Masters Running

Monday 2/11/19 (Read 42 times)

SteveP

Bioguy gets the ball rolling before gearing up for a 15 mile long run.

RunnerKSA cooks up 4 on the treadmill. Thankfully she can still give a high 5 after cooking class.

Spacityrunner sizzles up five gal pal miles.

Surly Bill shares an father's experiences. He finishes up his week with a fiver.

Coastwalker goes long and cole with 9.2 RW miles.

Rochrunner improves his pace for 6 miles. Those plaque numbers would have given me chest pains.

Falconfixer has a feeling better 8 miles.

Henrun has a warm and friendly 3 miles.

HollyS has a long 16.s flooded miles.

Dnaff dogs it for a mile.

Mrrun powered up 4 along the beach.

Tom White cross trains on the x-bike for 30 minutes.

Tetsujin209 logs in 6 figure 8 miles. I'm glad you've avoided a fall.

Stumpy has 3.1 pre-doggie miles. I use a very small percentage of the pictures I take. There's a fair number of the inside of my pockets in the recycle bin. SOme of them I have to come to a complete stop for.  That will screw up a person's pace.

Fatozzig checks in and shares a couple of nice pictures. That trail made my pulse quicken.

Joe618 puts the screws to his run and has 11 hard ones in the books.

TwoCat has a lovely 1.5 miles!!! Dude...we're loving it.

MikeE has 9 "I can dig it" miles.

Evanflein cuts it short at 13.5 miles. Good call. Can you come to the lower 48 and retrieve your weather? It's drunk and needs to go home.

Wildchild goes underground and gets 20 for the day.

Quickadder rounds it off with 9.53 miles.

I took a rest day Sunday. A non profit AFC had a volunteer appreciation party Saturday that included a snowshoe hike. I was one of three people that partook of the trails. Out of those, I was the only one with dogs. I need to restock Musher's Secret.

The trails were beautiful and the snowshoes were necessary.  the dogs prefered to stay in the tracks of those a ventured out before us.

When we took a loops through virgin snow, the dogs went behind me to follow my tracks. DD3#'s dog, Marley, kept stepping on the back of the snowshoe and I'm lucky I didn't face plant. That's when I let the mutts of leash. It was private property and I didn't ask permission prior to the outing. However, it would have made the 2.5 miles even longer.

I could not find a decent trek of road on the way back and put in 9.5 on the treadmill when we got home to finish at 40 for the week.

SteveP

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks Steve. Looks like the dogs had a great time in the snow with you on Saturday.

Wow - gorgeous winter trail photos yesterday from Fatozzig and Wildchild!

Some of you folks got in impressive long runs yesterday - Bioguy, Holly, Joe, Wildchild, Evanflein. Lots of other impressive workout and cross-training as well. I'm liking Twocat's 1.5 mile run as well.

I made the blood orange cake yesterday, and it was a little more labor-intensive than I expected, and the fact that it called for 2/3 cup of olive oil was a little strange, but it tasted great when it was all baked. I also got my recommendation roster for this years half marathon beneficiary done and submitted, which was the biggest challenge of the day. A few non-profits were easy to put at the bottom of the list for various reasons, but others are so impressive in regard to what they do, how they do it, and how well they manage their people and finances that it will be tough to pick just one. Toughest part of our job every year.

6.3 RW miles at J o'clock in 25° temps under cloudy skies, and with just a moderate breeze. Because I've been taking it easy the past couple of weeks, now, when I try to get up some speed my body just says "Yeah, right." I don't know if my ankle will tolerate some fartleks, but I'm inclined to give it a shot tomorrow morning.

Have a greta Monday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

C-R

Morning.

Great pics Steve. The dogs sure have a fun guy with you.

Nice work Jay and 2/3 olive oil would have made me wonder too. Gad it came out well. Watch that ankle now.

Today was another treadmill run but early morning. Too much slush out there. Ran a nice five with no issues. That's the first time since summer and it felt good. Guess taking a rest day (well only weights and bike) on Sunday was a good call.

Cheers all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Tramps

Thanks, Steve.

Beautiful pic, Leslie (and Carolyn!).

Out for a 5K today during a lull in the rain.

BTW, wasn't Fargo a woodchipper, not a chainsaw?

You need the right tool for the job.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Love the pictures, but I would still be leery of winter trail runs - too many rock and roots that are hidden by the snow.  (Can you tell that I have turned into a big chicken since my fall a couple months ago?)

40 minutes of weights and core today, followed by 1.6 recovery miles on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thanks, Steve.   Love all the pictures-   and yesterday's, too.  Carolyn- gorgeous scenery.

3.2 outside miles today.  49 degrees, but no rain yet.  It's coming!  There are flooding issues in the area, so we could do with a little less rain for now.    Late for work- more later.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Thanks, Steve.

Beautiful pic, Leslie (and Carolyn!).

Out for a 5K today during a lull in the rain.

BTW, wasn't Fargo a woodchipper, not a chainsaw?

You need the right tool for the job.

Picky, picky.    still various levels of power tools for evidence removal.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Joe618

Enjoyed all the photos!!   Winter trails sure look lovely.    Snowshoeing with the dogs...great winter fun in northern Michgan, to be sure.

Still very icy streets here so relented to 5+ miles on the dreadmill before work.   Not sure what the weather will be tomorrow morning, as the forecast has a good chance of freezing rain overnight.    I may have to channel my inner Tet tomorrow and do stairs here rather than the treadmill.   If I do, I'll count them

Need to go check our chainsaw sales totals for the morning.....

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

anneb

Morning all.

Tough weekend over here - on Sat AM we said goodbye to our old dog, Gibson (<---). We adopted him at 4 months old, so he was with us just under 15.5 years. He was having increasing physical challenges and had another minor fall last week. It was a hard decision, but the right one. Needless to say, it's pretty sad around our house. I know it'll get better - I've been through it before - but this was our first doggie.

I may have missed my chance to run outside today depending on when our next snow/freezing rain rolls in (will be sometime while I'm at work). Possibly I'll hop on the treadmill for a few miles tonight.

Anne

Dave59

We're in the middle of 3 days of rain here.  I was going to drive over to the gym for a run on the treadmill but then changed my mind at the last second and walked to the condo clubhouse for a run on the treadmill there.  It's nowhere as nice as the Planet Fitness equipment  but it is passable and saves me the trip.  You have to be careful not to step too far to the front of the belt because it slips when you do that.

The plan was 4 miles.  I was really struggling, even at a slow pace. Sweat pouring down, Took a couple walk breaks to catch my breath....

Then during a break at 2 miles I noticed that the incline was set around 4 or 4.5.   How dumb can one person be?  I lowered it to 1.5 and the last 2 miles were much easier (even though I was pretty tired by then.)

My Garmin is usually pretty accurate on "indoor runs" but today it registered 4.25 while the treadmill said 4.  I'm going with the treadmill on this one.  It doesn't really matter either way.

anneb - Sorry about your loss.  Tough to lose a pet that has been around so long.

{{{Anneb!}}} It's never easy to make those decisions.

Untouched snow is so beautiful.  Thanks for sharing the pics, Steve.

Carolyn - You can come run with me anytime.  Although you'll have to slow your fast butt down 'cause I won't be able to keep up with you. 

Work calls ~ Later ~~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Anneb--sorry to hear that.  Tough at any point, but 15+ years is a nice long run.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

coming out of lurk-mode to express my sympathies to anneb.  It's so hard to lose a pet, even when they've lived long lives and we know in our heart of hearts that it's time to help them pass on. Thinking of you.

Tammy

Oh, Anne.  I'm so sorry that you lost your beloved senior doggie.  It's SO hard and I know we'll be facing that soon with our 2 15 year olds.  How wonderful that you had all those years, but I know how sad you must be.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

anneb so sad. Losing a loved pet is always very difficult.

SteveP that last picture is sooooo cute!

If you are going to dispose of a body, I think a wood chipper is too messy. Plus you have to spend way too much time cleaning out all of the evidence. A chain saw is clearly the way to go. Err, have somebody else go. 

Since my PT encouraged me to do "runs" two days in a row I decided to take her advice and do 1.5 miles again today. Tough distance I know. But I am one tough guy!  Then it was off to teach my classes today. That really is tiring!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/