Masters Running

Thursday Workouts! (Read 779 times)

I probably shouldn't be starting a daily .... being a newbie here but here it is. Big grin I did a random mix of intervals and one MP mile. Some split times were 440-1:35, 880-3:17, mile-7:28. It all felt great and my cool down mile was 8:09 and felt relaxed. Total session was 6 miles, 8:02 avg pace, 139 AHR. Have a wonderful day Masters friends.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Ray that's a great workout! I did 4 miles on the treadmill at the gym so I could hit the weights while the legs are warmed up. I'm trying to work on the leg strength for 3 months.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Ray that's a great workout! I did 4 miles on the treadmill at the gym so I could hit the weights while the legs are warmed up. I'm trying to work on the leg strength for 3 months.
        Smart move Sarge. I once had problems (2004-05) with knee pain in the last 4-6 miles of a marathon but with the help of some pull-on supports and a summer of doing squats with just 110 lbs, I'm good now. No braces and no more pains. Leg strength is very beneficial.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Good morning Thanks for starting us rgreen. It is not anyone's responsibility to start each morning.....just whoever gets here first and has the time to get it going for the day. That was a good run. Sarge. you had a nice start to the day too. Are you just starting your leg strength program? I trust everyone has a great day. I am some cross training workouts today, still holding back from running just for the break.
          Vista
            Nice workouts Rgreen and Sarge. And a really nice rest Vista! I'm coming off a 5 day rest break myself. 5 days off - 5 pounds on. Blush Uggghhhh. Anyway, back to the pavement for 7 easy miles at 9:05 min/mile pace. It was a nice 66 degree, foggy morning. The achilles doesn't seem any worse for the effort. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Morning!! I have not run yet - stilll trying to clear my head from the cough medicine the doctor prescribed. Geez, I slept good . . . but!! Sleepy I hope to get out and try my 305 later on today. How do I get in to add an Avatar and create my profile?? ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Another 8 ho-hum miles at 9:45 pace. But I'm grateful that the temps are reasonable (36F) and we've had no recent snow or ice to make things (more) difficult.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Good Morning Everyone, Yes I kindda just started the leg presses and Smith machine squats for this winter,I used to do them every winter but slacked off the last couple and wow can I ever tell the difference. Hip and IT band injuries have slowed me. So now I'm trying to do them twice a week, lightly so as not to get too sore to run. I generally use Tues. Friday as leg rest days so I give them the total workout on Monday and Thurs. My wife opens the locale gym at 5:30 very weekday and we are welcome to go in after hours, that helps sometimes.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

anachrotech

A bleh 3 miles on the 'mill in 32:55. Run wasn't quality that's for sure. Tongue

Head Procrastinator

No run or other exercise for me but I was hoping Roy will check in and go back to his post about the log, I put the proper way to get it there. Also wondering if Beegre421 ever saw my post about the calf raises for achilles (and PF) Strong supporting muscles help all kinds of ailments. I see you answered your own question about the Avatars and profiles Mary Big grin
                      ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                        .....PDR//.....might be ''Ho-Hum'' to you,,,,,,sounds Pretty Good to me,,,,,,, .....30min nordictrak........cold is letting up, hopefully get in a good run this weekend to celebrate (or learn to Yodel.......and move to Norway ) could go either way ....................good running guys.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Heading out for a semi-hilly 8 miles at about 8:50 (we'll see...) pace. Beautiful morning in Nashville with a few clouds and upper 40s! This run is a little more than I would typically do when not in marathon training mode, but cookies, wine, eggnog, mashed potatoes, and sausage balls from the past few days are yelling at me. Roll eyes

"Also wondering if Beegre421 ever saw my post about the calf raises for achilles (and PF). Strong supporting muscles help all kinds of ailments."
                            Yes Hally, I did see that. Sorry I didn't respond to it right away. Although everything seems to suggest that achilles issues are generally caused by overtraining, mine actually came on when I reduced my mileage. Strange. I guess some cross-training at the gym is in order, although I don't think my calves have ever been in such good condition. I suppose flexibility may be the real cause. I am definitely not very flexible. Never have been. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

dg.

morning everybody, thanks for starting us Ray! nice runs & all, everybody. Vicki, how's your puppy? That reminds me of Sue. I wonder if she knows where we are. Yay Perch is here! I've been missing Tory. Wink That reminds me... Beers. Have you told BeerDog where to post? PDR not hohum to me either. I hope you get less tired soon. watch yourself, ok? Aamos, I see an ugly mouth. I even forgot it was supposed to be a bat. Embarrassed Now I can make the bat appear, but not for long. wonder what that means. thanks for your Ben Benjamin book suggestion. It's a great book. Do you have the new one? hi Brinkley! tw, keep us posted. // could you yodel in choir? see if you like it first? (catch up) Holly, sadly the 3 just means the 9 was taken. 3 rhymed, a memory aid. Smile Jem, at least the stubbornness is intact. -] pt exercises & assorted callanetics this morning. debating on whether to try the TM later.
                                Good morning everyone. What a day!!! What a beautiful day to be alive!! No run yet, just some core exercises and weights. Had my steering pump replaced on my car a week ago. On Christmas Eve my steering goes tight, I look under the hood, no more steering fluid. What the...I replace it but it keeps draining. Have an appointment today where I have to leave the car all day. I have the girls and we are on holidays and we want to go shopping. Luckily Clowning around they are giving me a rental... Will run when I get back, an hour is in order. On the PF stuff. I had 3 months of the most horrible pain and did everything every body suggested. ARTS fixed it temporarily but be ready to cry if you get the treatment. Make sure you use different pairs of runners, which allows your foot to stretch differently. Flexibility and strengthning exercises also will help in the long run. Take care Tall Enjoy a fantastic day everyone Two and a half days until my romantic get away...ha.......

Recent Best times: None recently