Masters Running

Thursday Workouts! (Read 779 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good morning! Makes perfect sense to me breeger. Everything tightens up when you reduce mileage and we may even tend to overstretch with all that "free" time. Glad to hear it's behaving. It sure is nice to see some long lost frens here. Very refreshing! Tory and I went out for 4 Magical healing miles in 36:13 (9:05 pace). That sore spot at my leg joint is much better. Have great runs! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! I don’t really know what to call us now. Are we still “Boomers?” Or are we now “Runnersahead?” Or would that be “Runneraheaders?” Smile Some nice runs/workouts already today. No run for me today. I felt that I needed a rest, so I switched out tomorrow’s x-training session for today: weighted squats, dead lifts, lateral raises, push-ups, bent rows, superman lifts, one-at-a-time leg lifts w/ankle weights, face-up and face-down, 10-minute ab workout video. Happy Thursday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

Good Morning! No run for me today. I felt that I needed a rest : weighted squats, dead lifts, lateral raises, push-ups, bent rows, superman lifts, one-at-a-time leg lifts w/ankle weights, face-up and face-down, 10-minute ab workout video.
        Not my definition of rest. Smile

Popping in to say hello. So hello. Ran an easy untimed 6 this morning in cool brisk weather. Have been lurking and keeping up with ya'll. ksrunr

ksrunr All American 10K Feb. '10 Cowtown Half marathon Feb. '10 Boston '10

Marathon Maniac #957

Hi Ksrunr! Dave59 - I like your new handle much better. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Good Morning and good running already. 5.7 miles for me with an experiment today, my first-ever hill repeats. I run a lot of hills anyway so I’ve never targeted hill repeats before. Today, though, I ran 2.1 miles to the base of a ¼ mile hill about 120 feet high. Then 3 steady repeats and easy run home. I thought the gradual incline would be better than the steeper hills nearby but it actually felt a little too easy. Next time I’ll try a different, steeper hill and see how that goes. Could SirWalksALot be a long-lost distant relative? Hmmmm…. Hi Perch! Given that more and more of our membership will NOT be Boomers, I think it’s time to retire that moniker. How about RAMs---Running Ahead Masters? Or is that too gendered? Photobucket

Be safe. Be kind.

Another 5 easy ones this morning at an 8:05 pace,at the end I ran with the girls from my running club...6 of them and me...life is goooood Big grin
                Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

King of PhotoShop

Tall, I hadn't really thought about ART for the PF. Tell us more. Morning Steve. Morning KSrunnr. So Sirwalks used to be a Dallasite! Well, well. I guess he's not Thunderbolter. Somebody has to go get TB though. I miss my 50+ thread. I post on it on Active and also on Kick. Tigger is on Kick and is pretty sharp on training and exercise physiology. There is no one to match fred and Jim24315, Sun and Joe however. Fred is playing "visiting professor" on Kick as he visits there occasionally. Come to think of it, there really ought to be a 60+ thread. Fred turns 60 this year, Jim is 62, Roch is my age, 61, and Raider is 61 I think. There has been some awfully good content on that thread in the past. My thinking is that of a marketing consultant. The demand will eventually create a solution, no need to force it. That hard mile I did yesterday wasn't a good idea. Core work today at the Y. Spareribs
                  Teresadfp

One day at a time

31 degrees and cloudy - good weather for running. I did my planned 2.0 miles at 8:30 am. I'm trying to get faster, so I pushed more than usual. I ran my first mile in 10:17, the fastest I've ever gone in my life. I know it's slow, but it's a big accomplishment for me. On the Garmin Training Center graph, I actually made it into the "Slow Run" zone part of the time! Usually I'm in the "Jog" zone. My total time was 21:14, and that's also a record for me. Wow, do I love the Garmin 305! When I ran by a side street today, it dawned on me that I could run down it since the Garmin was keeping track of my distance. When it warms up in the spring, I can't wait to drive farther into the countryside and just start running at random! Have a great day! Teresa
                    Mariposai

I sure miss Tetsujin; will someone go and drag him out of his taper hibernation? Perch- glad to see that you and Tori had another one of your magical runs. JJJ-please take the day off. We do not want to see another injured boomer here. Bap-great run. Enki-sorry I did not translate Cicero’s quote for your yesterday, but I see that SR did an excellent job at it. Ribs- could I quote you today at our manager’s meeting? Great job explaining the essence of Cicero’s quote. Holly- I think we are boomers regardless of were we are posting. Posting last night’s run—8 a-la-Perch&Tory miles (2 miles outside and 6 miles on the TM. Solar mix 10 keeping me company. I absolutely love the new mix. It is great for tempo runs like the one I did last night. Speaking of solar mix…I sure miss the “Son God”aka MC. Where is he?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

btb1490

Happy Thursday all! Healing wishes are heading to everyone who is either sick or injured at the moment. Hang in there, which is easier said than done I know. Keep doing something, for your sanity if nothing else. But in time, all will be right with the world again! Smile Everyone else, great runs and great cross training going on! Even those with "rest days" are doing impressive workouts! Day off from running for me. I started with a master's swim program about a month ago, and on the mornings that I swim (Tue/Thu), I usually am too shot the rest of the day to do anything else except try to keep my head from hitting my desk the rest of the day at work. Coffee is my best friend on those days. 4000 meters of the usual torture this morning. I'm working on cup #3 already.... Make it a good one today, everyone!
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

Healing wishes are heading to everyone who is either sick or injured at the moment. Hang in there, which is easier said than done I know. Keep doing something, for your sanity if nothing else. But in time, all will be right with the world again! Smile
                          Yep. And please drop by our On the Bench group to share war stories with other injured runners. It's a great place to whine... Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

Marathon Maniac #957

Tramps – not sure if I want to be a RAM. I thought about “Masters,” but that’s a bit gendered, too. Of course, the wimmen could be “Mistresses.” But then we might have to start running in black leather, carrying whips. Think that might improve my race times? Might just SCARE them into giving me an award. Big grin

Tramps

Tramps – not sure if I want to be a RAM.
                              Yeah, I understand. (This was actually somebody else's suggestion yesterday.) Cool logo potential though. Wink

Be safe. Be kind.

Haven't run since Sunday as I'm nursing a nagging post. tib. in my left ankle. Arggh!!! (sorry Embarrassed) Will go off to the gym at lunch to shove some weights around and look goofy on the stability ball--seriously, a woman came up to me once and exclaimed "you have the same physical therapist that I have!" while I was in the midst of one the routines he'd proscribed. Say, I like Rams, but then, I'm an Aries. grins, A p.s.: nice photo, perch--I remember the day!
                                Masters 2000 miles