Masters Running

Wed Sep 24 Runs and Workouts (Read 466 times)

Good morning, everyone! We had a nice dinner with evanflein and one of her colleagues last night. He was kind enough to hold the camera to take this picture for us. I sure had reason to smile, huh? 4 easy today, but I did stretch my legs a bit more than yesterday. HR was a bit lower but I'm guessing that's because I was more rested. It was 10° cooler, but at these nice temps I wouldn't think that would matter that much. 4.1 miles, 35:07, 8:35/mi, AHR 137 Glad Dennis is ok.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Marathon Maniac #957

What a great photo to start the day! WRFB, I didn't realize that Erika was in your area - very kewl. 5.1 recovery paced miles for me today (ave pace 10:52) in a lovely 57 degrees. Had to cut it short to go get DD a donut for her breakfast - her reward for getting her first goal at her soccer game last night. Smile Dg - Dennis is adorable.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Beers and Evan....Excellent! Glad you hooked up! I saw Dr yesterday and he said no MRI needed as it is not bone. It is strained Soleus. I can run on it and do what I've been doing, warm b4 run, ice after, compression bandage.... 10 mile progression run today in IRC! (first 1/2 mile gimpy) 10:33, 10:14, 9:34, 9:26, 9:11, 9:05, 8:33, 8:28, 8:22, 8:02 Last 6 miles felt pretty good.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning Smile Great picture, too bad it had to be ruined by the thug in the middle...just kidding Big grin. Two beautiful women and one handsome dude...doesn't get much better than that Cool Another good run for you Holly in IRC. Congrats to your DD...I'm sure she loved her donut. GREAT news Steve and stellar run there this morning...but whats new! Carpy run for me because my good training last week and long weekend runs finally caught up with me BIG TIME. 7 very easy miles - 1:06 - 9:27 pace. Feel better this morning, so hopefully my track workout tonight will be good. Have a great day everyone Smile Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

great pic to start the day!! deb - glad your dennis will be ok!! i'm not happy with my back at all -- it is so miserable!! yesterday did 30 min on the arc trainor and some weights and abs.............want to run today but not sure it's a good idea -- just took some motrin, saw the kiddo off to school and now have to decide what to do - i'm thinking i might call the PT and see if i can get back in for a tune-up, i think i have 4 more visits approved. on a cool non-running note -- i worked sunday and monday nights - had 5 baby girls between the two nights and one of them i delivered myself!! not sure the midwife was so happy she just missed the delivery but i have to tell you - it was sooooooooooo kewl!! kind of funny too, one of our new residents tried to come in and help, but she took so long putting on a gown and gloves that i had the baby in my hands and on her mommy before the resident even had her second glove on!!

denise

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow - great photo to start us off! Nice run this morning too Lou. Steve - that is great news! So happy Dennis will be okay DG. Great run this morning for Holly! You'll do great on the track tonight Tim. Oh Denise - that is so kewl to deliver a baby! What an eventful night for you! Hope your back is feeling better soon. I don't know why I worried about taking Brinkley for an 8 mile run with me .... he was much more energetic than I right up to the very end! I told him at the beginning to pace himself, but of course he does not listen. This was my last 8 mile mid-week run - thank goodness!! There is something mental for me about running that distance before work that I just hate. Celebrated by eating a very fresh cinnamon donut from our local cider mill. 58 degrees - 8 mile - 9:53 avg. pace - 164 avg. hr Cheers!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Dave59

Good morning. Nice picture WRFB. 3 easy miles for me this morning. Happy National Punctuation Day! http://www.nationalpunctuationday.com/

Very nice picture to start off the day! I hope to meet all of you eventually; Erika perhaps sooner than most. We'll see. I couldn't drag my behind out of the comfortable bed this morning. Felt okay to run the planned 4 - 6 mile recovery run. But I was tired so I decided to rest up. Tomorrow will be a tough "short tempo" run that is a bit faster than 10K speed. So I think I need to take the day. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I think the thumping sound I hear is DH banging his head on the wall after seeing that picture to start the day. Wink deb--is Dennis an extra paw cat? We've had a couple and they can use all of them at once if you're unlucky enough to get in their way Smile Glad he's OK

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

on a cool non-running note -- i worked sunday and monday nights - had 5 baby girls between the two nights and one of them i delivered myself!! not sure the midwife was so happy she just missed the delivery but i have to tell you - it was sooooooooooo kewl!! kind of funny too, one of our new residents tried to come in and help, but she took so long putting on a gown and gloves that i had the baby in my hands and on her mommy before the resident even had her second glove on!!
                      Now that's awesome! You've obviously had alot of experience assisting...is this the first baby you've delivered by yourself?
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                        Happy National Punctuation Day
                        ...uh-oh........ 30min NordicTrak punctuated with sweating. ta-tah.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Great picture, Lou! I was almost going to be in your area myself in a couple of weeks with my Civil War group, but just had too many other things scheduled. Just as well, since you'll be in Portland that weekend anyway. Right now I'm in the middle of a "brick". Just came back from a 4.3-mile run with a friend at a comfortable 9:40 pace, and will shortly be taking the bike out for a 30-mile or so ride. We're still in a stretch of beautiful weather here, and it looks like it's going to stay with us for a few more days. Might as well take advantage of it while it's here. Tomorrow I'm going to a local bike shop for a professional bike fitting session, courtesy of a gift from my DW. Good running, everyone!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

King of PhotoShop

Lou, a great picture to start our day, two beautiful women and of course you were there too. Deez, don't run! Mary, good job. Tim, now you're getting the hang of it. You do a 30 mile weekend, and on Monday you're not tired, and in fact wanting to do more, but you wisely do not. Then it catches up with you on Tuesday. So guess how your track workout will go tonight after having an easy day Monday? See the pattern? Just a walk for me today as I ran yesterday. The Saint is taking the day off. Congrats to the Sox for clinching the wild card. Does anyone here have an iPod and use iTunes? Apple keeps reminding me I should download this huge Safari thing. I have no idea what it is for or why I would want it. Would somebody good at this give me a quick tutorial and recommendation? Spareribs
                              Does anyone here have an iPod and use iTunes? Apple keeps reminding me I should download this huge Safari thing. I have no idea what it is for or why I would want it. Would somebody good at this give me a quick tutorial and recommendation? Spareribs
                              Ribs, Safari is Apple's browser product. Don't install it unless you want another, separate browser on your PC. Some people have been upset with Apple over their "stealth" method of getting people to install Safari without realizing what they're doing.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

I don't want to talk politics on the daily thread, but I do want to mention the big story which I am sure all of you who focus on current events are interested in today. I refer of course to the Red Sox clinching a playoff spot. Of course the full implications have yet to be revealed, and it will take time for all this to play out. Now that they have clinched at least the wild card, will they continue trying to overtake the Rays for first place in the division? What about the post-season roster? Drew and Lowell have both been out with injuries, but one or both of them might recover and be able to contribute in the post-season. Or you could leave one of them off the roster, and add an 11th pitcher. 8 miles on the treadmill at 8:04 mile pace. Dark Horse
                                I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.