Masters Running

Sundaily (Read 42 times)

Cheating with a non-running start!! 😆 Taking a much needed rest day!!

Yesterday was the celebration of life for my friend Kim who started the We Finish Together campaign. It was in Washington and a nice handful of our friends went down for it, but I just wasn't up for ending my vacation with a whirlwind trip so I dedicated my Sat 12.2 miles to her!! She really was a fabulous lady!!

Hope you are all having a great weekend despite the crazy weather patterns!! 3 more days of vacation for me and I already had the nightmare of forgetting my work bag and not having my ID on the first day back!! May sound trivial, but the mother-baby units are all locked floors and getting around without a badge to swipe is a real nightmare!! 🤣🤣

denise

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Deeze, I don't remember a rule that says you have to have run (or walked, or worked out) to start the daily, so you're good. Do you want us all to call you when you head back to work to remind you to take your work bag and ID?

Friends (the couple that owns the 'favorite dive' where we often have breakfast) are coming over for dinner tonight, so we'll be doing salmon on a plank on the grill, roasted Brussels Sprouts, and chocolate whiskey cake. Still working on the appies, but I'm sure we'll come up with something good.

When I started my workout this morning, there were a fly or two or three that were constantly buzzing my head and doing touch-and-go all over my head. It was more than annoying, and I couldn't make them go away. So I went back to the house and drove down to the fly-free coast and did my 7.5 miles there, and then drove home. It was 72°, sunny, and still muggy. I hope it's not going to be like this for the rest of the summer. I hate buzzing flies, and most especially buzzing biters.

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks, deez.  Good morning, Jay.  That dinner sounds wonderful.

3.7 miles. Cloudy and humid.  That's it for today.  I have an early flight in the morning for a convoluted trip to upstate NY for a few days.  I was hoping for cool weather up there and that isn't going to happen.  Apparently the hotel is very close to a path along the river in Utica, so that's good.  I have to work around my co-workers and not delay us.....

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

No pressure to cook for the cooks?  Although if it tastes half as good as it sounds, you should be fine.

No no running here either (big shocker) but will be heading down to the beach for more doggo swimming lessons. She started last time, but just like a kid, getting into water over your head is a little scary

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

spacityrunner

No running here either...but I did get out for a quickie before Barry arrives.  1.6 miles...left the sling at home.  The doc would not be happy...but all was fine for the short walk.

Dave your fruit post yesterday just cracked me up.  You are one funny guy!

Karen thats a lot of coin for a little lemon.  Just say no to sonic!  have fun in Utica!!

As for me and Barry...he keeps wavering and I just don't know what we are going to get.  My area is right on the line so a little to the west it could be 5-6" of rain, a little to the east it could be 1-2" of rain and anything in between.  The birds are fed, the fridge is full and the car is gassed up.  I'm ready!!!!

Trails Rock!

Joe618

Good morning from San Diego! 

Plank salmon is awesome.  Wow.

Big bad Barry bearing buckets of water...hope it's less than you fear.

Delta airlines still happily hands out peanuts, almonds, Kind bars and plenty of Diet Coke.  I was fine, especially as I packed my own turkey and cheese sandwiches.

Hope your trip goes OK, KSA.  Utica is quite the locale...

Got in 4.1 miles this morning early.   Man, what a perfect climate in SD.  Going to see the Padres-Braves this afternoon.  Fly home Monday.

Rock your day!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

dnaff

3 for me, and all on the shady side of the road.  Some days it just works!  Good breeze too.  H and H roll back in tomorrow.

Jay, that's why -- even when I'd be cooler without one -- I always wear a hat when running, especially since I like running in the vicinity of trees and other vegetation. A full head of hair would also alleviate the situation, but I can't even remember now what that was like...

I had every intention -- as they say -- of going out extra-early today for a 7AM run to beat the heat, but somehow the easy chair, pot of coffee, and interesting articles in the papers resulted in my usual summer start time of 8AM. So it was a good thing that, as dnaff described, this was the one low-humidity day of the week and conditions were good if not ideal. I ran from the usual starting point, but since I had just walked the trail yesterday I decided to run the other way, pick up the Clinton River Trail south of town, and then run into Bloomer Park and along the old canal towpath trail. This also meant that I was in shade for almost 90% of the distance and I completed a 5-mile run in just under an 11 minute pace. I did take a couple of walk breaks in the last mile or so, but overall it felt good and was a nice, quiet choice of routes.

On now to HHH again for the next few days...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Oh Joe -  I could only wish that Utica (we actually fly into Albany and stay in Utica) is the actual destination.  It's a place called Frankfort which I don't believe actually has people living there. (jk- maybe a couple of thousand).  We have our newest Distribution Center there and it's supposed to be really something.  We are bringing in some state officials to show them how we have processes to make sure stuff that isn't allowed to be sold in NY is kept somewhere so that it only gets to go to other states.  I'm talking REALLY scary stuff like pond scum remover and some flea and tick killer.     The second day is HR training.

evanflein

Hey Roch, nice run for you. Steve (Perchcreek) says you guys ran together a bit, was that yesterday? Nice to run into folks like that.

Joe, with peanut allergies so common (and sometimes severe), and the fact that peanut dust traveling thru the closed venting system, I'm really surprised Delta still serves them. Most airlines stopped peanuts years ago. Holly asked because we were talking about this in Hawaii a few months ago.

We love red salmon grilled on a cedar plank. mmmmmmm......

Sorry to hear our local paper has put up an immediate paywall. It used to be you could get 4 or 5 articles a month free without paying for it.

8.6 miles yesterday. Not sure what I'll do today but should get some miles with hills in a last ditch prep effort for next weekend's Gold Discovery Run. That one is gonna hurt. 11 more days with this cast.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Guess they’re in the wirelessless wilderness but, wearin’ my Bastille Day Waiters’ Race t-shirt I got at a snake meat restaurant in WDC in the seventies, for a happy birthday anyway to the Bastille Day goddesses.

22 mi bike / three mi run.
                        Even all the local tv prognosticators have give up on the supposed week or rain we’re supposed to be having so got out early before it got hot (mid-seventies, that is) for 22 strong 12mph+ cyclemiles and three surf-‘n’-turf miles down at the lake.  It's been so nice I can hardly wait to wake up as early as possible and go outside and do something without having to get all bundled up.  Already hoping for a speedy day of domestic chores, bed by 9am and over to the Hillside stairs ASAP tomorrow morning by j-o'clock or as shortly thereafter as possible. Yippee.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...snake meat restaurant??.....

do we

want to know

what the side items were?

========

...overcast all day

89-degrees, no wind

..70-min RC at soccerfields......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Those dang flies bite the back of my head right at the bottom of my hat, Jay.  I hate those things.

Ryan and I went out at noon and did 7 miles under the bright sun.  It was hot!

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey folks,

Just got home from the lake.  Super busy with lots to catch up on, but sadly no run to report - still limping or walking with my right foot on tip-toe to avoid setting weight on the bent foot.  (sigh)  I will call tomorrow to get an appointment with a sports med doc to see what he/she says (If it hurts when you run, don't!).  Will be hitting the cross training with weights and bike and swimming in an attempt to keep (gain?) some fitness while this new owie gets figured out.

Loved, loved the long weekend with good friends (5 couples), good food, and fun times in the water and on the boat.  Here's a shot of DH and I on the boat.Image may contain: 2 people, including Holly Slone Schultz, mountain, sky, cloud, outdoor, nature and water

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

That looks beautiful and fun, Holly.  I hope you can figure out your foot!