Masters Running

9/3 Weight Thread (Read 378 times)

Tramps

Another week and a new month.  How's everybody doing?

I'm at that point when the hunger created by ramping up mileage is counteracting any attempt to watch what I eat.  In other words, I suspect my weight will start to plateau soon.  Until then, another small loss this week.

Start = 160

W#1 = 158.9

W#2 = 157.8

W#3 = 157

W#4=  156.4

W#5=  156

W#6= 155.4

W#7= 155

Goal <155

Ideal = 150

Be safe. Be kind.

#artbydmcbride

I am the same gazelle-like weight as last week. 

But someone brought donuts and they are right outside my office at this moment singing siren songs to me.."we are glazed and fresh...we want you to enjoy us"

Runners run

Got the "official weigh-in" this morning at the doctor's office - no need to go into details why I was there. (No, I'm NOT pregnant ) Anyway, 125 fully clothed and shoed. Those have to be worth at least a pound, don't ya think? I'm okay with that as DH and I went out for a beautiful Italian dinner last night that included bread and TWO glasses of chianti. Gotta get back on track and hope everyone's weigh-in this week is better than mine.

Marathon Maniac #957

Ilene - RUN!!!!!

I'll have to weigh in tomorrow.  I completely forgot until after my run, and that won't give me an accurate reading.  I feel about the same, though.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

139 this morning. I guess that's ok given the dietary indiscretions lately. But after all the miles I ran last month... well, you know. It would be nice to be a little less.

#artbydmcbride

Ilene - RUN!!!!!

I'll have to weigh in tomorrow.  I completely forgot until after my run, and that won't give me an accurate reading.  I feel about the same, though.

Sad   too late....one was glazed with a cinnamon crumb coating.

.......I'll run a little further tonight though!

Runners run

Renee the dog

127.  I am thrilled to still be the same.  Three days of overeating on our little vacation I thought would torpedo me...but nope, still the same.

Looking forward to moving that number a bit by next week! 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

SteveP

205 lbs

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm so jealous of Nono.  She's always posting about overeating and yet not gaining weight.  I run a zillion miles, eat like a bird, and still can't drop any weight.  

13 mile run

2100 calories

Still no weight loss

drat!

Holding at 114....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

#artbydmcbride

Holding steady despite the donut (s) yesterday!   Yay!

...sorry Holly  Big grin

Runners run

dg.

gazelle-Ilene...  cinnamon raises your metabolism.  you should have 2!    the things we do for running. 

Holly, I'm sorry too.

I did weigh myself this morning, a little hestantly....thought about losing the scale again someplace in the front yard instead of getting on it.  then it really was broken!  watched it bounce all over the place, (good numbers, although delusional)  ..114, 113.      got off, got back on, 116.8.  sane, but better than i expected.  tried one more time, 116.4.     so, I don't know.   somebody pick a number for me!  ;-)

#artbydmcbride

113!

(always low ball!)  

Runners run

Renee the dog

I'm so jealous of Nono.  She's always posting about overeating and yet not gaining weight.  I run a zillion miles, eat like a bird, and still can't drop any weight.  

13 mile run

2100 calories

Still no weight loss

drat!

Holding at 114....

Holly, you are my age, right?  Don't know if it is backed up by empirical evidence or not, but anecdotally, women sometimes seem to have issues with weight loss around our age.  I had a devil of a time for awhile, then suddenly my bod was willing to give.  If I could graph my weight loss for you for the last three years of effort, it would look like a spiky downward staircase.  Lose 10, gain 4.  Maintain.  Lose 8, gain 2.  Maintain.  Etc.  I started this a few years back now at 150 lbs., if that makes you feel any better. 

Also, realize I said I overate for 3 days.  When I got home, I didn't.  Probably ate way  less than I normally would (I can't remember, so I probably didn't even cook anything!).  Maybe that works in my favor?  Always keeping my body guessing?  Or my bod figuring there's another feast coming soon, so no need to conserve the weight?  I have no idea. I do know the starvation response shouldn't be in play for any of us, since we run so much, but maybe in your case it is?   Anyway, I hear your frustration and will refrain from posting like that again.  But, oh, to be 114 to start with... <sigh>

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

113!

(always low ball!)  

thanks..   I do like how you think.     am feeling quite gazelle like Wink

have another donut.  

was going to post a picture (i even looked)(yum) but decided that wasn't very nice. 

Holly, I do think there might be something to what Nono said.. (there usually is!)   ... I've done something like that sometimes too with similar results.  These days my 'system' is so nutty I never know what to expect.

hmm.  cinnamon glazed with nuts....

Don't know if it is backed up by empirical evidence or not, but anecdotally, women sometimes seem to have issues with weight loss around our age.  I had a devil of a time for awhile, then suddenly my bod was willing to give.  If I could graph my weight loss for you for the last three years of effort, it would look like a spiky downward staircase.  Lose 10, gain 4.  Maintain.  Lose 8, gain 2.  Maintain.  Etc.  I started this a few years back now at 150 lbs., if that makes you feel any better.

Well, I certainly like that explanation and am going to use it to my advantage since I "suddenly" gained 6 or 7 pounds a couple of weeks ago and have only gotten back down to 143.6 as of yesterday.

Ilene - Doggone it!  Here I was doing so well eating my low fat lunch while reading this (BBQ chicken, carrot sticks, pear, maybe a bagel), and I read about donuts.  DONUTS!  Yes, I want one, and I want it now. {sigh}  Oh wait!  I have a Snicker bar in my desk at work!  Yee haw!

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance