Masters Running

Monday May 5th Daily Run and Fun (Read 483 times)

Good morning. I know that Predawnrunner is already up reading reports and probably out there running now, so I will start the thread for the day. Plenty going on in the world with some nice RR's coming in and others due from the weekend. Thanks for each one who posts these reports. They are entertaining AND good learning tools. I figure SR is still up watching his Stars beat the Sharks. It only took 4 overtimes to decide that one. Meanwhile, my Celtics finally finished off a pesky Atlanta team. I took the weekend off from running, mainly because people had my life so filled up with other activities that I had to put off running. Last night I ate supper THREE TIMES.......with three different people .......at three different restaurants. Yikes.......I did a nice steak at one meal.....drove 1/4 mile to eat a personal pan pizza......then finished off 1/2 mile back in the other direction with a chicken ceasar salad. The good news is I weighed 2 pounds less this morning than I did yesterday morning. Today is filled with two meetings with two individuals wanting some advice with their lives/families and then my first golf game of the year this afternoon. NO MEAL MEETINGS TODAY. I will run under street lights tonight. Have a great day everyone. Start the week off with a solid run today and let us hear about it.
    Vista

Marathon Maniac #957

....I did a nice steak at one meal.....drove 1/4 mile to eat a personal pan pizza......then finished off 1/2 mile back in the other direction with a chicken ceasar salad. The good news is I weighed 2 pounds less this morning than I did yesterday morning.
      Grrrr…life is just not fair…… Smile Sarge - nice job at the Flying Pig. Very cool that you get to run with your DW. I read that they changed the course some this year, but I don't know the area well enough to identify the exact changes. I did the half last year, and I remember the hills at mile 8-9 or thereabouts seemed much steeper than they were this year. Could just be my memory playing tricks on me. The Saint – stomach issues are the worst in a race! Way to tough it out. Like Wildchild said, can we see the picture? BTB – good luck and speedy healing on your surgery today. I’ll try to send some {{{healing vibes}}} your way. No run for me today. My legs actually feel pretty good– tired, but not really sore. My middle toes are tender, but not as bad as they were after Boston. Life is good. Tonight we get the keys to the new house. I spent more than 3 hours packing boxes last night (until I ran out of boxes to fill). We’ll take a couple loads tonight, and DH is taking tomorrow off work to move. We expect to be in the house tomorrow night – woo hoo! Happy Monday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thanks for starting us off so well Vista! Pretty amazing diet plan you have there. Mr. CNYrunner worked at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY more than 15 years ago, but still talks about how he ate for the institution and often had to eat three dinners. He didn't fare so well with a lower weight the next day though! Hi Holly! You are amazing....a marathon and then packing and a move. You've earned some nice relaxing rest and some time to celebrate this next chapter. I'll be running with Holly on May 15 folks.....I'll report back on her new running routes, since by then she will have scaled all the hills and then some. Smile Four mile shake out run for me at 5:45 AM (36:18) and 46F under partly cloudy skies here in Durham, NH. My legs were a bit stiff owing to racing and then sitting at the little league fields for most of the day yesterday. I stopped three times during the drive up here last night and stretched. All good otherwise. Good runs and workouts and recovery to all. Keep the reports coming! Karin Healing vibes to BTB!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good morning Vista and Maniac I did an "ellipto" Brick this morning. 30 min on a "stairway to max burn" setting (good leg strengthening) then 4 miles with Tory at 9 min pace. Have great runs!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow Vista! I agree with Holly - grrrrr - Tongue Thinking of BTB during his surgery today. Wishing you all the best!! Scheduled rest day for me. My lower back has been a bit sore lately, so it is a good thing that I'll be tapering this week and give it a rest. So far the weather is looking perfect for Saturday - but this is Michigan so I'm not counting on that quite yet! Anticpating a very quiet day at work. That means I get to read race reports!! Happy Cinco de Mayo!! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Guess I missed the exact date somewhere along the way, but GOOD LUCK to BTB and GOOD HANDS to his surgeon!! Happy moving Holly. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Hill Runner

Happy Cinco De Mayo! The smell of Honesuckle is in the air...sure sign of summer. 10.17 miles of hills @ 9:10 pace on a beautiful morning to run. I've been real busy & haven't been here very much lately but I"m looking forward to reading all the race reports later this evenihng. Good running' today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

The Jogger

Morning Gang Wishing BTB the very best today in his surgery, Vista good luck with the golf, beautiful day here for golf, Holly, enjoy the move, once you're in it's great, Karin, 05:45 couldn't you have run earlier than that Big grin, nice pace for Tory Steve, Mary hope the back is ok........ I did a 5m undulating trail, running up the hill I was practically limping and walking with the hip injury, coming back was quite smooth and felt like doing more. I'm off on Wed and will attempt a long run on the flat, which will be more like the marathon course and will make a decision after that if to run it or not. Anyway, feeling good now, 5m 57:55 @ 11:35 pace AHR 146 67% Good Runs All Roy
                    A rest day today, but feeling very good considering the run and biking yesterday. As Mary and the other Michiganders will agree, when we have a spring that's been this nice, it's not normal and we're sort of waiting for our payback. But I'm sure it will be great conditions for next weekend's 5th/3rd run! Some great weekend races reported on so far, and we'll be waiting to hear from breger and the others as soon as they're able.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

dg.

good morning Smile Holly, it's finally here! have fun tonight. I'm glad you're not sore. Can't believe you packed last night for 3 hours. was going to say take it easy this week, but I don't suppose that's too likely. hugs for Mary's back, Roy's hip & Bob's ankle. Doug & Mary... I know. This spring keeps catching me by surprise. driving home from the gym this morning I just had to keep smiling. there was one point looking off to the side while on an overpass -- for quite a distance the budding trees were encased with light fog, right above them clear blue sky. almost dug for my cell phone to take a picture but thought better of it. I was also smiling thinking about the Eugene report that Ribs posted last night. how inspiring, especially thinking about what they've gone through to get there. thanks for taking the time to post that. Well I gave it a shot this morning, cut back a little & I think it was ok. 3.9 miles total, 2.92 was running. ave. pace 10:54, (first time under 11 since the injury), max was 8:34. ahr was 165, max 179. Was very careful with stretching. Sitting is still a problem but who needs to sit? Wink. Big grin
                        I read through yesterday's daily and there were a ton of races going on this weekend. Congratulations to all. I have a really busy schedule today. Still I hope to get back here tonight to see what is going on. btb good luck with the surgery today. We are all pulling for you. Today I did a "recovery" run of 6 miles. Recovery deserves to be in quotes since I am still trying to get my weekly miles over 40 so it is not all that clear what I am recovering from! Wink Yesterday I purchased my plane tickets and mailed in my registration form for the Missoula Montana Marathon on July 13. Now I need to get back into shape for the race. Hopefully, the base I built up during the winter will still be good for something and the rather bizarre training schedule I will need to piece together will work. If anybody is planning to be out in Missoula from July 11 to July 14 let me know and maybe we can get together.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Great eating Vista...that's how I like to eat to. maybe that's why I am not losing any weight ahead of my marathon. Holly you are one tough lady...have fun BtB - Best wishes are with you today....keep us posted as soon as you can. Roy - Take care of that hip with some yoga poses and some strengthning exercises you can find on the net..it's a recurring problem for me so I do this after every training run. No run today after yesterday's LR with L. Dinner at her place was amazing last night - What a cook. Someone who can put me to shame in the kitchen and on the road (This is a first). Off for my massage in two hours (ahhhh) Take care everyone Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

God morning, all! Vista - nice start this morning - I'm envious of your gastronomical evening! Holly - enjoy the new house!! btb - sending you healing vibes for a speedy recovery! {{{{{{Mary's back}}}}}}}} and hope the weather holds for this weekend. Peter - I can smell that honeysuckle - I love those and lilacs. dg - yeah - under 11:00 is terrific! 6.25 easy recovery miles on the treadmill this morning. Weights and core hopefully at noon. Good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

...roy//......I emailed Dr Bookspan about my hip/hammy/knee problem, if she has any advise, I'll pass it along.... ======= ........30min versaclimber...... ....................good running guys...........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

8 easy miles with T around the town...8:09 pace... My diet starts today Cry
                                Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip