Masters Running

Wednesday 4/10/19 (Read 44 times)

SteveP

Coastwalker/Jay takes an unprecedented rest day. I don't see you as a slacker.

Joe618 has a niece 5. I tell new hires that I may go over things they already know and assume they're coming in a blank slate.

MikeE has 2nd Monday syndrome with 8 hard miles at the track.

RunnerKSA double dips the greta outdoors 3.5 miles before addressing a wild group and 2.1 after work.

Deez4boyz has a nice cross the Boston finish line run. Your anecdote with the lady at the crosswalk was gut wrenching. My younger brother had been telling people he was THE messenger of God.

AnneB has a an "oh Deer" five miler in the preserve.

JLynne mixes it up at the Y.

TammyinGP is riding out the rain.

Hopes Mom has yoga and cycling with her unique reflective gear.

Fatozzig has a recovery work out!!! She has a 3/4 miler before PT!!!WHOOT!Love the BTY pictures!

Happy Birthday to a top notch guy!

Tom White gets 55 min at the soccer fields.

Pfriese has a 6.2 out and back.

Stumpy pops in.

Tramps has a humid 22 mile ride.

Tet has his hands full with a 5 miler commute run? cycle? something fine I'm sure.

HollyS has 4 miles in her day that included and unkind cut. When our dog gets out of line, I'll threaten to make sure he gets that operation again. He usually straightens up. I hope you foot settles down soon.

TwoCat had 6 miles in!!! I'm very sorry to hear about the injections after effects. You've been trough it these last 6 months. New Rule: No more Injuries Unless Paperwork Is Filled Out Three Months In Advanced And Approved By A Simple majority Of Those Who Post In Runningahead's Daily. A tie will be broken with a toss of a cat. If it lands on it's back, the application for injury is approved. If it lands on it's feet, the paperwork possess begins again after a two month period of reflection.

Falconfixer improvised a brick and ran three after spin class.

Surly Bill rips a fartlek for 4.6 miles. that's some serious muscle definition.

mariposai sneaks in and out!!

Please let me clarify. A manhandle day allows me to get some weight training in while on the clock. Rarely is it a bad thing. I got 4 miles in before work and 5 after.

SteveP

Great recap, Steve, and good workouts, Masters!   Sorry for those with aches, pains and after effects.

Felt like staying in this morning, so 3.2 on the treadmill.  Will be 80 degrees after work, so will go outside for a couple more miles.

My commute should be a challenge (normally 20 minutes or so) for a few days since a lane is closed on the highway for some sort of repair and the advance warnings are dire.    Oh well.  I'll get there when I get there.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Karen--I fondly remember driving I40 during rush hour while working on a project at the Piedmont plant a few years ago.  The peak fun was when some bigwig (Biden?) came into town and their route was shutdown for about an hour.  Nothing but fun.

Still no running, but a fair amount of walking about the plant.  DW is VERY ready to let me take over doggo duty.  Hope Maggie remembers me.  of course, my first day back on Saturday will involve a few hours going to the Partay to meet up with the other Bostonians and (hopefully) some out of towners.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks for the recap/start, Steve. Nice pre/post-work runs yesterday.

Good attitude about the extended commute, KSA. Do you have something to occupy yourself (books-on-tape, podcasts?) while you crawl through the repair work?

Nice to know that your DW, and maybe Maggie, misses you, Stumpy. I'm hoping to make it down to Boston for the Partay on Saturday afternoon as well, and look forward to seeing you and whoever else is there.

I promised I'd be back out on the roads again this morning, and I was. I got up a little early, and was out the door at 4:02 for 7.2 RW miles in a fine mist in 34° temps. About half way through, the mist had dried up and I could see stars through the dispersing clouds. I had my ankle well-taped this morning, and was able to get in some relatively quick miles without any discomfort. One of these days, I'll have to see what happens if I go tapeless.

Have a greta Wednesday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

anneb

Morning Steve and others.

Winter was back this morning- 35 but felt like 26 with the wind. Off I went in my long clothes + jacket/buff/gloves for 3.7 miles. Only saw a couple of deer, and some very confused geese overhead.

It’s supposed to rain all day through tomorrow AM, then some more Thursday afternoon/evening. I don’t know why MLB didn’t have the Cubs play yesterday when it was 65 (scheduled off). Looking ahead, 3 out of 5 of the next home games could be impacted by weather. Also a reminder of why I don’t commit to any early season games.

Anne

Good morning folks. Thanks for the recap Steve. I'm impressed with your 2-a day runs, since by the time you get home from work you must be exhausted. Is your snow all gone yet?

80° KSA? So ready for that kind of weather here.

Hey Kevin - make sure you take your camera to Robin's Partay!

Henry - I hope you had a fantastic birthday!

Anneb - I'll trade you your rain for our snow!

Winds blowing 20 mph and a temp of 36° made for an interesting run this morning. Started into the wind, and some of the gusts seemed like they were pushing me backward! Ended up with 5.72 miles and 20 minutes of good core and stretching. First time out in a new pair of Brooks Transcend that I bought last week. I'm not convinced the new model is any good. Why can't shoe companies just leave well enough alone?

The weather forecasters are predicting a wicked storm here the next two days. 5-8 inches of wet, heavy snow and lots of wind. And my DS#1 and DIL are leaving town tomorrow for a work conference. I've got my 3 grandsons and their sick doggy for the weekend. This should be interesting. Their beagle Miles is still not recovered from getting into the bug killer crystals the exterminator put down last week. He's still not eating or drinking much. If something happens to that poor dog while his owners are gone, I'll never forgive myself. Ack!! I can't handle all of this pressure!

...thanks steve//.............ya know, this ''DumbRunner''website  is Hilarious.....

https://dumbrunner.com/training-news/2019/3/1/report-most-running-injuries-are-from-people-putting-shoes-on-wrong-feet

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Joe618

Morning all. 

Fantastic photo yesterday, SurlyBill, from the Oregon Masters track meet!   Very nice to see you running in a pack like that!

Scheduled rest day here.   'Twas not my birthday yesterday but thanks anyway for the greetings!

Hump day, woot woot!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Turns out the commute was fine- maybe a few minutes delay at the lane closure point.  I'm only on I 65 for 2 exits, then it is surface roads and actually a fairly pleasant commute.  I listen to the radio- flip between cable news and country music stations.  I brought my stuff to run from work this afternoon.

In the last couple of weeks I've gotten two new cases in Phoenix.  There are worse places!

Great recap as usual Steve!!  This is certainly a busy Masters group!!

Its amazing how good sleeping until 5:40 feels after getting up at 4:20 2 days in a row!!! It's like sleeping in 

45 minute spin class, a tutu on the treadmill, strength and core work!!

Going to my PT friend this afternoon for a look at my feet -- they have been cranky lately and probably another fun side effect of aging, but I won an evaluation raffle at the Sole Sister banquet so I might as well use it!!

I was able to switch off working Saturday to go to the PARTAY, but now thinking it might be a Maine day. We need to get some things done up there together before we go to Italy and it looks like the only day DH and I can both get up there. We'll see.......

Happy Wednesday my friends!!

denise

Singer who runs a smidge

Their beagle Miles is still not recovered from getting into the bug killer crystals the exterminator put down last week. He's still not eating or drinking much. If something happens to that poor dog while his owners are gone, I'll never forgive myself. Ack!! I can't handle all of this pressure!

Feeling bad for poor Miles!!  Hope it just takes a little more time.  Dusty hurt his paw somehow yesterday -- he was limping pretty badly when I got home.  He generally hates having his feet handled but he let me check out his pads and such -- nothing that I could see.  Since it wasn't swollen or bleeding, I told DH to wait it out and see how he was feeling this morning.  He was still limping, but not quite as badly.  He's a humongous athletic dog, so there's no telling what happened.

Biking and yoga both done this morning.  I wore pants, but should've gone with shorts again!  And now I'm all sleepy. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

TammyinGP

good morning!

Ran 3 last night after work. Was thinking today would be a longish mid week run since our weather is actually supposed to be pretty nice, but then remembered last night I have a board meeting tonight. So no running. just business that makes my brain hurt sometimes.

Have a good day all!

Tammy

One of these days, I'll have to see what happens if I go topless.

At least that's how I read it at first. 

Nice pics yesterday of Henry and Surly Bill.  I figure in another year we might actually get to see SB's full face.  He's a mysterious one.

Sorry some of you are still have carp weather.  It's stunning today.  Not sure what the rest of the week is supposed to be like, but at least The Hub's getting one good day for things to try and dry out.

So happy about 2Kitty's running!!

1 hr of core/ST/PT this a.m.  I'm being careful of what about which PT exercise I'm reintroducing and paying attention to any side effects.  So far so (semi) good.  I actually wore a dress today with nice shoes (no heels for this gal) instead of slacks and running shoes. We'll see . . .

Our accountant finished our taxes and I just about choked at the bill. $900, which is $300 more than last year, and except for the changes in the laws, nothing was different for us, so I don't know why it was so much more. I go in with all my records neat, tallied, scanned, and on a thumb drive. The Hub's gonna have a hissy fit.  It may be time to start shopping around for a new CPA.

Okay - Gotta hit the bricks.  Enjoy ~~ . . . . oh and . . . .

Image result for hump day

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LOL.  My favorite camel!  I have that as my phone lock screen because it makes me smile every time.  Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike

Singer who runs a smidge

The income tax withholding laws changed, so if you didn't alter your withholding, it's quite likely you will pay more in taxes, or get less of a refund.  Our refund went from about $2500 to about $300.  <shrug>

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.