Masters Running

Taco Tuesday 4/9/19 (Read 43 times)

SteveP

Coastwalker keeps it in doors.

RunnerKSA, I'm sorry to hear about the on going affect from your daughter being hit. Nice 3.5 miles. It's followed up with 2 more on the mill.

Joe618 tackles the taper as he gears up for Boston Mania.

JLynne's 6.42 sunrise miles are impressive. She uses weights and core as a sprinkle on top. (((((Miles))))).

Rochrunner cranked out 14.98 mile workout on a picture perfect spring day.

AnneB has a shorts and shirt EZ 4.

Dusty also lies.  He stands at the door and whines to go out, and then when DH gets off the couch to let him out, he circles around the coffee table and gets up on the couch.  It always makes me laugh!

Snork!!

Hopes Mom flexes into yoga.

Tramps has a nice 4 plus!!

Fatozzig, I hope you find a plan that helps you exercise with out irritating your bursitis.

Dnaff gives back to the community.

Dave59 wins/looses an argument and gets three miles. That hair cut sound luxurious.

Pfriese has 8.7 miles with a SeeMomGo sighting. My heart is all a flutter. 12.5 miles of running and critter viewing on Sunday.

HollyS has 40 minutes of weights. I hope the blue skedaddles.

BTY is getting his arm back in shape as he continues to make waves during his workout.

Tom White channeled his inner ditch digger. Nice 40 minutes on the x-bike.

Tetsujin209 trekked over the mountain and back for 2 miles. It seems the poor guy didn't have stairs to count.

Spacityrunner gets gritty with the group!! YES!!!!

TwoCat has an hour on the elliptical and a tour of a renovation project. I'd be interested.

Deez4boyz has 1 mile on the elliptical and 20 min of strength training.

Surly Bill has 7.5 miles. I hope you are not hanging onto an illness.

Falconfixer waited until after work for his 5 miles before class.

Mariposai has an hour at the gym and calls it a rest day. I'm getting Boston Fever too.

I had a pleasant 5 miles before work. Some drivers have no idea where they are heading and it makes their moves difficult to predict. As pedestrians, we may be right. Too often we're dead right. My 5 mile loop has a fair number of curves and I'm out when some people are on autopilot to work. I was way on the side of the road and someone was on the wrong side and got scary close. There were not any other pedestrians or vehicles. at 5;30 AM. I'll guess distracted driving.

I had a manhandle afternoon at work. I call it applied weightlifting. With cabinets, it's also puzzle creating. We had a truck with 10 orders show up at three. A window truck pulled in too. He had 53 windows. EZPZ. I had to tell the window driver to quit talking with me a few times while I was wrestling cabinets. I have to sort our numbers while lifting. Being social at the same time is more than my mind can handle. Long haul drivers can get friendly.

I got home before 7:00 so Tag, DW and I went out for to and a quarter. Tag was mad because he had to share his ice cream with me.

SteveP

coastwalker

Mornin everyone

Thanks for another great recap/start, Steve. Sorry you had such a tough afternoon at work, but it sounds like you got the job done. And you got to run and share ice cream with Tag!

KSA, I'm so sorry that your daughter is still dealing with the car hit last year. I hope she eventually fully recovers.

I never assume that a car sees me - that could be a bad wrong decision. I hate stopping for a car at an intersection, but I'd rather that than getting hit. I have no traffic lights on any of my workout routes, and I'm glad to not have to deal with that issue. And, at the hour I'm usually out, there are very few cars, and I can hear them long before I see them, so sometimes I'll get over to the other side of the road from them, just to get further out of harm's way.

Yeah - yard work is definitely cross-training.

Great photo from a surprise meet-up with Pfriese and Seemomgo!

BTY, you're an animal. Yes, it's tough to swim backstroke lane laps with other swimmers there. I also hope that you had the pool more to yourself last night.

What kind of ebike did your DW get, Rochrunner?

Joe, I looked at the weather forecast for Boston a couple of days ago, and went and ordered some rain pants. I was never so wet as I was standing out there for about 3-4 hours last year, and I don't want to be that soaked again. Hopefully the fact that I bought rain pants will keep the rain away for all of us.

I woke up tired this morning, and I have a 3 hr. workshop this morning. So I decided some extra sleep would help me make it through the workshop. This is 2 days off in a row, and I feel like a real slacker, and will be out there tomorrow morning, no matter what.

Have a greta Tuesday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Joe618

Yummmmm, Tacos!!   We had tacos for dinner last night and I could have them again today.

Great recap, Steve, thank you.     I thought of you yesterday when I was in a meeting.   We were reviewing a report prior to submitting it to a regulator and the author had used the abbreviation "CDL" in reference to the seemingly familiar acronym for yet another report.   Yet, our author did not define "CDL" in the report, so familiar it was to her.   Another guy and I, both with less academic backgrounds than the author, suggested she devine "CDL" before it confuses with the equally familiar (in other circles) acronym for a truck drivers license.   Not sure she got the joke but it brought a smile.

Steve and Jay both bring up road crossings and, with you both, I never assume anyone sees me nor do I care if I'm in the "right" or not.   I just want to get home whole.   I'm out in the dark all year round and simply run defensively.   Just this morning, had a car on the wrong side of the road who was waaaaay to close to me.   I saw him all the way and had an escape plan and not sure he was ever aware I was there, despite headlamp and luminescent yellow shirt.

Five nice miles this morning.   So, so, so nice to throw on a T shirt and shorts and head out the door.

Jay, I'm deeply appreciative of your purchase of the rain pants for next Monday.   Yes, let's plan for the worst and hope for the best!!

Rock your Monday Taco Tuesday, folks.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Mike E

MM #5615

Rock your Monday, folks.

NOOOO!!!!  I can’t take two Mondays in a row!!!!!

Thanks, Steve.  I bet a lot of those drivers look forward to the interaction with other people at the delivery stops!   But you have to concentrate....

I'm excited about Boston for those of you running, and HOPE the weather is decent.

I'm not sure my daughter realizes that she's cut way back due to the accident.  Part of it, too, is her urban apartment (16 months there now) isn't as good for running from the place as her old condo was.  Sometimes it's easy to just not do it if it's going to be a hassle.

Managed to get outside (even after a late basketball night) this morning for the first "from the house" morning run in ages.  It was light enough and 60 degrees, so no excuses.  It was nice to hear the sounds of spring.    3.5 miles done.    I'm giving a presentation today to an industry group of internal auditors (I've already made all the jokes about what a fun group that will be.....) Smile   

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Joe618

NOOOO!!!!  I can’t take two Mondays in a row!!!!!

Good catch, Mike...corrected, flavorfully.....

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Morning friends - figured I’d try and post early before the day gets crazy!! Thanks for the great recap Steve!!

Had a great run this morning from the hospital to the Boston finish line before work this morning!! I love this route but was extra extra cautious every time I crossed a street this morning - so scary out there!! My Garmin was wonky and never connected to a satellite - at one point it had me running over a 12 min mile then another a 5 min mile -neither of these is accurate!! I guestimated my time for the log knowing the time on my watch is not correct 

As I was running, a woman looking very serious was stopped at a cross walk so I smiled and said Good Morning - her whole face lit up as she smiled and replied back. That made me happy as I continued running, but on my return I came across her again. This time she spoke to me “My father betrayed me and told everyone I was God” so sad. Mental illness and homelessness are abundant on the streets of Boston - keeping her/them in my prayers today. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HENRY!!

denise

anneb

Morning folks. Another pretty perfect weather morning here! 48 and no wind  Unfortunately that might be it for nice weather for a bit! I ran 5 in the forest preserve, lots of deer and birds (including one really big hawk). The deer are relatively unphased by people on the path (well lets face it when they are out there aren't a lot of people around) so at one point there were 2 on my left and 1 on my right as I must have broken up a group crossing. Strangely, counted 3 cyclists, 4 walkers and only 1 other runner. Come on, people!!

Karen, I ran in urban neighborhoods for many years and it does take getting used to! Always having to use sidewalks, light crossings, traffic. And I don't like starting and stopping in general. It does help being an early morning runner because there is less going on, although I know that didn't make a difference with her getting hit by a car. It is much easier where I am now, although I too never assume that someone sees me.

Anne

Good taco eating Tuesday everyone. Thanks for the recap Steve. I can just imagine the look on AD's face while you ate HIS ice cream cone!

Jay, I always figure when sleep wins out my body is trying to tell me something. Tomorrow is another day.

Hopefully the gear you ran in today will be the same for Boston next week Joe

Internal auditors? I've got a picture in my mind.... Good luck KSA

That's so sad about the woman you met on the street this morning Deez.

Hey Mike - I don't suppose you were lucky enough to have tickets to that game last night?

I, too, stayed up way too late watching that game. What a spectacular finish! And I don't care if you're a Virginia fan or not, Tony Bennett is a class act. After losing to a 16 seed last year, they came back and won it all. There's always going to be complaints about the officiating, but I think the refs did a great job last night and really tried to get it right.

So, a late start for me this morning. A trip to the Y before work and did 45 minutes on the elliptical, 25 minutes on the "stairway to heaven" and 20 minutes of weights and core. The candy store had a drawing for one of their 25 pound solid chocolate rabbits and the winner is a 10 year-old boy. I hope I'm working when he comes in to claim it!

Have a great day everyone.

dnaff

Good morning everyone!   It's a ducky day here: 5 ducks at the park this morning.  And my park has no water so it was really unusual to see them waddling thru the grass.  Misha was completely entertained and is still sulking because I wouldn't let her chase them.

Enjoying one last beautiful day before winter returns for the rest of the week.  Club run tonight and we'll be ditching our winter gear in favor of shorts for the very first time.  Oh those white legs!!

TammyinGP

We had tacos last night because a Taco Monday sounded like a good idea also. 

Torrential - and I mean torrential! - rains for the last few days have been insane. We got about 10-11 inches of rain in our rain gauge over the course of 3 days. The rivers are so high and flooding out a lot of areas. Apparently, there was an unoccupied truck parked too close to the rivers edge on Sunday and it was floating down the Rogue River. 

So far rain seems to have lightened up today and if it stays that way, I'll get in  a run after work. Otherwise, tomorrow is supposed to be a dry day before the rains return and I'll get in then for sure. HM on Sunday will likely be a splashy mess since this weather isn't changing much for the next 10 days.

Tammy

Singer who runs a smidge

We don't have tacos often, but DH is planning to make chicken taco soup tonight, I think.  Hope he picked up an avocado!

We didn't watch the game last night either.  We are bad C-ville residents.  However, FB this morning clued me in to the win, so wahoo-wa!!  No fireworks from the neighbors, or if there were, we all slept through them.

Yoga and biking done this morning.  I wore shorts, and relied on my pasty white legs to make sure cars saw me!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

TammyinGP

Oh, speaking of the basketball win - I don't know how he does it, but my son won both women's and men's bracket in his dorm's contest. For each bracket he got a $25 GC to Amazon. They didn't have to buy in or anything - I guess the residential director approved their request for this 'non gambling' wager.

Tammy

Cripes, you all busy this morning!

Short and Sweet - About an hour of core/ST/abbreviated PT last night.  So far nothing has gotten worse.  Keeping fingers crossed.

Let's see if I can get these pictures added for BTY:

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, suit and outdoor

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, sky, cloud, child, outdoor and water

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Joe618

Great pix from BTY!! 

________