Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 9.14.17 (Read 34 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Wednesday’s workouts:
    Dave (3.2 miles of early, post-cat-puking park intervals)
    RunnerKSA (5.2 miles, including 3.1 outside morning miles + 2.1 post-work TM miles)
    Catwhoorg (6 lunchtime miles in sight cool down)

Holly (5.2 miles in nice mist)

Mike (11 miles, including 8 at tempo in H&H)

Evanflein (3.7 progressive pace miles)

Sparse workout crew yesterday. Who'll show up today?

Dave, so often we find greater satisfaction when we get out for a workout, rather than not. I’m glad you made a good decision to head for the park.

Same to you KSA - almost always more satisfying to get out there than not. Fortunately, our cat pukes (when she does) far enough away to not wake us up - or I sleep soundly enough that I just don't hear it.

Not pleasant dreams, HopesMom. I also sometime take a mid-day power nap. I can’t imagine sleeping with  a CPAP. I never have a problem getting to sleep - it is staying asleep all night that is the problem. Sometimes, when I wake up in the middle of the night, my head fills with thoughts, and it is tough to drain them out again.

Enjoy the cool weather, Cat.

Careful with that tongue, Holly, Congrats to DD on her 43. And it sounds like you and Evanflein have a great Steamtown meetup coming up. Yep - jealous.

Congrats on the eating breakthrough, Twocat! But I have to agree with Spacityrunner - doesn't sound like ice cream...

Mike, you know that not every run is going to be a great one, and that weather (especially H&H) does make a difference.

Good meetup record keeping, Evanflein! You and Holly go back a few years, don't you? And nice progressive run. I have a good feeling that there'll be no screwing up at Saturday's race.

Tasty dish for dinner last night: pasta with caramelized cabbage, browned Panko breadcrumbs in garlic and anchovy butter, and grated Pecorino romano.

72. progressive (but not nearly as fast as Evanflein) RW miles this morning at J o'clock in muggy 63° temps.

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...mornin' jay.........

got hobbled yesterday,

so took a Shooting Day

shot Enfield Training Rifle, Marlin 22 lever-action, and M1 Carbine

my buddy stopped counting his guns at 105

so

I conclude we still have 90 more to go thru

..................hitting the Pool later, and continuing the Commercial Walks, which actually seem to help......

..........Good Work-Outs to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, y'all!!  Today is my tech's birthday, so I whipped up some Rice Krispie treats last night for him.  He prefers my cheesecake, but seriously, I am not making cheesecake on a weeknight just for his birthday. 

Chorus rehearsal tonight, woo-hoo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Good morning!  3.1 outside miles.  Very damp and humid, but I DID see a red fox, so that was cool.  Big bushy tail.   2.1 treadmill miles after work.   5.2 for the day.

Yesterday I got a book in the mail from Amazon that was written by my daughter! That was cool.  She was approached to write it and got an advance and everything.  It's probably not going to make the best seller list, but it's pretty cool to have written a published book.  It is called Pro Choice and Christian. (She is a liberal Episcopal priest).  She is also very ready for Twin Cities Marathon.  Her training has gone well, despite a sucker punch in the gut in her personal life.  I'm proud of her.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

TammyinGP

very cool on your daughters book! I may have to check that out. sounds interesting to me since those are the leanings I have also.

And belated happy birthday to you also!

yay on more meetups! I bet Erika and Holly do have the record on most destination meetups.  I'm sure that even beats the number of meet ups Karl and I have had.

400 repeats with the XC team yesterday - I hang back with the slower kids to try and get them to keep with my pace of 9:30 - 10 mm pace.

Got in a total of 3.8 miles. Road run today! yay!

Tammy

Thanks, Tammy!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I'm lucky that there is a pretty good sized NE RA representation.  And we've got this little race in April that seems to attract a fair number of others that I've gotten to meet.   I think 2008 was my first major meetup, too.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

Belated happy birthday KSA. (And nice about your daughter.)

Speedier 24-mile bike ride this muggy morning.

BTW, I take back my dog-years comparison re: riding.  I think it's probably more like a 4:1 ratio.  Terrain, temperature, and effort matter, of course, but an easy 20-mile ride feels about the same as an easy 5-mile run to me.  That would make a century ride effort in the range of a marathon.  Do more experienced cyclists concur?

Be safe. Be kind.

spacityrunner

In the unusual for me category I did a 4 miles run at 9 a.m.   I found a hand wash your car place close the the trails here, so while I paid some guy to wash/vacuum my car I ran.  My car is now shiny, and I am tired.  It was a bit slower than I wanted, but 4 miles is 4 miles no matter the pace.  

I love love love running and RA meetups.  I have been to some wonderful places and met some of the most outstanding people on the planet.  When I retire I am setting my goal for some of those neat little races in Maine and New Hampshire and other east coast locations...be aware you RA'ers there...I'm coming for you!  

Trails Rock!

...........  I found a hand wash your car place close the the trails here, so while I paid some guy to wash/vacuum my car I ran.  My car is now shiny, and I am tired......

...that's what I call Thinking on Your Feet.........

sorry,

couldn't resist

===========

.........40-min PoolRun with letters

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

mrrun

spacity - please come - we've only met once and it's time for another

ska - belated happy birthday (I've been lurking)

tramps - i think a marathon is far harder then a century ride.  however, i've primarily done flat ones - the first was TFCE - the flattest century in the east) in rhode island

ran 2  hours this morning, the first hour was fine, the second slower - a healthy positive split, unfortunately

happy trails,

marj

stumpy77 funny I always think the PNW is where most of the RA crew is from. We do get a lot of people showing up for Boston, but that seems to be about it. Maybe I am just insufficiently social or not paying enough attention to who is going where.

evanflein and Holly S. you all will have a great time at your RA meetup! Fleet feet to you both at Steamtown. A friend of mine (a total running fanatic, like marathons every weekend, with many ultras tossed in for good measure) really, really loves that race!

spacityrunner well it was nice to have some solid food. Alas, not yet painless. But still better than what was. Now I wish I had a place like that. I have to make a special trip to get my car cleaned and so it is pretty dirty for long stretches.

coastwalker sounds really good. I might even be able to get the anchovies in a dish like that past my DW. She hates them, unless I hide them well enough, then she seems to be just fine with them. 

HopesMom what is a "tech?"

RunnerKSA a big congratulations on your DD's book! Writing one is not easy to do.

TammyinGP sounds like you are a very inspirational coach.

mrrun I feel your positive split pain!

I ran 10 today. My goal was to finally get in a run under 10 minute mile. I barely made it 9:54.  I know, I know, I have to give myself time to recover. There is one major detail though. If my recovery takes too long I am going to have to bail on this trip to Australia I have been really looking forward to for months now. (Recovery for going means being able to eat solid food and talk for hours on end. I cannot do either as yet.) If I make it to Australia, then I really want to run the Melbourne marathon on October 14.  It is what keeps me going through everything.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

wildchild

Carolyn

Twocat, I sure hope you can go on your Australia trip - what a bummer that would be to miss it!  That would definitely be a well earned reward for all you've been through.

Holly and Erika, have fun at Steamtown.  8 meetups?  Wow!

I think I'm the only RA master in Colorado now, but I've had quite a few meetups at races, which have all been great! I've met 4 people three times each:

Holly: Vermont, Flying Monkey, Moab

Mike E: Wyoming, Vermont, Light at the End of the Tunnel

Enke:  Avenue of the Giants, Light at the End of the Tunnel, Wild Rogue Relay

Paul:  Flying Monkey,  Light at the End of the Tunnel, Wild Rogue Relay

And I've met quite a few other folks once or twice:  Mariposai, Tammy, Liz, Erika, Tramps, Twocat, Marj & Henry, Leslie, Opie, Skip, Econo, DG, Karin, SloHand, Orange Mat, Mike R., mtnchk, Seemomgo, wannaberunner, and several others who don't post here anymore.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Being in Japan for the 2009 Rock'nRoll reunion didn't help but I've missed way more of everyone who's come through Seattle than I've ever met.  Maybe I shouldn't have promised all those barefoot runs.

Five more sunny miles this morning same as since early June even though evening temps down to the mid-fifties gave a token attempt to bring an end to the last three months of one of the best summers ever/  However, back up into the seventies for the rest of the day,  . . . and through most of another good weekend.  In the meantime, still sunny up in the foothills of Mt. Rainier where, though it was up to 76o on Monday, today's high up there is only 41o.

ps Erika - how's Equinox looking this year?

<<<(snow/snow)>>>

ps - since I can go to sleep almost anywhere/anytime I want and can immediately go back to sleep anyway when my breathing or more-and-more frequently, it seems, dreams and nightmares jolt me awake now and then, I'm with erika's DH about avoiding patches, etc.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 at lunch.

Upaid overtime (again! - yay me) stops me getting a ride in.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18