Masters Running

Saturday 12/1/18 (Read 39 times)

SteveP

Humblest apologies to the most honorable Twocat. I read your post and my lips moved and everything.

Coastwalker Jay gets 6.5 before packing has bags.

RunnerKSA stays dry for 3.1 in the AM. She gets another 1.7 in the PM after getting doggie bills.(What a heart) She makes plans on beating up little kids. I'm there in spirit. I believe the correct term for little kids is "wallet draining, toilet clogging eating machines." We gotta stay PC.

Tramps gets a 10K that doesn't end dry.

Tom White scores a greta day. He advises Tramps not to carry his burdens into the pool.

MikeE pops in carrying weight on his shoulders.

Jlynne get mills things over for 3, gets elliptical for 45 and works the core for 20.

Rochrunner gets his 8 training cycle miles in.

Two cat got on the TM on Wednesday and waps the thread starter on the nose with a rolled up cyber paper.

TammyinGP gets us up to date on the happenings in Tammyland and calls out to the beloved Evanflein.

Spacityrunner announces friendly competition. The rest of her day goes to the dogs.

Erika is shaken but not stirred. She's tapering and taking care of the knee. Cut then paste a quote. Cut the 2nd quote like normal,  but paste  inside the parameter box of the orignal.

Dave59 gets tougher in the hills out back. He rocks out back at the office.

Joe618 checks in.

TwoCat braved the TM on Wednesday. He gets 5 drive way laps and his PT suggest he pick up a couple of Hokas.

Mrrun gets a two two in after dropping the car off.

Fatozzig needs a hug.

Henrun is keeping active and off the hard stuff. Kudos.

Surly Bill has junk miles that would make me happy. 4.5 at a 7:57.

Wildchild had an 8 mile buddy run.

Mariposai has the crud. Beat it back with a stick.

Falconfixer has a quickie the changes the channel to the Soap Opera Network.

Tetsujin209 shifts is stance to power up the quads.

I got 4 on the TM before work.

I'm on video phone  while I'm in the Sister Mary Margret persona.

. A customer walks past the office and taps on the window to say "Hello".

Then he reads the top line of a note I have on the door.

He popped in to apologise.

The look on his face when I turned to talk with him was priceless. Just a normal day at work. It took a while but I negotiated another buy back program with a supplier. The acting GM and inventory person were pretty surprised. Initially, the vendor declined. I thanked the lady for her time and said "thankfully it's not a crate of rabid piranhas" and how it would make things difficult. Less than an hour latter, they're buying back dead inventory. Just a normal day at work.

SteveP

That's hilarious, Steve.  I think humor at work is SO important!  How else can we stand it?

Pouring rain out so no run yet for me.  I'll have to do the "donut dash" at the store opening before an actual run.

We have taken to adopting elderly rescued Goldens.  These 2 are our 1st and 3rd rescues.  We lost No. 2 after 6 months to just plain old geriatric failure.  We lost our 12/ 1/2 year old Golden who we had from puppyhood in 2015 and somehow felt called to take in the oldies.  They are just so sweet.  We've had Jerry Jeff Walker (JJ) since October 2015 (he was 12 at the time) and Duchess for 2 years now.  We don't know her exact birthday.     We have 4 cats-  3 purebred Ragdolls and one mean old Tortie female.  One of the Ragdolls is my son's college cat.  My theory is that college pets always wind up back home.  He did well with him for many years, but with his (my son's) two PA residences (center city Phila and a Poconos cottage)- dragging the cat back and forth and finding pet care when he traveled got to be too much.  So- here he is.  We've had him almost 2 years this stint.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

BTY

Good morning runners, and thanks for the summary Steve.

Today I swom again.  450 yards warmup alternating breast stroke, backstroke, crawl, in 9:03.  Rested, then

10 x 50 yard butterfly in :43 / 43 / 42 / 43 / 44 / 44 / 44 / 44 / 45 / 42.  Did full recoveries of about 2:17 to make each interval 3:00.

Finished with 450 yards again alternating breast stroke, backstroke, crawl, in 9:23.

1400 yards in about 51:00 or so.

Have a greta weekend, all.

...Holy Crappe BTY//..........I just splash around for 40-min and then get out.......

==============

..ok, not exactly ''splash around''

..........40-min PoolRun/shoes......

saw my buddy

the Old Navy UDT man,

he

just recovered

from Back Surgery

(and missed VERY few modified work-outs)

is now having Hip Problems,

so

I showed him some easy hip-stretches,

and hope it helps him.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Mikey . . . lives in Palmer, AK, about 40 miles from Anchorage,
            Mey son has lived in Alaska for many years and I never knew they had earthquakes there.

That's really odd but Palmer's probably too close

to Anchorage nowadays to be in the real Alaska

though it used to be.

You can almost see Alaska from Anchorage.

Erika - check with Leslie too re multiple postings.

Steve - Even though I would have liked to,

I've never worked in a place or with people

where you could do what you do.

I guess that's why I'm so serious herein too

even though I would like to let my hair done

once-in-a-while, . . . but I don't have enough

hair to let down anyway even if I wanted to.

I wish I could have worked with you.

Batman and the barefoot ninja!

What a combo.

Off for a power hike up to the Rattlesnake Ledges

in the new $15 Denali trail shoes from Big 5's

Black Friday.  At least, they have a good name.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Good morning folks. Steve? Well, that picture - wish I worked with you sometimes

Sorry about the rain this morning KSA. Dash for those donuts!

BTY - I have a friend at the Y who swims a lot. Talked to him this morning. He did a mile backstroke, a mile crawl, and a mile breaststroke, then finished with 40 minutes of pool running. Then he was in the weight room using those. You two have a lot in common!

Good morning Tom. Good morning Tet.

Wow Mike - lots going on in your world. And I bet you're thrilled that Ryan is moving back home!

An hour on the elliptical this morning, then a good 30 minutes of weights and core stuff.

We went to see "The Green Book" last night. It was a fantastic movie, and I highly recommend it. I'd like to read the book now. Off to work a full day at the candy store.

Carpe Diem people!

Joe618

Mornin' all...

Mike and others asked a question about which I've wondered too...how to do multiple quotes in a single post.   Tet and others seem to know...inquiring minds are interested.

Heavy rain here as well today...not sure what running I'll get today...may shift the long run to tomorrow.

Holly, so sorry about the decline of your dad...that's tough.

Mike, lots of goings on with your boys...hang in there.

Enjoy your weekends, everyone.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Tramps

The whole "real Alaska" chauvinism is quite funny. I guess that's what happens with such a big place. Even in tiny NH the "real" NH is up north where I'm from; Jay lives down in the suburbs of Massachusetts.

BTY--your workouts are impressive.

Mike--full day, eh?

Erika (and others)-- to quote from multiple posts, I just open a duplicate RA tab where I pull the quotes and paste into the original tab, where I'm writing.  There's probably more than one way to do it. The actual code can be seen by clicking < > at the top of the screen when you're writing.

Jlynne--there's been such interesting reaction to that movie, sharply varying by age and race. Older--especially white--viewers tend to love it; younger--especially black--viewers tend to hate it for an outdated and pollyannaish treatment of race (a fairly nuanced discussion here) and Don Shirley's real life family has criticized it as "full of lies." I haven't seen it, but I'm curious.

I did a 3-mile run this gray but comfortable morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

There goes Steve with "Just a normal day at work." again. How can you not laugh at his posts? Thanks Steve.

How'd you make out in the donut dash, KSA. Good for you for taking all the rescue critters. I'm sure they all appreciate your kindness and generosity.

Great pool work, BTY!

Good workouts, TomWhite, Tet, Jlynne, and Joe.

Tramps, I hate to have where we live referred to as a suburb of MA, even if that is what we are to some people. It's still New Hampshire!

DNiece did a great job last night in "The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime." Strange title for a dramatic play about a kid with autism. Especially for a high school production, the kids did a phenomenal job.

9.1 RW miles this morning on a local rail trail in NJ in 31° temps. There was still a bit 'o moisture on parts of the paved trail from yesterday's rains, and it was slick in places cause of the below-freezing temps, which made it a little tricky, but still got it done. Longest workout since early Oct.

Have a great Saturday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

Erika (and others)-- to quote from multiple posts, I just open a duplicate RA tab where I pull the quotes and paste into the original tab, where I'm writing.  There's probably more than one way to do it. The actual code can be seen by clicking < > at the top of the screen when you're writing.

Let me try this....

I would like to know how to do this, too.

I guess it works.....

I walked 3.51 late this morning. I went up the hill and did a few condo loops.  It was drizzly and overcast.  Garmin says it is only 370 feet up the hill, but it was enough that I walked into  a layer of heavy fog. I am looking forward to trying a bit of a run tomorrow when it is 65 and sunny.  I have a big software install to do first. It is big in the sense of the number of program and database changes, but it is our dental system so I am not stressed about it.  Dental is pretty simple compared to medical so it doesn't worry me.  Just a few million records to convert rather than billions.

Got out around 11:45 in between rains for 4 miles.  FINALLY outside again.  Last outside run was Sunday, which might be a record for me using the treadmill.  It's been a combination of things-  easier to do low HR on treadmill, a little fear of cars since my daughter got hit, weather, darkness, easier to just go downstairs.....     Anyway, it was nice to be outside even though it is a really gloomy day.  Middle Tennessee is like the midwest in that we get these cloudy days with low ceilings.  Dallas didn't have that as much. 

We have church supper group tonight, and not to be a bad Episcopalian, but if you had to put together the least desirable group of people in our (wonderful) church for us to be with in supper group, this years draw would be it.   One of my friends said "Does Ellen hate you?" (referring to the woman who sets up the groups)    So- I'm trying to keep a positive attitude, but it might be a long season as far as supper group goes. There will be alcohol, though, so there's that.

The store grand opening was terrific. The community really showed up- elected officials and all.  Everyone was thrilled to have the store there and it looked great.  I didn't have to knock anyone over to get to the donuts and they were fabulous.   This is also the weekend where we get a larger employee discount and one item at 40% off, so my husband and I did some shopping- mainly pet stuff.   I'm sure my daughter's favorite Christmas present this year will be the giant bag of cat food we got today.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

spacityrunner

Did an ugly sweater run today.  5K...took first in female 60-64.  About 215 people.  Lots of walkers....way to cherry pick for sure.  I'm a slow runner so I was pleased with my results...35ish min.  Yeah me!!  Oh it was hilly...

Trails Rock!

Quickadder

I would like to know how to do this, too.

I can manage to do the quote from a previous thread but it is not an elegant solution. I quote in the original thread and then cut and paste into a reply on the current thread. Can build multiple quotes in a similar fashion. Would welcome a simpler way.

I still haven’t figured out how to get photos to appear, though.

I have not been posting my runs here lately due to involvement in the 2018 in 2018 game playoffs (I am on same team as Tammy). As this week no longer matters, I will report that I ran 13.9 hot and humid miles a little after J o’clock this morning. The calendar says December but the thermometer said 75F at 6am.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

spacityrunner

You can post all your runs here. I promise not to look 

I have not been posting my runs here lately due to involvement in the 2018 in 2018 game playoffs (I am on same team as Tammy). As this week no longer matters, I will report that I ran 13.9 hot and humid miles a little after J o’clock this morning. The calendar says December but the thermometer said 75F at 6am.

Trails Rock!

evanflein

Tramps, the Alaska chauvinism against Anchorage is well deserved. The common approach to everything in this state, politics, allocation of resources, power grab, etc, is Anchorage vs. the rest of the state. It's really gotten bad in the last few years with the budget shortfalls and economic problems. The rest of the state can just go to hell as long as folks in Anchorage get what they want. It's really pretty bad.

BTY, what size is your pool? I remember joining my siblings for swim practice (my brother swam in college, and he and my sister were both on swim team in junior and high school), and I'd flounder around for awhile during the "warm up" and the coach would call everyone to one side to go over the day's workout, I'd be maybe a third of the way through the "warm up." He'd say "that's good enough, come on over" and I'd just be exhausted. Then the team would start doing the "work out," and I'd get out and go to the shower. I just wasn't into it at all, but never figured out how you could call something a warm up that took me so much time and effort. Good workout for you today!

KSA, I'm thinking a big bag or two of cat litter and some food would be a great gift for my son and his wife. They have two cats and as long as they're around, I'll probably never get grandkids.  (hey, that's ok, I'm not in any hurry, but still)

I'll try that quote thing later, no time now. Gotta go into work for a bit, getting ready for our trip next week. I'll try a run to see how things go, but figure it'll be a pretty light week to give the knees a break. Since I don't really feel it when I run, I'm hoping the race will go well enough. Just would like to be able to walk afterwards.