Masters Running

Fridaily, 5.4.18 (Read 32 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thursday’s workouts:
    Deeze (30 min of spin class + 1 hr of Body Pump + core work)
    RunnerKSA (3.1 early & dark SF miles)
    Tramps (20 bike miles with pollen)
    Spacityrunner (2.3 hot, sweaty morning miles on Cedar Creek trail)
    Tomwhite (40 min bike with hills + 40 min pool run with letters)
    Catwhoorg (5 lunchtime miles)
    Holly (post-work stretching + 1 TM mile)
    Twocat (1 hr on the elliptical)
    Tet (tough 1 mile, guiding Ironman mentor)
    Evanflein (4.6 post-conference miles)

Mike (4 miles)

Did your guests ever come back from their walk, Spacityrunner?

How’d it go with the sports doc, Tammy - wild abandon?

Fingers crossed for Holly’s DD’s straight A’s and bonus!

Congrats on the final week of classes, Twocat.

Good for you for hanging with your friend, Tet, yesterday and this weekend. Sister Madonna sounds pretty amazing.

Tough commute and training, Mariposai. Glad the knee is behaving.

Congrats on earning the Apple Watch, Evanflein - cool!

I went to spray our emerging hostas and day-lilies to keep the deer from gobbling them up, only to learn that I was too late. The’ve eaten every dang shoot right down to the ground. They had only been above ground for a few days, so I only hope that I got to them early enough they they will still grow to something viable. The deer eat more and more of our plants every year if I’m even a day late with treatments. This year, I’m going to try coyote urine pellets to see if they have any impact at all. Dang deer (rabbits too)…

4.5 EZ RW miles in 66° temps this morning + 2 mile walk to the breakfast dive.

Big grins and tailwinds to all of this weekend's racers!

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks, Jay.

3.7 dark miles this morning.  Just as I was mentally patting myself on the back for not bringing the headlamp on the run since I didn’t need it yesterday, I hit a really dark stretch down near Pier 39 and the footing was dicey for me.  I don’t see well in the dark, so I was moving really slowly and i turned around before I quite got to Fisherman’sWharf.    I’m giving a presentation this morning on the trial we went through in February and flying home all afternoon/evening.  We had a great Italian dinner last night with lots of wine.  N

Enjoy Friday,  y’all.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Jay--I have some real-life coyotes I can loan you.

One thing cycling has over running is that you're always guaranteed a nice breeze. No such luck today. Very warm with a touch of humidity for my 5 mile run.

Have a great weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mornin' All - The problem with waking up predawn every day is you wake up predawn even when you don't need to.   I'll be leaving soon to head north to meet up with The Tamster and Wildchild for the weekend.  Yay!  To say I'm excited about tomorrow's race is an understatement. 

Erika - Cool prize!

KSA - *Waving* at you from 6 hrs away.  Glad you're enjoying your time in SF.

Okay - I'm outta here.

Enjoy ~~

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

pfriese

Easy 9 mile run for me this morning.

Paul

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

No run for me today, just a short swim - 20 times across the pool (500 yards) and a light upper body and core workout.  I planned on a longer swim, but the lap lanes were all taken and the free area where I was swimming was soon taken over by a water aerobics class.

Good luck to the weekend racers!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

Took the day off work and ran 10.25 miles this morning. Longest run since the November half.

Now I'm at the Retina Center with my father-in-law so he can get an injection in his eye.    I have to put the details out of my mind or I'll pass out and won't be able to drive him home.

Tramps - Sorry about the Capitols. I really had a gut feeling they weren't going to lose.

wildchild

Carolyn

I'll be leaving soon to head north to meet up with The Tamster and Wildchild for the weekend.  Yay!  To say I'm excited about tomorrow's race is an understatement. 

Me too! I'm looking forward to seeing you soon!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Hi, Leslie!

Enjoy the race and meet up, all!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Quickadder

Warm (70F) and sticky (98% humidity) 6.5 miles at daybreak in new shoes (New Balance MX517).

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

I had no idea there was an RA meet up happening! Shows you just how long I have been away from RA.

fatozzig thank you for the link to those cushions with the holes in them to keep the hamstrings from getting compressed when sitting. I now have three of them. One for my home office, one for my work office and one for my car. They sure beat my homemade version.

No run or elliptical tor me today. Just some time in the gym. Tomorrow I am going to see how a short run goes. Wish me luck, I sure am going to need it.

In case it slipped your mind, join the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club for this year's Reach the Beach Relay on September 14 and 15! We need you!!! We are not looking for speed. Just a group to throw a 30 hour party with in a couple of vans. So join today! Just send me a message via the RA messaging system and I will get back to you. If you have my regular email or prefer sending a Facebook personal message that is fine too. I can guarantee you will have a great time. That or you are clearly in need of psychiatric help!  Remember the sooner you sign up the less you pay!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went 6 miles, today, after work.

I'm working on answering the questions for my little news article.  I just came to question #7: "How has marathoning affected your health -- all good, or some injuries?" I think this will be my answer: "Injuries? HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!"

Okay--gotta get back at it.  It's due in the morning.  See ya!

Mariposai

84F and gorgeous sun run for my butterfly wings!

5 quick miles (pace10:40) for Knee and I.

I am looking forward to this weekend where the Posie Clan will have the chance to hang out with the one and only Tetsujin at the Bloomsday race in Spokane, WA this Sunday.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I had no idea there was an RA meet up happening!

Twocat -

"You want to know about an RA meet-up?"

. . "I think I'm entitled to know."

"You want answers?"

. . "I want answers!"

"You want the truth?"

. . "I WANT THE TRUTH!"

"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

the Posie Clan will have the chance to hang out with the one and only Tetsujin at the Bloomsday race in Spokane, WA this Sunday.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

pfriese