Masters Running

Saturday, April 4th - it's the weekend run and what have you. (Read 449 times)

Just getting ready to head out the door for an early morning run in the thick fog, DW asked me not to get lost! I wanted to make sure to wish anyone out there racing today good luck and have a great start to your weekend everyone. Big grin
    Slo

Same here....with out the fog. I need to wake oldest DD up here in a litle bit. Once I'm assured she's out of bed then I'm hittin the road......Sun just coming up, A nice covering of frost.

Marathon Maniac #957

2.4 miles for me today in 34 degrees, including a 3-4 minute semi-sprint, to loosen things up and get some blood flowing. It wasn’t a big confidence-builder, though: my legs felt sluggish, my “semi-sprint” was only 8:14 pace, but felt like all-out effort, and I was fighting a side-stitch in the middle of the 2nd mile. Undecided Tetsujin wrote:
        ps holly - don't be nervous, . . . it's just a marathon.Smile
        Bless your heart, Tet, for helping me to keep it all in perspective…. Smile Erika, Wildchild, and others dealing with snow and winter still – my heart goes out to you. Here in southern Ohio we have the grass turning green and the forsythias and dogwood trees in bloom and it lifts my spirits to drive through the neighborhood and watch the daily progress of spring unfolding. I hope it arrives for you folks soon. The weather looks great for our Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt tonight, and tomorrow’s marathon temps look to range from 42-54 – perfect. No excuses there. Happy Saturday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Maine you are an excellent leader Wink Lost? Worry about those crazy drivers Roll eyes Holly good luck with those side stitches 5 easy miles around the neighborhood on this beautiful morning w/DW Now off to work the finishline at a local 5k Baseball games called for wet grounds, lots of rain yesterday Great Weekend Everyone !

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Hill Runner

Good morning gang. Still thinking about Tom & Donna this morning, so sad... Steve, I hope you're healing up. 8.03 miles of hills @ 8:34 (BQ) pace this morning with the last six well under. I felt energized by the spring weather today. Good running to everyone.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
            Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
            Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Renee the dog

Go Holly Go Holly Go Holly! Big grin

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mornin' 4.2 blustery, wind gusting overcast miles at 8 a.m.---no watch and easy pace. Core and stability work on tap next and then weekend chores and errands. Good luck to all those racing today including Skip (posts mostly on KR, but here too sometimes) who is running the Umstead 100 mile endurance race today and through tomorrow morning. Good Luck tomorrow Holly. Remember, BELIEVE!
                  Good morning everyone from sunny S. Fla. The plan today was for a 20 miler at 9:06 min/mile pace. I started out easy as the weather was not too great. Slowly eased into it trying to pretend it was race day, as that's how you have to run Marathons - let them come to you. Picked it up ever so slightly after mile 15 and ended up with the last 6 miles averaging right around 8:42 or so. 21 miles altogether at 9:01 pace. 4th of 6 20 miler in the books. These LRs are never easy but the HR stayed under control throughout even with the rising temps. Avg HR 147. Perfect. As I passed mile 20 I thought of Skip and realized I had only finished 20% of what he's attempting. Shocked DW asked me how far I ran. When I told her 21 miles she said: "Why would anyone run 21 miles? I hesitate to drive 21 miles sometimes". Big grin Good luck tomorrow Holly! Rest today if you can! Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Saturday - 8.11 miles - 1:06:09 - 8:10 - Avg HR 134 Max HR 160 - Foggy & 46° Holly - I'll echo Karin - You Gotta Believe! Wink
                      Holly, you're going to nail it! Bill - nice run -- glad that's over with, huh? I hardly ever (meaning never) run 21 when I have 20 on the plan Roll eyes I hadn't realized Skip's race is so soon. I can't even imagine... 4 mile tempo run for me today: 8.1 miles, 1:02:37, 7:42/mi, AHR 164 (84% MHR) 3@8:02(151), 4@7:14(171), 1.14@8:24(165) Hey, I ran faster than mainerunnah! How unuuusual! Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Slo

14.15 miles, 8:29 pace......nice and cool bright sunshiney day ! Did my long run today because were looking at rain all day tomorrow. Last night I did Tuna on the grill........WoW was that awesome ! I'm going to set out a couple of Ribeyes for tonight Tongue Holly.....Good Luck. I can't wait to hear the results! Don't worry about today. I'm always like that after a day off but the body finds it's groove and when it does it feels like your coasting. Betcha your glad you didn't take two days off! Wishing everyone a great weekend.
                        Tramps

Go Holly! Have fun tomorrow. Did a 9.3 mile tempo run—a.k.a. 15K local (certified) fun race—in 1:07:53 (7:17), officially . Nice day but a tough run. I’m not tuned up for this and I never felt in the groove. I ran by feel but went out too fast and just didn’t feel “on” at all. Still fun to see folks and get an easy PR since this is my first-ever 15K. Gotta work on the mower today (change oil, sharpen blades, etc) and do the first mowing of the season. That time of year again.

Be safe. Be kind.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Good morning and good racing to all out there....lots of MM in Yakima...too bad I couldn't go!! Ran almost 10 miles last night after work with my speedy running friend, I was having a hard time keeping up with her ...I always do....but it was great to be out in shorts after so many cold and rainy runs. Probably no time for running today ,have to work while the family is going to Olympia to meet William, the Corgi dog we hope to adopt!!! A great day to everybody, Francesca

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Go HOLLY Go! Smile I wish I had as nice a long run to report - but mine was more of a struggle. The cold wind was blowing like crazy. I knew it would be a struggle right from the get go but with winter storm forecast for tomorrow I just kept trudging along. 15 miles - 11:34 avg. pace Sad and 160 avg HR. Oh well - next time will be much better I am sure. No puppies yet .....

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

King of PhotoShop

Yes Holly, you do have to believe, but it also wouldn't hurt to stay off your feet today. Good luck. The Saint and I volunteered for water duty at our club run, which meant getting up early and filling the 5 gallon jugs with water and Gatorade and putting them and the cups out on the course. We have the duty tomorrow also. I ran 5 miles at 9:12 pace. Spareribs