Masters Running

Wed Aug 12 Runs and Workouts (Read 447 times)

Good morning!

Still waiting...

I had planned on 11 but just didn't have it in me this morning.

9.1 miles, 1:24:39, 9:17/mi, AHR 146 (75% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Got through 6 slow ones.  Then watered my patio flowers and got 8-10 mosquito bites. They are not usually so voracious in the morning.

Since I didn't get a chance to post yesterday...

8 miles that ended up being easy pace at almost tempo effort.  This heat and humidity is doing me in.

This is a stepback week for me, so I'm not worrying too much about either mileage or pace.  In terms of my training schedule and my daughter's patience, this would be a fine week for a baby to be born. Still waiting...

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Humid here too this morning.

Taking it easy to let the knee settle down again. 4 Mugggy Magical Healing Miles with Tory and Sadie in 39:16 (9:49 pace, AHR 143). Out too late to see meteor showers. Anybody see it?

tap, tap, tap,.... BeerGrandBaby... tap, tap, tap

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Ahhhh.....waiting for babies. You guys must jump 6 feet every time the phone rings! Good luck and keep us posted.

6 miles this morning at a 9:17 pace in great 61° temps with no humidity.  Came home and jumped rope for 5 minutes and did some crunchies.

My DH read in the local paper that someone had left a "domesticated 50 lb cat" much like a cheetah in his car with the windows down and it escaped - IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD! Needless to say, he was less than thrilled when I got up at 4:30 to run this morning. No cat sightings - just a lot of wabbits.

Enjoy your Wednesday, good people.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

You are so brave JLynne!   I'm happy that you only saw bunny wabbits!!

Doesn't that baby know that we are all waiting for his/her arrival????    Goodness sakes!

Our power came on last night - woohoo!!   I slept like a rock so no, I didn't run this morning.   I guess I won't be back out until next week as tonight's excercise will be playing pick up sticks in the yard, driveway and garden areas.

Thanks for all the well wishes yesterday and cyber-hugs!   I'm sure things will go smoothly and I'll check in when I can.

SteveP - your post last night cracked me up!    Brinkley does love to help with the dishes .....

Happy Hump Day!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tramps

Add this to the list of "you know you're a real runner when..."

--you accommodate the birth of your first grandkid by working in a cutback week.   Now if only that kid would cooperate.

13 big ones today @ 8:49, though I took a walk break up my usual big hill that I can't seem to climb anymore.  Half mile cool down walk, which I needed.

My little Ipod shuffle's been acting up.  It plays fine but then records the wrong songs as having been played, which totally messes up my playlists.  At first I thought I must really be spacing out on my runs because I didn't remember half of these songs.  Then after a couple of days I figured out what was going on.  Not sure there's anything I can do about it.

Be safe. Be kind.

Slo

Great Starts !

An easy 6 mile recovery run for me. 8:40 pace.....probably should have been slower but it felt pretty darn comfortable.

Jlynne......5 minutes of jumping rope.....that's an excellent workout! Great for strengthing the calves and front of the shins. I jump rope in the winter time when I dedicate more time to strength training.

Happy Running !

Slo

Tramps

You may want to check this out.

Ipod Shuffle Thread

Tramps

Tramps

You may want to check this out.

Ipod Shuffle Thread

Geez, no, nothing like that.  I've had it about a year and it's done well through rain and sweat and being dropped numerous times.  So I'm not complaining.

Be safe. Be kind.

Morning friends,

4 laps around the Whiting Reservoir with Iron J at 7 am---12.7 miles total in 1:44:53---sweaty and many bug swarms, but lovely to run on trails with a friend. It was a nice change of scenery.  

Glad your power is back Mary! Many wabbits here---in fact too many living under our porch. Cute and also destructive critters. If Boogie the beagle were still with us he would be having a bark festival on a daily basis. 

Hang in there waiting Grandparents! 

wildchild

Carolyn

DD and I lay out on the deck last night at about 9:30 and saw a couple of meteors.  I'd read that the best time would be between midnight and 5 am, so when I got up to pee at about 3 am, I looked outside, but the moon had risen and it was too bright.

Easy 3 miles last night with the dogs.  Then house cleaning (cross training?) for our Japanese visitors who arrive today.

Hopeful, glad you survived the storm and your power is back on!  We're on well water here, so when we lose power, we also lose water.  So Steve's suggestion of the dogs doing dishes would work well.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

wildchild yech! 

I have been patting myself on the back for arranging an event that will doubt break up my marriage.  My DW has been her usual uncooperative self about what she wants for her birthday.  So as punishment I am throwing her a surprise party this Sunday!    Yes, a party was one option she totally ruled out.  He he.  Looks like I will have a good turnout too.  Now I just have to figure out how to set the whole place up with decorations and food in the hour and a half window I will have.  I think I might have to live with the fact that this will be catered.  Sigh.  But I cannot get anything ready the day before.  The day of, making even simple things for 20+ people in 90 minutes or less will be nearly impossible.  Oh well.  BTW I have a great way to stall her!  (editor:  Boy you are proud of yourself.  Twocat:  Yep!  editor:  Good luck paying for that divorce attorney with what we pay around here!   Twocat:  )  Here is the plan.  Her sister and BIL will come out with some of their seven dogs (not all I hope!) and then "breakdown" in the neighboring town. I, of course, will be unreachable.    They will then need DW to come out and help rescue the poor dogs as it is too hot for them to wait for the tow truck.  Should work like a charm!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Hopeful, glad you survived the storm and your power is back on!  We're on well water here, so when we lose power, we also lose water.  So Steve's suggestion of the dogs doing dishes would work well.

Yep, we have well water too.   The joys of country living without power eh??

Twocat - I too am planning a surprise party for MrHopeful next week!   I opted for a weeknight at a restaurant, one week prior to the big day.   Of course, everyone that I invited is going to show up too .....  I am 100% sure that he doesn't have a clue!     Good luck to you and your pending divorce proceedings .....  Wink

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

PDR – I got those mosquito bites last night when I spent a few minutes gathering tomatoes.      (...we’re waiting with you, you know...)

Twocat – good luck, and let us know how it goes (assuming you survive to tell the tale).....

Still trying to catch up at work.  A few minutes after I got up today I felt that squiggly vision that indicates a migraine coming on.  Anyone else get them in the mornings?  Excedrin Migraine is keeping it manageable, but it is putting a dampener on my morning.  Should be gone by lunch, though.

4.5 recovery-paced miles for me today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Nice long runs for evan, Tramps, and CNY.

This morning it was about 60° with a light breeze and humidity.  I got in 9 miles in about 1:25:30 for a 9:30 pace.  I was just planning on poking along and did better than usual.  Go figure.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS