Masters Running

Saturday, September 6tj runs and what have you (Read 431 times)

Saturday - 8.02 miles - 1:09:14 (8:38) - Avg HR 123 / Max HR 136 - 67 and rainy. I was hoping to get this one in before the rain came so that I could get home and get the lawn mowed...NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Angry About a mile into the run it started pouring, and the heavier stuff is due this afternoon into tonight and early tomorrow morning...oh well. Nice runs all. Smile ETA - hey Amos - the Sox are only 2.5 back now (3 in the loss column) and coming on strong at the right time! GO SOX!! Big grin Who is it that said they wouldn't catch the Rays...hmmmm some old guy I think. Wink

Hill Runner

Good morning Mainerunnah, My usual run today 10.16 miles of hills @ 9:15 pace...boring. Hanna brought some very warm, humid air here this morning...75F and felt like I was running through soup! Good runs to all today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
      Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
      Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

DickyG

The Federal Highway Trust fund will run out of money this month, requiring delays in payments for states for transportation construction projects. Officials say that the high cost of fuel has depleted the fund. This means high fuel prices will delay badly needed roads which means that motorists will drive less and use less gas, which will mean less gas taxes collected for the road fund which will mean less revenue which will mean less expenditures on new roads and repairs which will mean.... Twocat:
        Anyway, my goal was 6x600 meters at a 6:24 pace. Ended up, in order, with 6 at 6:22, 6:21, 6:22, 6:20, 6:44, and last and clearly least 6:47. Looked good for the first 4 at least!
        Yeah, well I think your times for all six intervals were outstanding. If your weather is overcast or just a light drizzle, you'll kill 'em. TomS:
        I didn't feel like going out and, when I did, my legs felt sort of dead. I managed to trudge through 8 miles in a little over 1:21 for a 10:08 pace.
        Nice going, Tom...you've put in a lot of miles lately. Carolyn:
        I'm ready to PR at my 10K on Sunday!
        Yep...judging by your workouts last couple weeks, you're definately ready. Maine: Proud of you for gutting it out this morning. Peter: How did you manage to avoid the rain? Like probably everywhere else on the eastern seaboard, it's pouring out there this morning...obviously our double-header is postponed (or maybe cancelled...who knows). I had not planned on running today anyway since I ran every day Mon-Fri. Cup race in Richmond has already been moved from tonight until tomorrow afternoon...it's not sold out so a bunch of us might get up early tomorrow and drive up there...or maybe not. Being the great guy he is, Maine is coming down here to cut my grass... DickyG
          5 easy miles w/DW in 49:30. Smile 12 very hilly miles scheduled tomorrow. Foggy 69F humidity very high, then it started to rain lightly (feel good rain). Actually it seemed like the air got dryer when it started to rain. It was one of those fogs that required your windshield wipers to be on. DW & I were supposed to be on a 10K medley relay this morning but one of the team members dropped out on Thursday, she decided she's not ready. It was part of the YMCA's Community Cup which is like corporate olympics. 600 city employees (spouses also eligible) & we couldn't find 3 women to run one mile, yes 1 mile. Embarrassed All you Sox fans are getting me psyched for the Indians game at Fenway on 22nd, hoping Cliff Lee will be pitching. Cool Enjoy your weekend...

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

DickyG-If you do drive up to Richmond tomorrow...give Dale Jr. a kick in the pants...no more tapering,just win baby!!!
            Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
              Not pouring yet here in Western, MA----off to the north and the south, but we are locked into a drizzly, humid haze. Canada J and Dr. J did an 8 mile loop run to my house and then I joined them for the last portion of their 20 miler. I didn't get in last night until 12:45 AM (okay this morning)---sprinted in heels and just made it onto my flight----and I'll do the 20 miler tomorrow. Anyway, 12.6 relaxed and talkative miles for me in the pre-Hanna humidity and drizzle. The heavier stuff isn't supposed to hit my area until the afternoon. It was a good run with good friends and the perfect way to start the weekend. Sarge, I know plenty of women who would have gladly run the mile. Call me next time! Good luck and fleet feet to all the racers! Go away Ike! Go away Ike! Karin

King of PhotoShop

Maine, the Sox will definitely catch the Rays if they get to play the rest of their games against the Rangers! Dallas Running Club Breakfast Bash 5-miler this morning, one of my club's top races. Arrived at 6:30 on a beautiful cool day to give myself plenty of time to get ready. Walked into the club and saw many old friends who wished me well or asked how I was doing. Two years ago I finished 2nd in my AG at this race and was hoping for a better effort today. One hour before the gun I got myself into a good position at the pre-registered table and from then until the start I processed several preregistered runners, handing out safety pins, describing the course, giving directions to the start etc. I easily outperformed the other 3 people at the pre-registered table, irrespective of AG or sex, so I was pretty happy with this win. After the gun, I went out on the course and walked two miles, giving me 28.4 for the week. Very happy with my progress. Spareribs
                  Sounds like you paced yourself well. Fine job Ribs, but where's the fashion report? CNYrunner
                    No time to read -- too much going on today. Just finished a local 5K, I dunno maybe 200 or 300 runners. It took forever (in the rain) to get the results, and they didn't give the times, but I timed it at about 21:20 and I got 2nd in my AG. I'll let PDR talk about her results. Gotta go. Have a great day. Stay dry!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Maine, the Sox will definitely catch the Rays if they get to play the rest of their games against the Rangers!
                      Ribs, not only will the Sox catch the Rays but they will surpass them! Oh and congrats on that nice win. Wink DickyG - I got a little lucky and the rain let up so I went out and got everything mowed before the heavy rain. It looks like we've got a window of at least a few more hours before that heavy stuff gets here. Sarge - are you going to be at that Indians/Sox game on the 22nd?
                        Maine Yes I will be at Fenway on the 22nd w/ a brother & his two sons...

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

5 miles on the treadmill at 8:15 mile pace. No rain in the gym. This gives me 20 for the week which is a lot for me. Ribs, when you finish War and Peace, pick up Oblomov by Goncharov, a cynical novelistic view of Russia later in the 19th century. Dark Horse
                          I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                            Tropical Storm Hanna 5k race this morning. Brought home 1st place in my AG, and a tech shirt that I won in the drawing. The odds on the drawing were pretty good, as most folks had more sense than we did, and headed straight for their warm, dry cars after the race. My time of 25:58 (unofficial) was better than my last two 5ks, but not a PR. Still, I think the pace was about right, since I was running hard and steady, but still had some kick at the end. After one of these shorter races, I always think I want to get back out there and try again. Somehow the feeling fades, however, in light of other training objectives and time constraints. Maybe we'll do another 5k in November after recovering from Portland. My friend, Sharon, did the one mile fun run/walk in 29 minutes. (Down from 35 minutes in our training walk last Saturday). She is doing great, and was not about to let a little rain get in the way of this milestone for her.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

I Can Go The Distance

LR/Wave for me today. 13 miles in 2:06:09 a 9:43 pace. 2 miles @ MP, goal pace is 8:40: 8:33 and 8:37 3 miles @ HMP, goal pace 8:10: 8:07, 8:07, 8:10 IRC this morning; 67F, foggy and low humidity. Except for the crazy driver coming out of the gas station, who tried to run me over on the last HMP mile, it was a great run. Go Sox and Dale Jr. Have a great day all. Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

6 miles even for me this morning, followed by a 1/2 hour w/ weights, then a mile swim. Now to mow the yard and then go work at the county fair. Happy weekend to all!