Masters Running

Friday - 1/26/2018 (Read 36 times)

Dave59

We don't want the West Coast starting the daily again!

5 miles for me this morning. 23° but no wind. Supposed to hit 60° today.

5.5 miles in sunny but windy SW Florida.  I think I was a little dehydrated from my travel day yesterday and didn’t feel great out there but it was beautiful with clear skies.  60 degrees.  Can’t wait to get to the beach.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

We don't want the West Coast starting the daily again!

Well I never!!! 

SteveP - Yay! on the back feeling good.

Surly - We had a friend (he passed away a few years ago) who had a significant nerve issue that put him in a wheelchair for a couple of years and then he "clawed" his way back out.  Once he was on his feet again, he did tai chi a couple of times a week and said it was pretty the only thing that was enabling him to walk at that point, otherwise, his balance would have been too bad to walk.  He always joked that if he was attacked, he could defend himself - - in slow motion. 

Tet - You talking about that class reminded me of my dad a few years back.  I was trying to get him to go to our local senior center to meet people and get involved.  His comment, "I don't want to hang around with a bunch of old people!"  Me: "Dad, you ARE one of those old people."  When he worked at the hospital, he was around much younger people all the time, which helped him a lot.  I still get a kick out of that, though, whenever I think of it.

I got in a 30 min/2 mile power walk yesterday evening in a steady downpour.  It was fun!  I'll admit that I waited until the rain/hail deluge passed.  The foot did okay 'til about halfway through, then I could feel it start to get angry.  By the time I got home and showered, my toes were beat red and on fire.    They settled down after a couple of hours, but obviously things are still a bit touchy.

I'm gonna try and talk The Hub into going to the movies this weekend to see "The Shape of Water."  It's getting rave reviews.

Have a great weekend ~~

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

I am feeling almost back to normal - yay!

I have been skipping out on my swimming at the YMCA lately because it has been so cold that I could hardly bear the thought of getting wet and then going outside with wet hair to a cold car, etc.  Plus, I was not confident they would be able to keep the pool or pool room warm enough.  However, we seem to be back to seasonal temps, so I plan to get back on track next week, and also to try to go to an evening class or two.

4.2 miles for me on the TM this morning, followed by about 35 minutes of weights.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...oh, Good...........Holly's Almost Normal again........

and

I get to get back in the Pool next week................ohboyohboy

==========

...50-min x-bike....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I got in a 30 min/2 mile power walk yesterday evening in a steady downpour.  It was fun!

Your weather posts keep makin' me jealous.  For the second day in a row, it was merely what one of our local radio stations, and some herein <<<(jlynne?)>>> would call mizzling \\\\\, certainly not interesting or exciting enough to go outside and do anything in without something to do like mailing a letter, going to a building, etc. so I tried out the Friday morning Aquafit.  Same instructor as for Saturday but with a reputed tougher regime. Yep, it sure was.  Since I had to leave early for a morning appointment, I was going to joke and tell the instructor who I’ll see tomorrow that I was bailing out because I was too tired to make it through the last 15 minutes but, as it turned out, it was pretty much true.  My legs do fine with all the jumping jacks, wall kicks-and-pushes, water jogging and water punches (after all, I studied black belt karate in Japan) but the shoulder cries, “uncle” at all the arm swings and stretches that Mr. Right Shoulder doesn’t like. Whew.
              ps - it’s one of the famed family stories but, when my uncle got back from the war in the forties, after the local dentist said that, “because of the novocaine, this won’t hurt a bit.” but, as my uncle always liked tell us, when it did hurt, he said to the dentist,  “because of my fist, this won’t hurt a bit.”    h

pps - before ziggy ever tries any of those nether-land moves on me, someone should tell her I studied black belt karate in Japan.  Just don’t ask my sister what good it did me.

I got in a 30 min/2 mile power walk yesterday evening in a steady downpour.  It was fun!  

ppps - to be on the safe side, better add that your "power walk yesterday evening in a steady downpour" was so much fun because it involved going to a building" not just going out getting miserable for running's sake.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

No running to talk about today for me.  few others seem to, either.

But I will be bacheloring this weekend as DW and several other dance moms and daughters will be heading to NYC for the weekend to see "Waitress" with Sara Barielles and Jason Mraz.  Hope to sneak in a couple of somewhat longer runs.  along with taking down Christmas lights and hoping to keep the house relatively picked up and the cat fed.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

along with taking down Christmas lights and hoping to keep the house relatively picked up and the cat fed.

Or you could re-arrange some Christmas things and tell your wife you had so much motivation that you got the house decorated early for Christmas 2018. Think of all the free time you'll have in December!

Tammy

...tet//..........Black Belt in Japan>>>>>>Very Impressive......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Or you could re-arrange some Christmas things and tell your wife you had so much motivation that you got the house decorated early for Christmas 2018. Think of all the free time you'll have in December!

C'mon, Tammy.  You're a wife.  Would you fall for that?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

...tet//..........Black Belt in Japan>>>>>>Very Impressive......

whoops, darn it, tom, you're just too astute.

That's probably what I tell my kids and grandson.

However, I did study black belt karate in Japan

but, other than running around barefoot, I only got

a white belt consolation prize to show for it

. . . . to say nothing about a broken nose.

<<<(sneakingaway)>>>

ps - doesn't stop me from acting like I think I got one, though.

All that running up 1,000 stairs to the temple, barefoot in the snow, etc's gotta be worth something, . . .I think.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

bioguy

Hi

Easy 7.5 today after work. Wednesday was a scheduled rest day and Thursday I was itching to run a 5 mile tempo run; Alas, I was waiting for a plumber who said he'd come by when I was finished teaching. After waiting a couple hours he called and said he would not make it. Thus, an unscheduled rest day.

Anyway, not a bad day at work and looking forward to running this weekend.

Tailwinds!

whoops, darn it, tom, you're just too astute.

That's probably what I tell my kids and grandson.

However, I did study black belt karate in Japan

but, other than running around barefoot, I only got

a white belt consolation prize to show for it

. . . . to say nothing about a broken nose.

Stumpy - Hope your DW and friends have fun.  Sarah Bareilles is from here in Eureka and has definitely come a long way from Humboldt County.

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I’m impressed, Tet.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

wildchild

Carolyn

Stumpy, enjoy your freedom this weekend! Hope the weather cooperates so you can run all you want!

I climbed both yesterday and today, and with that plus the hikes with full packs to and from the crags, I didn't have any motivation to run when we for back to camp. Climbing has been fun, though!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.