Masters Running

Thoisday, 2.11.16 Up & At 'Em! (Read 35 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Jlynne, I can't understand why the shoe store didn't take responsibility for your shoe that went missing in their store. They should be embarrassed about letting you walk out with a bag on one foot. You need Steve P. there to teach them the principles of good customer service.  DH timed his CT surgery about right, with missing the snow shoveling season, but being (hopefully) recovered in time for golf.

I hope you knee stays pain-free, Henrun.

You're rubbing it in with Shorty while you are taking care of him, aren't you, Leslie (mashed taters vs. a burger)? I hope you have a safe trip to Portland today.

I'm glad your back is improving, Holly. Take it easy on the TM, and don't slouch!

Tet, they ought to make politicians take an oath to tell the truth. Of course, then many of them would have nothing to say... Nice work on the cycling commute, and thanks for the perspectives on the Portland Marathon.

Have a good trip home, TW.

I'm glad you're staying mobile, and not lifting, Tselbes. You and Shorty should get together and commiserate about all the things you both can't do for a while. But you probably don't want your wives to get together to talk about you two. 

I'm sorry your DD lost at her hearing, Starr. Be patient, and you'll get your empty nest back, but make the best of her company for as long as she stays.

I'm so glad you are seeing some progress/healing, Deeze. Keep up the good work.

Nice run with the fuzzy buddies in the mush, WC. Great birthday photo for John.

Enjoy Truck Day (?), Aamos. I can't believe (well, knowing you, I can) that you have a 5K and another marathon this coming weekend!

It is so nice to have you back, LaT. I'm sure you had a bitter sweet birthday celebration for John yesterday.

Good for you for taking a recovery day off, Evanflein.

That is a packed schedule, Mariposai! Good for you for making time for sanity runs.

Steve, don't you love it when someone says that the work you are doing is too much for one person, and then they tell you to keep on doing it? I can just see you training everyone on phone etiquette - makes me laugh!

Thanks for your comments about my work in our community, but I'm just trying to accomplish half of what Maraposai gets done. We all serve our neighbors and our communities in many different ways. I'm lucky enough to be semi-retired, and so have more time to do it. I get all the challenges and stimulation I would get if it were a job without the annoyance of having to deal with a paycheck...

6 1/4 RW miles this morning in 23F temps and under overcast skies. I took my time getting up to speed, but then had a good time out there.

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Slo

Empty Nest...I can say I am looking forward to it.

Next spring we send our youngest of to college. I guess that will make us part time empty nesters. Kinda like a trial period.

Our DS lives 5 hours away in Columbia MO. We are heading down and spending  the 1st weekend of March with him.

(Yay! I get to run the M K T Trail)

I'm looking forward to being the same type of guest he is when he comes home...

7 miles, 4 degrees. I had to turn around and layer up. I'm ready for some warmer weather.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

27F

winds 9mph

8 miles of hills and such

1 hour 17 minutes (a walk break or two)

Bill, Bob, Ralph, Carol and I ran the Country Road. This is a single lane road which used to take folks from Carters Grove to Williamsburg. It is a private road and nobody has maintained it and there are gates with signs... we ignore those. Anyway, it is beautiful and today I noticed how nice it was to run on the pine needles covering the road unmolested.

Nice to see La Tortuga post again. Welcome back. Thank you for reminding me of John's birthday. I still get a little misty when I remember him. But mostly because I remember you two. But anyway! I look forward to reading your run back to running reports soon.

SteveP, I enjoyed reading about your phone attire and personalities. I would have loved to be in on those calls.

JLynne!  Wow. What's the word on your AWOL shoe? Sorry for your loss but, thanks for the story.

Same for Enke. Sorry for the loss of your crock pot but, that was also pretty hilarious. Now. Not at the time.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TRUCK DAY IS!

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

For all the non-Red Sox fans in the crowd (notable exceptions being Amy, Marj, and Henry), it's when the equipment truck leaves Fenway for spring training at Ft Meyers.  Considered a major indicator of spring in New England.

So much for the cultural update.

1.5 miles on the hotel TM in Asheville, NC yesterday.  Very minor effort at intervals (a whole 2 x 1/4 at 5K)  whoopdeedo.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Henrun

Knee continues to slightly improve. We're in Sarasota now and found the only hill here at an Audoban center. Did a short run and Marj went out for another short run after we returned from veggie shopping.

Exploring Sarasota this pm -we'll be here for anther week and then a week

in St. Pete before we return home.

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm looking forward to being the same type of guest he is when he comes home...

I am not speaking to DH (yet again)....and of course this weekend is Valentine's Day.  Rather than all those sappy love-struck cards, I need one that says something like, "Well, I'm STILL HERE, aren't I?'

My back is slowly improving, so I have hopes of running a mid-length LR this weekend, if not the 20-miler that is on the schedule.  However, with the single digit temps and winds in the forecast, I may stay on the TM, which may mean I run out of oomph sooner than I would outside.  We shall see.

4 easy-paced miles for me on the TM this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

I am not speaking to DH (yet again)....and of course this weekend is Valentine's Day.  Rather than all those sappy love-struck cards, I need one that says something like, "Well, I'm STILL HERE, aren't I?'

Holly, you should tell your DH, "If you never go away, how can I miss you?"    My DH has been away for 2 weeks so far, with another week or so to go, on a climbing trip.  So Valentine's Day will be very peaceful and quiet here this year.  And I actually do miss him, but it's nice to have some "me" time, too.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

...and of course this weekend is Valentine's Day. 

Valentine's Day is THIS weekend?!  Uh oh...

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

On the clueless front, I just realized I booked a flight to NJ for Monday morning and we have President's day off.   And it will cost $200 to change (more than the cost of the ticket)

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Thanks to Steve P for cracking me up with his Asian school girl impersonation, on speakerphone no less!

Jlynne's shoe story was funny too, but I was annoyed the store didn't at least give you some loaner shoes?

Nice to see you here, LaT.  I really enjoyed meeting you last September and hope we meet again someday.

I did sort of run this morning - maybe 1.5 miles with Remi, then I dropped him back off at home and went out again for about a mile.  So 2.5 miles.  I know, not great, but it's a start.  Then I bike/bus/bike (BBB) commuted to work.  It only shaves off about 10 minutes of my commute time coming in, but about 30-45 minutes going home.

Arranged x-country ski rental last night (I found my old skis but not my boots from like 20 years ago), for a visit to Posie-land this weekend with Mr. Blue Eyes.  Embarrasingly, the rental guy had to ask me my weight, which right now is exactly the same as Mr. Blue Eyes, actually, maybe even one pound more!  I checked BMI charts, and he is considered underweight by 2 pounds.  He has a thin frame though, so maybe it's ok?  Of course, I could stand to lose 10-15 pounds!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

They ought to make politicians take an oath to tell the truth. Of course, then many of them would have nothing to say...

too perfecto.

Maybe I'll write-in you and some others herein for this year's voting..

Five jalking miles in my current version of run-jog-walking

in the hopes of being closer to thirty minutes or, actually

probably 35, in this weekend’s Valentine 5K

instead of last week’s 40-minute

Lunar New Year of the Monkey 5k.

we’ll see.
                        Welcome back to running La-kame-san.

especially commemorating your John's birthday.
                        It will never be the same but, at least, running helps a little.

Running or not, maybe join us at the Portland Marathon in October

as something new and different to look forward to.

We sure would if you could.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tet - thank you for my name and the invitation - Portland Marathon in October sounds like a good idea. Can I refer to myself as La-kame-san?

Enke - it was really nice meeting in person - we will repeat. I for one am impressed with your run

Stumpy - I could definitely see making a flight error like yours - better buy a good book???

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

LaT, thinking of you.  I'm glad to hear there is some progress for deez and Holly.

This morning, I walked 3 miles on the TM at a 13.56 pace.  This afternoon, I did another mile in 13:46.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Sayhey! MM#130

This group is better than the Marx Brothers.  I have nothing to add, and I'm not going to go do a slapstick fall or cook my shoe for supper ala Chaplin.  .

Really lovely running weather we're having.  I'm not even bothering to look at the Sunday forecast for Ft. Lauderdale as it is bound to be some form of challenging.  I'll wait until I have to pack.

Got up to 6 this am.  It's so pretty that I'll go to Speesters tonight, but I'll just plod along at my own pace.  Only want to see the buddies and be outside again.

Gravitational waves!  So exciting!!!   er, right?  Batman and Rocket Scientist, help be out here.  Ripples of gravity waves.  Sounds as if it would do interesting things to you if you ran through them.

Happy Upcoming, on the horizon, coming at you, WEEKEND!@!!!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I have just enough time to say I did 10 miles, tonight.  It's crazy around here.

Okay--that's it--gotta go--see ya!