Masters Running

Fri Dec 12 Runs and Chat (Read 759 times)

Can a newbie here start? Short, slow recovery run was on the plan today. However, the pace was faster than I expected for the target heartrate, not sure why. I followed up with half hour of strength training and stretching. Workout: 2.1M, 8:47/mi, AHR 136 (target 140) Overall: 3.1M, 28:07 Good runs, all.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Now this is starting to look like old times! Thanks for starting it off today WRFB. I don't normally post on the daily until after I have a run in, but this feels so good I counldn't resist.
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

GreenMan

No run today, I'll do some XT Thanks for the start Lou jjj
        Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
        Tramps

Good to see My buddy Lou over here. Easy 7.5 miles. Overcast so quite dark this morning. This interface is a joy to use.

Be safe. Be kind.

More shoveling this morning, Just the Way I Like It. Smile Hoping to do a more traditional workout later. Although, when you think about it, what could be more traditional than shoveling snow in New England at Christmas time? Dark Horse
            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
              Nice runs, Tramps and Lou. Good morning, all. Rest day for me. I did a few push-ups and will follow that up with a frantic search for stocking stuffers and a trip to fetch dd from college. But I guess I can relax - I see from the date on the thread that I have plenty of shopping days left. Big grin
              spacityrunner

Good Morning all...nice to see some familiar faces. I haven't decided yet if I want to do anything today, but yesterday I spent 40 min on the pool treadmill. Did most of that at a 12 m/m and the foot feels ok. Sports doc has ordered an MRI...I will be getting that this a.m. and will be back at the docs just after Christmas to see where we go from here. He is concerned that I have not yet been able to run...and wants to see how damaged the tendon is before going further. However, the options he offered were not very attractive...a boot, a shot, or surgery. The doc is a young thing...he just doesn't know that us "older" folks take a bit longer to heal Big grin WRFB: theres a beer forum here...you should feel right at home (along with the running of course) BTW, thats a nice low HR...thats my HR when walking Shocked DH: Nice to see you. Hope your family is adjusting to having you about Did I mention I love this running log?? I stopped logging my runs after my injury, but was able to follow instructions, download the CR log and upload it to RA in a matter of seconds. I say thats a mighty fine welcome from RA.... Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Trails Rock!

Thanks for starting this Lou. It really is good to see everyone. My run as usual, will be later in the day. We actually have a little bit of snow filtering through the air with no accumulation. The kids love it as some schools are cancelled and some delayed in starting. Good weekend eveyone.
                  Vista
                    Heh, here is a link to a photo of me finishing the Seattle Half Marathon last month. I'm #6101 in yellow shirt. Not my best race, but what can you do. I did enjoy meeting a bunch of Boomers. Smile http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_photo.asp?EVENTID=18198&ID=44529084&FROM=photos&BIB=6101 Dark Horse
                    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                    btb1490

Dec. 12 runs? I like that! Rolling back the hands of time! Happy Friday all! I said it elsewhere, but I'll say it again, thanks for starting up this master's group. 10 dark, windy, cold miles this AM. Perfect way to say goodbye to Autumn and hello to Winter. Enjoy the day and the weekend all! Keep your hands out of the cookie jar! Big grin
                      CassadAAmius

Happy last day of fall! Are we done leaf-raking yet? Just wanted to welcome the other refugees from CR and encourage you to check this place out. I'm testing the waters both here and at Kick. I've got a cold and my head feels like a gopher slept in it last night, but I may work up the energy for a light elliptical or swim workout later today.
                        btb1490

Sports doc has ordered an MRI...I will be getting that this a.m. and will be back at the docs just after Christmas to see where we go from here. He is concerned that I have not yet been able to run...and wants to see how damaged the tendon is before going further. However, the options he offered were not very attractive...a boot, a shot, or surgery.
                          What's wrong with the foot? Let us know how the MRI went.
                            Scheduled rest today...so will do a bit of yard work...wrap gifts..visit the store "one...more...time"... This is my final hard weekend before the taper begins.....24 weeks of training has been a long...long...time...give me a good MP run on Sunday and I am ready... Tim, Ardmore, OK.

Marathon Maniac #957

Like I posted over at the Boomer thread, I like the clean, simple look of this site. I know I can’t keep up with several forums, and so by January 1st, I feel I must choose one. I don’t think it will be at Active.com, just because of all the reasons we all know about, so it’s probably going to be either kickrunner or here at runningahead. I will probably go where most of my favorite people, (like you guys, among others) decide to go. So, people, let’s think about this, and maybe take a vote next weekend? We have a great group of people here. I’ve been posting and reading your posts for a couple of years now, and many of you I know better than people I know in real life. I know that change is inevitable, but it would be nice if we could keep most of us together. I don’t think Active.com is really working out. (I’ve already logged in twice and had to find my way back by a circuitous route, just to post once today.) Wouldn’t it be funny if we all, as a unit, dropped that site and moved to another? No run for me today, x-training instead: weighted squats, dead lifts, weighted duck squats, shoulder presses, upright rows, hammer curls, push-ups, bench step-ups, a 13-minute Performance Abs video (I am LOVING the Exercise TV on Demand channel).

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Heh, here is a link to a photo of me finishing the Seattle Half Marathon last month.
                                Nice pic. You look fresh. Don't let Ribs see that jacket, though.

Be safe. Be kind.