Masters Running

Non-running Saturday (5/29/10) in the PNW. How about you? (Read 531 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

50 degrees in downtown seattle blowing 20 knots and raining

"seattle had the lowest high temperature in the nation yesterday (friday 5/28/10)" - ESPN

more of the same today.

another good day for tapering.\

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Kimmie

Ran a fun 10K this morning that I run every year.   my PR for this course is 51:20- thought I might be able to get under it, but the hills got me in the end-   Ran a 53:47.   Still happy with this, considering my ankle has been bugging me

Have a good  one all!

Another good day here, but I'm stuck waiting for them to deliver a refrigerator. Tomorrow DW and I plan on a long bicycle outing.

I sure hope the Bayshore runners have it a bit cooler than what we've got right now! I'll be sure to check the results later today.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Beautiful morning for a run. Hope all the Bayshore people enjoy their perfect weather and flat course this could be good for all. I expect some great reports out of this one.

3 easy again for me this morning. Lots of yard work ahead of me today and then I will have the next 2 days for laying around!  Oh ya and a couple runs in there too.

I'll be back later to check on the race reports!

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Tetsujin - I "bailed out" - joke - get it? on my run yesterday, couldn't even suck it up for 3 miles in that rain and wind.  And now it is still raining.  No excuses today.

Good racing Kimmie!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Good morning everyone. I hope our Bayshore runners have as fine weather as we have here in Wisconsin this morning. Clear blue skies, no humidity, a light breeze and 59° when I left the house at 6:00 AM this morning.

Sorry for your rainy weather, Tet and Enke. I hope it clears so you get to enjoy the holiday weekend (not that you wouldn't anyway, but it's nice to get outside to do stuff)

I hope that ankle gets better soon, Kimmie. 53:47 with a bum ankle is nothing to sneeze at, btw. Nice race this morning.

Get that yardwork done, Larry. When you finish yours, you can come and help me with mine.

11 miles this morning, 10:22 pace. As great as the weather was, I just couldn't get it together this run. Yesterday was a rest day, but I spent it helping my DS landscape his yard and I also walked 18 holes of golf. My back was talking to me after about the 5 mile mark. By mile 10, it was screaming "enough!" Today was one of those runs where I wonder how can I ever double this mileage, plus add on a few more besides that. I'm trying really hard to stay positive about training for this marathon, but I'm feeling like I might be in over my head. Stay focused, stay focused......

Good luck Bayshore runners! Can't wait to read all about your adventures!

Slo

Nice run Jlynne !

I just got in from a long bike ride....78.6 miles. What a gorgeoud day we are haveing here. I would lke to get a run in early this evening.....right around around dusk but I'm afraid I may have a belly full of food and beer. We'll see what the day brings.

Well, lots to do so best get at it !

Good Luck Bayside runners !

Renee the dog

Goooo racers!

Got 3 mi in with Renee this morning.  Wallpapering my husband's office right now.  He'll never fall asleep in there now with this stuff!  Ha -- he picked it -- it is bright! 

Hope everyone has a wonderful long weekend.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

The Road Is Melting, seriously, I live on a chip & tar road and it is melting, very tacky !!!

Worked at a 5 mile race this morning, 72 F at 9am for the race.  83F for my run at high noon, 86F when I finished.  Watching the race got me fired up so I ran a hilly 5 in 42:56, not race speed but much faster than usual, despite  the heat. 

Good racing Kimmie. 

Jlynne yes you can do it!  

Go RA racers!  

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Yeah , perfect November day in Seattle!

I did 5 miles yesterday in the evening after work and  planning on doing the same today. My Italian brain just has to avoid thinking about  the temps I used to consider normal for the end of May .

Tet: today they are running the 100K del Passatore over there between the cities of Florence and Faenza.

I've decided that 2011 will be the year. I'm going to do it, even got a group from the far Italian island of Sardinia to join me!     Yup....told the family....I'm going for it!!!!!!

Francesca

evanflein

Sorry about the carpy weather the PNW is having. I guess you're paying for your nice winter, right?

Beautiful here, temps in the upper 70s and low 80's all weekend, not a drop in sight. And that's part of our problem though. We've got some pretty serious forest fires (again) raging all around us. So far the smoke hasn't been too bad, but I can smell it out there this morning.

Jlynne, very nice run for you with a sore back. I did a lot of garden work yesterday too and I felt it in my lower back when I got up this morning. I'll try a short run later but nothing double-digit. I've got more garden work today (and tomorrow, and Monday) but this is my big weekend to get 'er done, as they say.

Nice race, Kimmie! They can't all be PR's right? But that's a good run on a hilly course, nothing to sneeze at.

I hear Bayshore got a bit warm for our runners today...

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

today they are running the 100K del Passatore over there between the cities of Florence and Faenza.

I've decided that 2011 will be the year. I'm going to do it, even got a group from the far Italian island of Sardinia to join me!     Yup....told the family....I'm going for it!!!!!!

that's so fantastico francesca. We're so happy for you and looking forward

to looking forward to it too for the next year.

sidebar:  for those who don't know, during her non-running days,  francesca once saw a bunch of people running through a mountain village in italy and vowed to do it someday too. Finally, after one of the many 5/10K funs runs she used to do around the PNW, she said out-of-the-blue in 2008, "do you know any 100K's I could run?" 

i said, "there's one in May."  However,  since the only long event she'd ever done before was a single marathon some years before, I added that she might want at least  to try the 50K option  in the upcoming Mt. Si 50K/50miler in April.

She didn't heed my advice and not only did the 50-mile option but had 51 miles in a 12 hour run the week before a powerful initial 100k.  She's one of the few, if not only, Marathon Maniacs who entered on the basis three consecutive ultras totalling 163 miles.

similar to someone else who saw a bunch of women and guys running by a bookstore she was in on an otherwise quiet Sunday morning in Portland and said, "I'd like to do that someday."  Twenty years later she did too.  <<<(butterfly/butterfly)>>>  For some reason, I think she still likes Portland.  

ps - we'll be looking forward to your account of the 2,500 anniversary run in Marathon. 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Quick Bayshore news:

dAAve sightings everywhere as he took many pictures and went from spot to spot on his bike.

Dg1 ran her 10K solidly and was her normal cheery self throughout.

Mustang Sally rocked with a sub 3:40 on a warm sunny day.  She may be feeling rough now but that'll pass.

MarkGuy ran a strong 3:49 or so (don't tremember exactly)

I dropped out at 20 miles after running 8:48 pace.  Saw the family and couldn't think of any reason to leave them and continue.  (I'm signed up for Twin Cities and that will be my last full).

Didn't see SteveP today.  Have to wait and see.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Breger!  Never say LAST!  Come to the Seattle Marathon, you will not overheat, I guarantee it.  And you have plenty of marathons left in you.  Thanks for the update though.  That Mustang really goes fast.

Jlynne, my back used to kill me after 8 miles, then it became 11 miles, then 16 etc.  It just got better the longer in distance I ran and was never an issue (I thought it might be) during my marathon.  I have faith yours will adapt.

SloHand, that's a lot of miles!

Frankie, you made me LOL.  It is November out there, somehow I don't mind this weather in November but it is bugging the heck out of me now.   What a wonderful plan you have to run that 100K.  That will be memorable.  I hope they have more potties on the course than the other marathon you ran over there.

6 slow miles in the 50F rain.  It was much slower than I expected after having taken a day off.  Maybe there is a lesson there.  The last mile I did in my Vibram 5 fingers.  They look like I am wearing black winter gloves on my feet.  I passed two people.  An older gentleman just stared, slighty aghast, and and woman was trying not to look.  The mile felt fine so maybe 1.5 miles next time out.  Eventually I'd like to do my whole 6 mile loop in them,

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Renee the dog

I dropped out at 20 miles after running 8:48 pace.  Saw the family and couldn't think of any reason to leave them and continue.  (I'm signed up for Twin Cities and that will be my last full).

Wow.  WOW! 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!