Masters Running

Masters Running @ TCM 2010 (Read 498 times)

HermosaBoy

OK, going to set this up as a separate thread for those of you that will be coming to the Twin Cities to use.

What - Masters Running 2010 Reunion

When - October 3, 2010 @ 8:00 am Central Time

Where - Twin Cities Marathon -- Minneapolis to St. Paul

What else?  Most likely a post race gathering at the Hermosa Residence in lovely Victoria, MN for those that will not be leaving until Monday.  Details to come later...

So, who's in???

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

evanflein

Well, I was on the fence on this one... it's really not looking likely. But it's sure looking more attractive all the time! Finances are my biggest hurdle. Does this race tend to sell out?
      HermosaBoy

I think I saw that it sold out in 85 days last year?

Rob

Whether or not you decide to go, please go the thread I started as to "Ballot Box" as I've posted the Medtronic link to use to nominate Ribs to be a Hero.

Thanks!

A

ps: and add a brief comment if you would, just to keep it near the top until we get a critical mass of votes?

Masters 2000 miles

Renee the dog

Bayside said Yes.  Now I just have to remember to go and register...

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Hermosa.... You should apply for the Masters Elite at TCM...

I don't remember your PR - but they let me in last year (before I got hurt and didn't go) so it can't be that strict.

Ray

HermosaBoy

PR is currently 2:44:49 which I bet would get me in, but...

I am not a big fan of the course (personal opinion and I have never run well there in either the marathon or the 10 mile).  I will be there to cheer others, but don't plan on running.

Rob

Renee the dog

Rob,

How's the in-course access by the spectators?  My husband and two kids (6 & 3) are interested in being there.  I don't want to incur the travel expense if there's no point...

HermosaBoy

Rob,

How's the in-course access by the spectators?  My husband and two kids (6 & 3) are interested in being there.  I don't want to incur the travel expense if there's no point...

I think it is a very spectator friendly course!

With proper planning, they can probably see you at least two or three times relatively easy.  This assumes that you have a car.  I can offer suggestions on the best places to watch...

The only place where it is hard to find a spot to see is during the last 0.2 miles.  My running team usually camps out right at the 26 mile mark to cheer everyone (and we wait until the last runners come through -- especially the ones right after the sag wagon).

Rob

Renee the dog

I think it is a very spectator friendly course!

With proper planning, they can probably see you at least two or three times relatively easy.  This assumes that you have a car.  I can offer suggestions on the best places to watch...

The only place where it is hard to find a spot to see is during the last 0.2 miles.  My running team usually camps out right at the 26 mile mark to cheer everyone (and we wait until the last runners come through -- especially the ones right after the sag wagon).

Awesome!  I can do without them right at the finish. Last year, when I ran my first marathon, my dd, 5, met me at the finish with, "I'm sorry you didn't win" and tears in her eyes.  I had just qualified for Boston...I had tears in my eyes too....it was outrageously funny that she thought her old lady could have actually won the race!

I'm in, of ocurse, but we'll have to leave Sunday after the race. 

I know the Medtronics folks give the Heroes lunch and tour of the headquarters on Friday.  Maybe we could get together that evening?

Alternative: The pasta dinner is at the Crowne Plaza Saturday night, and that's where they put us up last year, so maybe we could meet up there?  Of course, that's not so good for folks who aren't running the race (tickets are $15), is it? 

If that is of interest, they don't make the Heroes eat together at the dinner--of course, they will be there, so we can tell them all about Ribs.  Should be fun, no?

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
                        dg.

bump.
                          Slo

bump.

Thanks for the bump dg......now how about a kick in the pants so I can get my training back on track !

I've neglected to make hotel accomodations......I'm sure everything close has long since been booked.

I'm in for TCM.  I'm staying somewhere near the finish IIRC.  We would love to meet up with everyone somewhere ...

Bill

ETA: flying in on Friday, flying out on Monday.

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

dg.

Thanks for the bump dg......now how about a kick in the pants so I can get my training back on track !

I've neglected to make hotel accomodations......I'm sure everything close has long since been booked.

Slo me too!!  that's one reason I went to look for this thread.    I think there's another one too... to see where everyone else is staying.   (thanks Byll)

okay I'll kick you if you'll kick me.  Wink

Bill a meet-up is required!    which days will you & Deb be there?

how about everybody else?