Masters Running

Masters June Miles (Read 476 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Boy, did this month go by quickly, or what? Time once again to post your monthly mileage totals and any PRs. Some of you have lower miles this month due to injury or H&H but post whatever you've got - its all good! And some of you have high miles despite the H&H - hats off to you! Because of the Running Ahead server switch, many of us will have to wait to post our totals, but I can't get around to tallying them up till the weekend anyway, so don't worry. The picture is from despair.com - they have a wonderful collection of demotivational posters. If you haven't seen them before, check them out!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

23.5 miles Cry (FIRST injury) LOL, I love the poster! I didn't notice it at first.
        168.1 miles in June, 1056.0 for the Year. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

I Can Go The Distance

Carolyn, thanks for keeping this thread going. Smile 178.4 for June 782.5 YTD Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

evanflein

Thanks, Carolyn! 177.5 running miles this month, 10.2 walking miles that I measured.... YTD: 1057.3 YTD running miles (neck and neck with breger!)

jules2

Only 54 miles as been in Scotland mountain biking but did 298 miles on the bike. If you want to see some nice shots of the trip go to http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3Tzut&doc_id=3252&v=E9 Back to running for July.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

I love despair.com...I knew we were kindred spirits! The bitter sweets at Valentine's Day rock as do all their posters and notecards. My dark little sarcastic heart swells when I read their latest product information. June miles: 281.7 (should have paid attention to even it out) YTD: 1,266.3 Thanks for doing this Carolyn! Karin
                  I am absolutely depressed to report such low miles for a warm running month. My excuse? DS got married, work, lazy??? 113.6 - I will try to be a better runner next month, I promise!! When I look at some people's posts, I think "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy..." Jeanne
                    No sadness or depression Jlynne! Any mile is a great mile...no matter the total. It's getting out there and moving in some way (running, walking, biking, whatever...) that counts most. Besides, major life milestones must equal at least 100 miles. Karin
                    pfriese

June = 112.4 miles YTD = 968.3 Paul
                        june 08....24 miles....a personal worst since Aug. 07 when I had zero.....so I got that going for me.
                        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Hill Runner

Thanks WC June = 180.2 miles YTD = 938.6 miles

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

67.1 itsy bitsy miles this month. Sad A combination of a post marathon week and a weeks vacation sure put me behind. I am back on a regular schedule and will do much better in July. I did manage a PR in the 5k Though 22:44 Big grin Thanks Carolyn, Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Thanks for the thread, wc. June total - 220.6 miles No PRs (that was 30 years ago), one Half-M 21 min faster than last year. Less than 3 days lost to injury (ankle sprain last week.)
                              HermosaBoy

June: 243.1 Mi 29:16:24 1268 YTD

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob