Masters Running

Mariposai (Read 435 times)

King of PhotoShop

Tonight was our big night. I am just amazed at this woman. "Oh, you are staying right in my backyard," she tells me. (They live 70 miles away, and drove here to have dinner with me!) You know how adorable she looks in her pictures here? News flash. In person she is GORGEOUS! But the big news is that her husband Paul is the most affable, interesting and kind man I have met in ages. What a great guy he is. Although we were not allowed to talk to each other (not wanting to interrupt Mariposai) we sort of had a tacit agreement we will catch up at some future time. He is a super guy and a great supporter of Nancy's running. I really enjoyed him. You all know what a big heart she has and of course she showed up with gifts for both Paul and me, all wrapped too. Now I know what a "cotlet" is. I am in Chelan, WA right on the lake in a beautiful resort area. It is so beautiful here I can't believe it. It ain't Dallas! We took pictures and if they come out I will post one, but must sleep now. I had the most wonderful time. Aren't these Boomer meet-ups the best? Spareribs
    wildchild

Carolyn

How cool that you guys got to meet! And you just had dinner with Busiman recently, too. I'm jealous. I almost wish I was doing the Seattle R&R just so I could meet lots of Boomers, but I don't like running in cities, and my family will be on vacation that week anyway. The only Boomer I've met in person is Mtnchk (Cindy) and her dog Mairead, and they're great. I'd love to meet more of you some day.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

I couldn't agree with you more Ribs. Nancy is truly one of the rare gems in the world and I continually am blessed by her friendship. am so looking forward to spending more time with her again in just (gulp) 7 weeks!

Tammy

SteveP

This has to go into the Boomer Meet Up Hall of Fame.

SteveP

Mariposai

This has to go into the Boomer Meet Up Hall of Fame.
            well...wait until you hear MY side of the story before you make that decision.SurprisedWink

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

#artbydmcbride

I am so jealous here. Someday I hope to meet Spareribs and Mariposai too! In the meantime, I will enjoy vicariously through the full report....and photos!!

Runners run

Make sure you have done your speedwork before you meet up with Spareribs, as you will have to run far and fast until you wear him out. Then, be sure your liquor cabinet is triple locked. Finally, warn the neighbors it's a one night stand in case they are inclined to call the police when Ribs channels Frankie Valle in your backyard. At 4 a.m. You'll have a blast. Big grin
                Masters 2000 miles
                Mariposai

Make sure you have done your speedwork before you meet up with Spareribs, as you will have to run far and fast until you wear him out. . Big grin
                  now you tell me. Cool Big grin Yesterday my DH and I left work earlier than normal so we can pack our gunny sack with jerky and tequila and hop onto our burro to travel to Chelan to meet the infamous curmudgeon. When we got there it was love at first sight, between DH and Ribs that is. They talked non-stop from the minute they shook hands. They talked about running and trees and how runners should be like trees and how trees should be like runners…totally ignoring my presence…and here I thought this dinner was all about me and my victory lap celebration. After they have had a few glasses of beer (they did not allow me to order any alcohol since I am an athlete in training) I decided to sneak out of the restaurant, hopped on my burro and went to the dollar store to buy them a present. I returned to find them still talking, they did not even stop talking to open the present I got for them. Thank goodness they agreed to sit and be quiet long enough to take this picture.Please note the lack of glasses infront of my plate As someone who tries to find the positive in all experiences, I must admit that last night’s experience was worth it since I got a shot with yet another “OLD” master kicker. This picture will be added to my “Posie and the “old”ones” collection. ohh, and the only thing that worries me now is that they even exchanged email addresses and they said they would start emailing each other This could be a perfect flier for "Apples and Cotlets"

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Sounds like you all had a great time. Not sure you were all at the same place though? Confused He talks so it was tough for me to get in a word . . . she talks so it is tough for me to get in a word . . . lol One day I hope to meet each of you in person. Oddly, I suspect it will be Mariposai first since I may end up in Seattle next fall. Odd, since I have been traveling to Texas a lot lately. But I tell you it is a BIG state! The closest I think I have come to Dallas and thus Spareribs is 200 miles. Hmm . . . do you think he has been telling me he lives in Dallas just to avoid me . . . Wink

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

That last picture is great!! What the heck is a cotlet?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Two great versions of the same story. Smile

flomotioncoaching.com

This makes my whole face smile Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

looks like a wonderful evening!! those smiles tell it all - this is what life is all about!!

denise

huskydon

Wow! I am so envious! I love cotlets! Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all.....
                              arf

MM #405

Gorgeous!