Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 4.10.17 (Read 40 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Sunday’s semiltaneous workouts and races:

Marj (Bagged a race, ran 5 miles in the ‘hood)

Tramps (13 EZ, sproinky miles with small, undulating hillage)

Rochrunner (8 miles at 10:40 pace in better/warmer weather)

C-R (9 miles early enough to have RPs complaining)

Pfriese (20 miles on the OKC Mem Marathon course on a windy, warm morning for a weekly PB of 70.1 miles)

RunnerKSA (14.1 miles, wanting to go slower, but didn’t)

Catwhoorg (7 X 1200M VO2 max intervals + warm-up & cool-down for 12.35 miles)

BerthaSlayer (20 miles on a beautiful, sunny day)

Fatozzig (Butt-icing)

Deeze (Spin class & upper body workout)

Tomwhite (55 min hike in 2-lb boots)

Tammy (EZ 4.5 afternoon miles)

Spacityrunner (3.1 windy, sunny, slow, HOT miles)

Holly (marathon with dead legs, and windy, sunny and warm weather in 5:00:41)

Twocat ( 1 hr on the elliptical)

Stumpy (9.2 miles = 3 tough laps around the lake)

Evanflein (12.6 miles, better on this route than last week, but with sadness)

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, HENRUN! Funny cake video, Tramps.

Rochrunner, you’ve got about 6-7 weeks till your half, so stay calm, keep up the good training, and you’ll do fine.

Congrats on the 100-day streak, C-R.

tough to have a group run when you are on your own out there, RunnerKSA.

Sounds like you and your coach are working well together, BerthSlayer - excellent.

Fatozzig - You are a good listener and a good soul. And it sounds like you make a mean meatloaf!

Good call to ice rather than run, Mike. I hope it helps.

Good job in the marathon in challenging weather, holly. I’m sure you’ll all come up with the perfect name for the pup.

So sorry about Abby, Evanflein, but it sounds like you did what needed to be done for her today. I’m glad you had a calming/healing run.

You must be getting excited about the trip to Cork, Twocat!

Mariposai - no race details???

It only took 4 of us (including a 6’4” guy, and his wife [the 6th place overall and an AG winner of the NH state crossfit competition]) to take apart and move and reassemble the hydraulic table today, but we got it done, and nobody got hurt. I also did some good yard clean-up, and DW and I went to the fundraiser art show/sale, and picked up some great pottery for what I thought was very reasonable prices, then we went to Trader Joe’s and loaded up for the next week, and came home and eventually made dinner, which was chicken with figs and feta cheese, and stovetop-roasted potatoes with shrooms and onions, and we liked it.

I woke up a little late this morning after having some very strange dreams last night. So I went out for a quick 3.4 RW miles in 41° temps, and under a mostly-clear sky and a nearly-fool moon that was starting to think about setting as the sun was starting to think about rising.

OK - gotta go prep for my 8:30 meeting.

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good streak, C-R!

2.6 miles on very tired legs this morning.  Not out early enough for the full moon, though!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Funny, I'm prepping for an 8:30 meeting, too.  I think posting here counts

Must be the full moon--strange dreams for me too.  Actually, just the fact that I remember it is strange--I usually sleep soundly enough that I don't.  (Just another thing that annoys DW)

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

(((Erika))) it's never easy even if it's the right thing.

Holly,  super cute puppy

C-R, congratulations on the streak. I'm trying myself. I've only missed one day since Dec26. So technically I'm only on day 40 but I'm still stoked about only missing one day. I'm undecided how long I will attempt it but curious to see how long I can.

Yesterday I wanted to message my coach to ask for a cutback week this week but hubby said to let the dude do his job.  So of course no cutback week was given. Which must mean he thinks I can do it.  He is giving me the following two weeks after for cutbacks though. Yay. I'm trying to rebuild some speed I lost the past 2 years. It dropped dramatically despite no physical reasons. It's working. I'm not where I was but I'm getting closer.

Today is my rest day so one mile on the tm to keep my own streak alive.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Dave59

I went out for 4 miles this morning. First couple felt great, then twinges of sickness, then, wow.  Had to walk most of the last mile.  It's been a little over an hour since I finished and I am about back to normal. Too much pizza yesterday triggered the old acid reflux I believe.  Either that or I was having a heart attack.

How many times do I have to go through this before I learn not to eat so much junk?

Marathon Maniac #957

Henry - belated Happy Birthday!

BerthaSlayer - 20-milers 5 out of 7 weeks?  What are you training for?  I have read that after a 20-mile LR, it takes about 2 weeks to repair the microdamage to your muscles.  This is why I try to avoid doing them back to back weeks.  You must be tired!

Mariposai - like Jay said, more details please?

We haven't decided on a name for the puppy yet.  Gosh she is a cutie!  Although she did keep me up a bit last night.  She slept through a lot of the night, but when I put her back in her crate after taking her out again at about 4am, she whined to get out.  So I moved the crate to the kitchen and she whined louder.   After a while I got up to go see her and DD stopped me in the hall.  "No, Mom, you just have to let her cry.  You can't go to her every time.  Look what happened to ME."  

Rest day for me today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Dave - try eating pizza, or anything, for four or five days in a row as I did for pizza in August 1967 before the cafeteria opened and you'll never crave any more anymore.

Leslie - can you walk?

Nothing wrong with a five mile

morning walk into a setting moon.

Just pretend it's part of a 100-mile ultra.

tonight's "Fresh Air" on NPR stations is supposed to be on prescription drug pricing.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

yep, you have to let her whine it out Holly. She'll get over it and soon be sleeping through the night and able to entertain herself in her crate alone if you don't prolong it by getting her out when she whines. gee, sounds alot like transitioning a baby into a crib to sleep alone. lol.

Erika, I'm so sorry for your pet loss. Even when their time is short with us, they do leave an imprint for sure.

Thanks for all the congratulations and nice words about David. We sure are proud of him. 

probably no run today.

Tammy

After a while I got up to go see her and DD stopped me in the hall.  "No, Mom, you just have to let her cry.  You can't go to her every time.  Look what happened to ME."  

And just when you think your DD has driven you to the brink of murder  . . . smart girl.

Lori - That's a long time to go without a cutback week, but it sounds like it's working for you.

Tet - I can walk on a limited basis.  Last Wednesday I dropped my car off for some maintenance.  It's a 2-block walk to work.  Things flared up a bit and were further aggravated when I walked back a couple of hours later. It's frustrating . . . but then last night I hear from a friend who lives out of the area who two weeks ago had brain surgery for metastasized brain cancer and is hoping to get out of rehab this Thursday.  They're still trying to find the cancer origination site.  . . . . Kind of puts things into perspective . . . .

I did, however, do about 20 min of upper body ST and some planks, push-ups, and some static bridges (3x 20 secs each) this morning.  Iced for 20 min afterward, took my first round of ibu for the day and am watching to see how the bursa feels.  I was very careful to limit squatting and bending.  I won't do anything tomorrow and will try again Wednesday, depending how today goes.

Have a great week, friends.  Embrace the gifts of health and happiness ~~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 on VERY dead legs.

That 7th repeat yesterday was hard on my body.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

BerthaSlayer - 20-milers 5 out of 7 weeks?  What are you training for?  I have read that after a 20-mile LR, it takes about 2 weeks to repair the microdamage to your muscles.  This is why I try to avoid doing them back to back weeks.  You must be tired!

I am training for Bayshore marathon. My PR is there, 4:57;xx . I suspect this time will give me around 5:15 because like I said I lost all that speed (yes sub 5 was a fast one for me. I am a slowpoke) but we have been working the past 6 months on getting it back down from the 6ish hours it was taking. Yes I am tired but do not feel burnt out. All the 20s (which I do indeed like) are due to fact that I spent so much time ultra training and am used to stupid long mileage training of 20+ miles. I can walk for days on end. I just need to learn to run faster.  I just need to make them faster through proper training. He is still considering whether to give me a 3 or 4 week taper. I am hoping for 3 weeks but will let the dude do his job. After this race I would like to continue but will have to decide if I can afford it. It really is kind of fun to give myself this challenge because like I said I am not feeling burnt out. Just a little tired which is to be expected I suppose.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

pfriese

Ezpz 6 mile run around town.

Paul

I can walk for days on end. I just need to learn to run faster.  

You and me both. 

A client, who was in about two months ago and saw our dept secretary, just said to her, "You had your baby!"  . . . yeah, like 3 years ago . . . . 

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Henrun

Speaking of walking-no run today but about 5 miles of walking. Gorgeous spring day as  walked over the Brooklyn Bridge and explored lower Manhattan. Took the subway back and stopped for lunch. Passover Seder tonight with 25 of our family and friends and head back home tomorrow morning since we have tickets for a matinee play in Boston. Our celebration of our anniversary and my birthday continues🎂🍸.

Might squeeze in a short run before we leave.

dg.

Henry you two always make me smile.    Yay, a week of celebations.

Thanks for your as always stellar start, Jay.   Your weekend sounds ... well rounded, satisfying, and fun.   except for the weird dream aftermath...

glad no one got hurt!    Your table moving story reminded me of the realtor couple we used in selling my dad's condo last fall.   There were some pieces of furniture we just did not know what to do with, & we were running out of energy, and options.  Turns out, she ((husband & wife team) had been an Olympic weight lifter.   They said they'd be happy to do Anything... & they did!     glad you had a sunny moon this morning.

Erika, again,  so sorry.   You did everything right...    your description was so touching.

New puppies.... Holly, this morning I thought (still wondering about gender) ,   (& thinking of D names) of Dolly.   Then you could say well hello, Dolly!  tee hee. 
                                I swear the rhyming part didn't occur to me until I started to post this.

Mike I think it's cool that you wrote a puppet show.   Neat about the 'kid', too.       Hope your heels are better.  I had heel pain once, and researching it found out it had a name.  Heel Pain.

oh, gotta go.   6.14 this morning, some hillage, lots of windage,  but shorts!!  (guess shortage fits too, considering my pace!)