Masters Running

Weightloss Healthy Eating Challenge - Week 2 (Read 308 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Grrrr...... I am UP 1.5 lbs this week. I was afraid that the news wouldn't be good, but hoping it wouldnt be quite THAT bad. (sigh) (deep breath) Okay, I still have 3 weeks to drop 4 lbs, which would be a happy achievement. So, time to bear down. The Girl Scout cookies are all gone now, no excuses....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dutchie42

Sorry Holly, do you know why the weight loss itsn't working for you? Got good news myself: 127.21 lbs. Lost a little again. Despite being hormonally challenged. I usually gain over two pounds at TTOM, but the weight's OK. Weird huh?

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Renee the dog

Well folks, horomones are raging (day 2). But I found a surefire way to post lower numbers: Spend the night with your head in the toilet! Blush Yep, I'm down 3.8 to 131.2, due to a lovely overnight of almost no sleep and everything (hopefully) evacuating my digestive tract. I think I have the beginning of a 6 pack from the workout I had overnight. I just had a good Cry with Renee on the couch as I have no idea how I'm going to take care of the kids and her today with how I feel. Hoping I can bounce back by the afternoon and perhaps get the dog around the block. I feel terribly because I promised the kids we could go to the beach today (It's supposed to get to 53°) and they could dig in the sand while Renee and I ran laps. Why did I open my mouth??? On the upside, I'm still over a week away from my half marathon. Thank goodness this didn't happen next week.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Awwww, Nono - I wish I could come and help you! I remember the days when my kids were little and my DH gone when I was sicker than a dog. It's hard to take care of yourself, much less kiddos. Tell them mommy is sick, let them have a cereal out of the box day, pop in their favorite video and lay on the couch. And - PRAY - that they don't get it! (or did they give it to you). Gosh, I hope you feel better soon. Take care! I'm not weighing in until after my run. (like that's going to help after what I've eaten lately) Holly - not bad, all things considered. Here's our mantra for the week: "stay focused...stay focused....stay focused..."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh {{{{nono}}}}!! I sure hope your are feeling better soon! I like Jlynne's cereal out of the box afternoon! Holly .... no more Nekko wafers. Wink You can still do it - I have faith in you! Nice job Dutchie!!! Big grin I was down a pound this week!! I'm going to keep saying JLynne's mantra an stick with it!! Made it through day one of no chocolate yesterday. We just have to stay strong!! I know that if I can stick with 2 full weeks of being good, the rest is a bit easier - it is just those first few days that are so challenging.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Renee the dog

Thanks folks. I did manage to take a half hour nap after setting them up with bananas and a bowl of pretzels. Nap came to a conclusion when my 2 yr old son came over and sneezed/threw up all over my face while sleeping. He also took out our only box of tissues. I guess I should be grateful he didn't blow out his diaper too! Black eye I must have been very bad in a former life. 8 Ball

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Nap came to a conclusion when my 2 yr old son came over and sneezed/threw up all over my face while sleeping.
                I'm sorry Nono, I know you aren't feeling well, but that was just hilarious......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I'm sorry Nono, I know you aren't feeling well, but that was just hilarious......
                  I have to agree with Holly. Big grin Even though my "baby" is now 28, I can remember being home w/ her and her brother and too sick to hold my head up, much less make it to the bathroom on time...it's no fun! Holly, do not despair. Remember Jlynne's mantra.... WTG Hopeful and Dutchie! Good work. Thankfully, I seem to be down a lb this week...actually I can't remember what I was last week, but it had to be in the 136-137 range...today I'm 135ish. I contribute my small success to bringing my lunch for MTW of this week and eating lots and lots of veggies and other fiber-filled edibles. I bet right now you don't want to hear the word fiber Nono Sad However, today's fried chicken in the ole' cafeteria and i cannot resist. Tomorrow's our biggest loser weigh in... Also, I managed to get myself out of bed early enough to get in some road mileage in the wee hours this week. That helped. My 1/2 is 2 weeks away. I'm doing a 10K race on Sunday - first race of the year for me.
                  TammyinGP

I'm down 4 lbs from what I was on Saturday, when I weighed myself just prior to running the HM, and today's weight was 3 lbs less than what the scale said yesterday morning Roll eyes . so obviously something isn't right. Or maybe practically starving myself for two days and doing cardio for 1.5 hrs last night, made me lose a lot of retained water weight. . .

Tammy

evanflein

Well Tammy, I think you're right that it eventually pays off. Could be water weight, which you always lose first, but stick with it and you'll see real progress! That's so cool. But I know it's hard to hear "yeah, stick with the starving thing, that works!" so hang in there... Holly, it's just a blip. Don't worry about it. Dutchie, Mary and Helen are all doing great! Now we just need Cranium to show up and blow us all out of the water. {{Nono}} oh that's so awful. I remember those days... well, no one barfed on my face, but I did have one with the barfies, one with diarrhea that leaked out of any diaper we put on, DH and I were both sick. Oddly, as I recall, I was the only one expected to still do all my normal stuff. Angry I'm up 2 lbs this morning (I know I wasn't going to weigh in, but was very good last night so had to check) and that's fine because it's 2 lbs down from yesterday... Whenever I go out to eat I'm up as much as 5 pounds the next day. Really. Other than the sodium, which is always higher in restaurant foods, I'm not sure what it is... Prolly too much bread, too. But anyway, when I was in my 20's and 30's, I could just be careful the next day and it would be gone in 24 hours. Now it takes a few days to work through, and if I'm not careful it doesn't go away at all! So, another day of being good and hopefully I'll be back where I started tomorrow.
                        not so great here either -- up 2lbs from last week -- but if monday was the weigh in day i would have been even higher -- need to get my weekends under control!! nono -- hope you and the kids feel better soon -- and noone else throws up in your face!! ((Nono))

denise

Arrrrgh! Up to 126! But what do you expect when you eat and drink like a little pig? Day 2 of no wine or sweets so hopefully that will help.

Marathon Maniac #957

On a less yucky note, I just had one of my favorite low-cal lunches. 1 slice bread (70 cal) 2 fat free hot dogs, split lengthwise on top of bread (40 cal each) 1/4 to 1/3 c. chili (homemade, est. 75 cal) 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese App. 275 calories total, (plus 50 calories more for the pretzels I had with it). Maybe not super-nutritious, but this is very filling and yummy and definitely doesn’t taste like diet food. Usually I use Campbell’s Roadhouse Chili, but I had homemade this time, much better of course. My plan today is to eat as if it was a non-run day, in spite of the fact that I ran 11 miles this morning (as in, try to keep it to less than 1600 calories). Well, maybe I will allow myself an extra 200 calories – a small lite ice cream cone this evening. Either that or about 8 oz of red wine. Hmmmmm, ice cream or wine? Guess I’ll just see how I feel later.

Mmmmm, that lunch sounds good Holly. Nono, I am so sorry to hear you are sick. That stomach bug is going around. I hope you are back on your feet soon. I have to admit to never having had a child throw up on my face, but my dh has had two different children hit his neck - while in the car. Thankfully, at home at least they seem to be old enough to make it into the bathroom. I'm just checking in, for the last time I guess, to note that I have hit my goal weight of 115 - on the money this morning. The increase in mileage seems to have done the trick. Now I will just have to see about maintaining this weight and not gaining or losing too much.

Once a runner . . .

evanflein

2 fat free hot dogs
                                Dead (do you know what's in those things?
                                Hmmmmm, ice cream or wine? Guess I’ll just see how I feel later.
                                Oh, that one's easy...! Big grin