Masters Running

Weekly Run & X-Training Thread w/e March 30th (Read 357 times)

Okay another week gone by and here is what you have accomplished... Dutchie42-33K... plus a long run already for this week...great!! evanflein-45.5 miles...I knew I couldn't run more miles than you 2 weeks in a row evryday-41.2 miles...weekly PR...nice Ileneforward-45.5 miles...You and Erika running together or same plan??? JJJesse-43.5 miles...I appreciate the pictures you take on your runs!!! lyndenrunner-42.25 miles...took a day off marathon derrick-30.4 miles plus lifting...good job nowor-13 miles and lots o' core work...sweet pfreise-52.7 miles...good job Paul...nice pacing too seemomgo-18 miles...good to see you back slowgino-11 hours and 5 minutes running...holy carp...that's a lot of running SteveP-8.5 miles plus Easter Bunny hopping tetsujin-28.5 miles....I don't know how I missed you...sorry Keep those miles comin'...
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-6@7:57 Tue-8@8:03 Wed-8@8:09 Thur-5@8:02 Fri-8@8:15 Sat-Off Sun-Off Total=35 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Thank you Lyndenrunner for your diligent work with this thread...it helps keep me motivated. My life outside running will be a bit busier this week. It'll be tougher to find the time to run.....but find it I will! Mon.....rest............rest Tues....6miles..........6miles Wed....12miles.........9miles Thurs....rest...........rest Frid......6miles.........rest Sat......rest............6miles Sun.....20miles.........20 miles Total 41 miles
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        Dutchie42

Thanks Gordon Big grin Like Evryday said, it keeps me motivated. Mon...33.25K long run (almost 21 miles). The one I shouild've done yesterday but postponed. Tue...rest day. Recovery run was not possible because I had to leave the house very early because of the snow. Wed..15K bike commute. Went to the PT. She advised against running straight after treatment. But I still have 4 more days for running Wink Thu...went to the dentist to have filling replaced. Have bad tooth ache since. No swim, no run. Fri....Tooth ache better. 9.9K run and 15K bike commute. Sat...8.5K doggie fun run. Actually more doggie fun than run. Sun..shortish long run: 21.12K in the rain. What happened to Spring? Summary: 72.8K = 45.5 miles (two long runs)

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

seemomgo

Hi Gordon -let's hope this week goes better than the last two!!! Monday Tues Weds Thurs Friday Sat Sun
              Hi! Can I play, too? I'm getting in a groove and need all of the motivation I can get to stick with it. Monday - 4.5 miles; slower than snails pace; AHR good; wonky feet feel greta Tuesday - (gym) all heck broke loose at work, so I spent gym time still at school; grrrr Wednesday - 4 miles; not at all pretty, but I got them done Thursday - (run 3); walked 1, ran 2; walked/ran 3 more at running club a few hours later Friday - rest; out all day and evening with students at an orchestra festival; about 1 mile of schlepping and kid-wrangling Saturday (run 4); walked 1; ran 5; thanks for this thread - it's really motivating me! Smile Sunday - (run 5); decided to cross-train instead; 1 hour weights and pilates Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

evanflein

Thanks, Gordon! This is another peak week for me before the pre-Boston taper. Got a LOT going on at home and work so not sure how this will work... Monday: XT Day................Elliptical, walking and weights/ab work done Tuesday: 5 miles..............6.55 miles of Hills, 8:33 avg pace Wednesday: 10 miles........10 miles rolling hills, 8:23 avg pace Thursday: 5 miles.............6.8 miles, tried for EZ pace, got 8:33 avg... Roll eyes Friday: Rest Day...............Walked 2.25 miles with the old dog... Saturday: 10 miles...........10.5 tempo miles on rolling hills, 7:59 avg pace Sunday: 20 miles.............21 miles, 8:34 avg pace, hills in second 2/3 of run to mimic Boston Plan is for 50 plus a little XT......54.9 miles running actual... no I didn't go run another .1! This is a PR week for me...
                  Monday-nothing Tues-lifting 3 sets bench press, alt db press,alt db raises, kick backs, alt db curls, lat pulls, squats and leg raises, 2 sets lying knee ups Wed 3 miles am tm 5.2 evening run after church 3miles am tm 28:00/9:20per-5.2 miles in evening 47:50 Thurs- lifting light-0 miles-bench press65/20,95/15,135/10,190/5,210/2- w press10/20,20/20,30/20-dips 2 sets 10,tri ext-10/45,10/55,10/55,-lying tri ext10/20,20/15,25/10-push dns40/20,50/15,60/10-support squat 2 sets 10, squats 50/10,100/8,150/6,200/4,250/2,300/1-dead lift-65/10,135/8 205/6- knee ups 2 sets 25 Friday 4 miles real easy Saturday-15 mile Hm, warmup and cooldown 15 miles+or - alittle 2:06:30 hm plus warmup and cool dn Sun Total for week 27.2 miles taper started last week for marathon on 4-6-08
                  pfriese

Lyndenrunner, thanks again for the thread start, and for the tabulations and comments from last week.
                    DayMilesComment
                    Mondayrest day - done
                    Tuesday8.2 miles running - done 9:33/mile
                    Wednesday11.5 miles running - done 9:57/mile
                    Thursday7.0 miles running - done~10:00/mile
                    Fridayrest day - done
                    Saturday16.2 miles running - done ~9:45/mile
                    Sunday5.0 miles - donerunning~9:00/mile
                    Total47.9 miles runningDONE
                    Paul

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

week of 3/23 - 3/29: 31 miles arigatou gordon. somehow I managed to run around Green Lake over 11 times in the Dizzy Daze 50K/100K

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

#artbydmcbride

Thanks lyndenrunner! I'm not running with evanflein, but we are both preparing for Boston. Cool Mon - 6.5 miles of hills, 1.5 miles at noon and lots of physical therapy. done Tues - 2 miles running, 1.5 miles at noon and lots of physical therapy, and a nap! done Wed - 8.5 miles, 1.5 miles at noon and lots of physical therapy. done Thu - 6.5 miles, 1.5 miles at noon and lots of physical therapy. done Fri - 4 miles, 1.5 miles at noon and lots of physical therapy. Sat - 20 miles long run, pilates and yoga Sun - 3 mile recovery run total = 50 miles running

Runners run

GreenMan

Thanks Lynden, I use to be a photography bug in my youth, darkroom and all. M..........4..................4 +1.2 walking T..........drive.............done W..........6..................7 T...........3..................4 F...........camp S..........13.1 S..........26.2 jjj............52.3
                          Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                            Ilene - your avatars just keep getting better! I had to stare at the new one for about 15 seconds before I figured out what it was!

flomotioncoaching.com

SteveP

bronchitis drained the gas tank..I'm passing this week. Thanks Gordon.

SteveP

nowor

On some days it's spring! Monday- 6.5 mi, grab the nice weather Tues-strength training and core/ball classes Wed-4.5 mi, windy Thurs-strength training, core/ball AM, yoga PM Fri-4 mi TM ugh, but done Summary-15 mi + core+ strength training+ yoga