Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 1.20.18 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Friday’s workouts:
    RunnerKSA (2.5 morning TM miles + 1.7 company TM miles + weights)
    Jlynne (5.45 miles in 17° breezy temps on dark, slippery roads)
    Tramps (5 miles)
    Dave (4 park miles, part with, and part without music)
    C-R (5+ tight-on-time TM miles)
    Deeze (6.2 miles, including 2 with the Sole Sisters)
    Falconfixer (5 pre-work miles + 6 mid-afternoon miles [including 3X800m with the counterpart])
    Surly Bill (7.6 miles at 8:28 pace + 0.2 at 4:00 pace)
    Mike (8 post-work miles)

Twocat (7 morning miles)

More tales of dental joy, eh?

Dave59, I always enjoy/appreciate the sounds and silence around me during my workouts, as well as being able to hear oncoming vehicles, and never even think to use headphones/buds.

Pretty low & quick winter solstice, Evanflein.

Tammy, just go, whatever time of the year - especially with a $75/night deal!

Happy Birthday to Fatozzig’s Hub - sweet present. I hope you have good luck finding your own evilliptical.

Thanks for the Parhelion lesson, Tet.

Bummer about the robbery, SB. I like the idea of a secure drop bin. And chasing the pirate in your clown costume (pics please).

I got invited to be a speaker, with one of our Senators, where she would be advocating against allowing drilling for oil off the coast of NH. But then the event (scheduled for Monday) got postponed - might have something to do with a senseless shutdown.

I went 5.85 very EZ pre-dawn miles in 31° temps. My quad is feeling better, but isn't 100% so I decided to give it another EZ day. TENS helped, and I'll do more. I did some easy stretching and foam-rolling, and I've also got KT tape on it - why not use everything I've got?

Have a greta Saturday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Hit it with all of it, Jay!  Hope the quad improves.

Felt good to get outside again.  We don't generally get this much "stuck inside" time here in middle Tennessee.  4.6 miles.  I decided to push my longer run until tomorrow because I felt really tired.  My work weeks really wear me out.  Plus, I'm a little pressed for time because we have a noon Vanderbilt game.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

C-R

Awesome you get that speaking gig Jay and careful with that quad.

Im with you Karen. Nice to get decent temps for outside run

15.3 this morning but still icy so slow and patient working on form and working on the core.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

I got invited to be a speaker, with one of our Senators, where she would be advocating against allowing drilling for oil off the coast of NH.

That's very cool!  I hope it gets rescheduled soon.

Surly Bill - I would think a well-placed camera would help.

No workout for me again today.  My mouth hurts and I generally feel blah.  I am trying to only take a pain pill in the evening, but the Motrin isn't quite enough in the daytime.  I'm hoping it will be better tomorrow, at least enough for a short run.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

..........fatozzig//.....let us know what you decide to get

...jay//.......we need to talk to our Senators,

I wrote mine

and suggested if the Employees don't get paid the LawMakers don't either

which

I why I'm probably not Running for Office...

==============

...yep,

Decent Weather..........and warmer than that Sunday

50-min HH with Hills

...........Good Running to Ya.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Henrun

((Holly))

Temp in the high 30’s and cloudy. I joined the marathon trainers on Heartbreak Hill for a slow and easy 6- lots of friendly greetings. Now for lunch and rest.

bioguy

Really nice morning high 30's/low 40's. Got in a 10 miler of the Galloway style; 1 min run/30 sec walk breaks. A good friend introduced me to that style for long runs to keep your legs from feeling so beat up.

Tailwinds!

evanflein

{{Holly}} Take it easy, your mouth has been through a lot.

Hope the quad gets better soon, Jay. Do you know what caused it? I'm always curious about the cause/source of ouchies because it does seem like some sneak in with no event or cause that I can pin down. Maybe just enough little things add up to make an ouch.

Glad some of you guys are getting nicer weather. Nice 15+ there, C-R! As expected, we are cooling off quickly. Thursday morning was 25° here, Friday was 15° and this morning is -1° here at our house. Temps are usually 10-15° colder in town but today we're about the same. Expected to get down to -17 tonight and then colder from there. *sigh* January in Fairbanks is back.

And, just as well. I'm not running. Shin still hurts. Not bad but a nagging soreness that's worse going down stairs (?). I'm going to give in and make the call to the ortho on Monday. I haven't used a dime of my deductible in over 2 years so this is a stubbornness thing as well as just refusing to believe I'm hurt. 

3.11 miles on the elliptical yesterday, not sure what I'll do today. We do want to go to the movie tonight, The Post. It was always sold out when we were in NYC but I don't think that's a big risk here.

catwhoorg

Labrat

An easy 6 to stretch my legs out before my half tomorrow.

Also 4 sets of 5 pull-ups as I passed the playground.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

coastwalker and Holly S. I hope all your nagging aches go away fast.

Surly Bill you just need more cameras at more angles. Set up right, I imagine hoody or no hoody you would get a good picture of the thief's face.

An hour on the elliptical today. Tomorrow I have a 15k race. I have been threatened with bodily harm by that violent lady who goes by the name of Mariposai if I do not post a race report in the race report thread. Expect to see a race report tomorrow. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Dave59

I took a rest day today. Race #2 of the winter series is tomorrow afternoon. Thank goodness it's only 4 miles. 15k is out of comfort zone at the moment.

I bought my little Sandisk mp3 player mostly to listen to podcasts at the gym, but I stuck some music on it too. There's nothing to be alert about at the park where I run but I don't play it loud anyway. The roads are gated in the mornings and all day in the winter too. When I'm not on the closed roads I'm on a little gravel loop around the pond.

Deer crossings and skunk sightings are my biggest worry.

...the Do Not Call Website is Shut Down////////

https://www.donotcall.gov/

..........this is Madness.........

on the Other Hand

it

probably works as well as when it was open....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Quickadder

Been sick with this cold/flu too long. Decided to lace up the shoes and see if there was anything in the legs at all - after all even a short walk would be better than nothing. Surprised myself with 3.2 easy miles at 10:16 pace.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Marathon Maniac #957

I bought my little Sandisk mp3 player mostly to listen to podcasts at the gym,

I have several Sandisk Sansa Clips and I love them.  I listen to audiobooks on them, not just while running but driving to and from work, and when I'm folding laundry or doing dishes, etc.  On long runs I switch out between my book and music.

However, I have never been able to figure out how to get a podcast downloaded and saved to my computer so I can drag and drop them over to the Clip.  When I click "download," it downloads the podcast and I can listen to it on my computer, but I am unable to save it as a file.  And what does "Embed" mean?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

We do want to go to the movie tonight, The Post. It was always sold out when we were in NYC but I don't think that's a big risk here.

Let me know what you think. We really liked it. The history behind the Washington Post is pretty fascinating. Sorry your shin is still sore, and sorry your weather hit the skids. But it is warming up nicely here!

Sorry for your sore mouth too, Holly. Does the pain pill provide enough relief to allow you to get a decent night's sleep?

Too funny that the "do not call website" is shut down. And yes - why do the idiots who are causing all of the problems continue to get paid?

Good luck Twocat, Dave and anyone else who's racing tomorrow.

5.1 miles this morning. The snow is melting, but I guess there's a nice storm heading this way Sunday night/Monday.

Someone tell me the next time I decide to take on a "do it yourself" project, I stink at them. My painted table idea has turned into the project from hell...