Masters Running

Friday Ground Hog Day February 2 (Read 37 times)

Starting us off-    4 treadmill miles.  Too cold and windy outside.  Heading downtown in traffic for a CLE (legal ed) and then home after lunch to drive up to "the mountain" (Monteagle/Sewanee) for a church women's retreat.  Wine is involved! 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks for the start, KSA. Enjoy the retreat...and wine!

Thursday’s workouts:
      RunnerKSA (3.2 morning, cloud-covered miles + 2.3 post-work TM miles)
      Stumpy (3.1 lake loop miles in 32° temps)
      Quickadder (5.5 miles at 5AM in 55° temps)
      Deeze (5:35AM Body Pump class + 4.6 snowflaked miles)
      Fatozzig (1 morning hr of core/ST)
      Tomwhite (55 min Pool Run, no belt, closed fist, run in shallows, and push against water - 1st time in 3 months)
      Twocat (14 morning miles in cold, cloudy weather)
      Marj (new condo carton unpacking cross-training)
      Henrun (2.5 miles in 35° for a haircut - no cross-training, no guilt)
      Pfriese (10 miles including 7 at tempo in 50° temps with heavy winds)
      Holly (3 TM miles)
      C-R (morning wake-up 2 miles + 5PM 3 miles with jump squats and more squats with the tri/crossfit group)
      Surly Bill (5.5 EZ miles at 8:02 pace in good shoes with good music in good weather.
      Falconfixer (5 pre-work miles + 5.1 lunchtime miles + 2.5 mile post-work walk)
      Bioguy (7.5 post-work miles including 5 at tempo pace)
      SteveP (2 pre-work miles)

Congrats on getting back to poolrunning, Tomwhite. Good running to ya too!

Good January totals, Quickadder and Tammy and Twocat.

Congrats on the new digs, Marj & Henrun! What should I bring to the housewarming party??

I hope typing the rant helped, Fatozzig, even if it got deleted.

Even though you aren’t running now, Mariposai, don’t spend ALL of your time working!

Funny story about the truck lineup, Steve. But a lot better than having no one there to help the ditched darling.

Feb. 1 was the deadline for applications from local non-profits that want to be the beneficiary of the 2018 Seacoast Half Marathon. We received 18 applications. Next week, our race committee will meet and go through the difficult process of narrowing it down to one final choice.

Ugly workout this morning: The rain at the start turned to sleet/snow before my eyes as the temp dropped from 34° and the roads went from wet to slushed and slick and I did some IQC (involuntary quad clenching) whenever I felt myself starting to slip. But I got 7 RW miles done, and relished my post-stretching, pre-breakfast hot shower.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

I did some IQC (involuntary quad clenching)

I'll have to remember that acronym!

SteveP - I got a good giggle over your tow truck story.  I have hardscrabble Texas and Okie blood coursing through my veins.  Ain't nuthin' wrong with a redneck.

Nothing for me this a.m.  I'l do my 30 min wog after work.

Not sure my unpublished rant helped.  It may take the weekend for me stop saying stuff in my head voice that absolutely should not spoken outwardly.  *sigh*  If only everyone was as perfect me. 

I'm mulling over the idea of putting together a Fatass Ultra here in the mid to late summer.  The perfect location would be Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park.  The James Irvine Trail is 5 miles one way.  Get some cars parked at either end to work as aid stations, find people willing to hang out in shifts to man the cars . . . it might be doable.

Have a fantabulous Friday and an even better weekend ~~

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

...fatozzig//............not sure what kind of crowd you'd get if you call it The FatAss Ultra........

=============

WindChill must be in the 20s

,,,,,,,,,all the rain puddles

from last night were still Frozen

30-min HH with 2-lb trailboots and 4-lb handweights

planned on my ''20-Minute Rule'' for new exercises

but

apparently the extra weightage

made it take longer

........I'll know

how Smart this was in the morning......

...............Good Running to Ya........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.

I let myself sleep in until 7:00 today.  So no run before work, but I took a bit of an early lunch and ran 4 at the park.  18°, sunny, and unfortunately it was also breezy. The wind made things cold for the first mile but then I warmed up.

I realize there are long term deficit ramifications and the rates are only temporary, but I was pleased to get my first paycheck under the new tax laws this morning and it included a nice little bump in the net amount. Better than some raises I have gotten.

C-R

I get that Jay. We had frozen fog last Sunday and it was slick.

Good on you Leslie to put together a race like that. Good luck.

easy does it Tom

Thanks for the reminder Dave. need to check my stub too.

3.1 at lunch. It's cold. I'm not looking forward to my 15 miler tomorrow but gotta get it done.

Back to work.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the reminder Dave. need to check my stub too.

The Hub asked me about this this morning, too.  I'll be checking my next pay stub a little more closely.

TomW -   I have no idea why unorganized ultras are called FatAss Ultras, but I've been wanting to do one around here for a long time.

Ever talk to your boss about something he wants you to do and at the end of the conversation you're more confused than you were when you got up in the middle of the night trying figure out why you almost peed the bed?  No?  Just me??

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Dave59

Ever talk to your boss about something he wants you to do and at the end of the conversation you're more confused than you were when you got up in the middle of the night trying figure out why you almost peed the bed?  No?  Just me??

Happens all the time (except for the nighttime stuff).  I do wake up and wonder what day it is.  And it happens to the people who work for me. I was trying to explain something yesterday and the guy obviously was not following me. His suggestions and questions were so off base I knew I wasn't getting through.  In my case I said, "Never mind", and then I went off and did the work myself. Sometimes that is just easier. Whoever made me a manager should be fired.

Whoever made me a manager should be fired.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

pfriese

An ezpz 6 mile run in the park for me today.

Paul

An easy 3 miles before the trip to Dallas for the Hot Chocolate 15k in the morning.

To anyone else racing this weekend, Good Luck and happy running to all!

SteveP

SteveP - I got a good giggle over your tow truck story.  I have hardscrabble Texas and Okie blood coursing through my veins.  Ain't nuthin' wrong with a redneck.

The situation seemed a little familiar. Except I'm not as cute nor as single as my niece.

While Dad and Mom can not get me all the treats I like, Rochrunner, I know they still love me and their kids too. Both of them sometimes work at other jobs too, to make ends meet. Can your brother do that? Every one needs help sometimes and it's very good when we help when we can. I'm very good at digging holes and sloppy kisses...If you ever need any..I hope you get surprised like Dave did.

When it was before yesterday, Dad and me went to go get Honey and go run run run! When we got on a white road, Dad made his truck dive sideways!!!! It was very amazing and Honey barked a lot. Dad laughed a little and said we went into a ditch because he for got to put the truck in to four wheel. That was news to me because it already has four wheels. When he changed the truck and went to go, the truck went even more sideways. He said something that was kind of like "ditch" but I didn't hear so good. He let me and Honey out while he worked on the truck. Lots of times he likes that because he can throw tools and use bad words and Mom doesn't hear him. Me and Honey went run run run all over the place when Dad was trying to dig. Then he got a tool he named "Jack" to make the truck go way up high. I brought him sticks, but he wanted to put them under the truck. "Jack" sinked in to the ground. Dad said there are lots of underground springs and the ground will not freeze even when it is very cold. Me and Honey digged for Dad too. But we did not find any springs. Just muck muck muck! It was GREAT!

Then Dad called Mom and said we would be late. That it was going to be dark soon and we would wait for rednecks to come along. I was very happy! I told Honey that I never got to make a redneck go run run run before! I don't know what one is, but I'll get 'em get 'em!

Dad waited in the truck when me and Honey were looking for rednecks to chase. Then a guy with a big truck came over and asked if we wanted a "Yank". Then he asked if we had a "strap". Dad got out a big big long leash and put it on his truck. Then the other guy said his truck was going sideways too and he could not help. But one more guy with a big big truck came over and he had lots of sand in his truck. He put the one end of the leash on his truck and Dads truck and two more guys with big trucks showed up too! One truck had pretty curtains in the back window. Dad's truck  popped right out! It was very rexciting! Me and Honey were tired by then and we got to go home with out making rednecks go run run run!

Today, we went and got Honey and when we were by the same place Dad's truck went sideways, Honey started to cry. It was OK today though and we got to the trails very nice. We went run run run in the snow and it was lots of fun fun fun! When ever it's time to turn around and come back, Honey gets mean some more and bites my ears and shirt and tries to take my sticks. When we got back, Dad lets us have treats!

Two miles before work again.

SteveP

evanflein

Sometimes it's easy to forget how long Taggie has been telling us about his adventures with his dad and Honey. Smile

Great picture of the moon "event" Tammy. Here's a picture from our campus photographer:

So today my foot hurts. I'm blaming Deez as she gave it the idea. It was fine before.   The good news is, it's taken my mind off my leg. I'm a mess.

33 minutes of pool running today, and yes tomwhite, it's always so nice how the sore bits feel in the water!

7.7 easy

got in a fight with the pavement with about a mile to go, the pavement won. Bloody palms, knees, scraped shoulder and chin. as usual, it looks worse than it feels. the civilians I passed afterwards were shocked and awed at the blood running down my legs and on my hands. it was really nice again today, and shirtless me was watching some birds on the shore and not the rock sticking up in the dirt jogging lane next to the paved bike path. I think that's the third blood-letting I've had running in the last 6 months.

fattozig; Prairie Creek would be good, but that Irvine trail has some steeps! And it's pretty popular with the tourists. I've done the Irvine/Miners ridge loop a few times. An out and back on Lost Man might be OK, or how about the Davison trail between the campground and the elk viewing area, maybe add the Elk Meadow loop if it's too short? Campground would be a good staging area, especially if you reserve the spots there by the meadow.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Surly Bill your story is why I ran on the TM this morning. A 6 mile run. Outside it was dark and DW reported a freezing drizzle had made the roads slick.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/