Masters Running

Wednesday, November 4 Daily runs and such .... (Read 453 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

An easy 3 mile recovery run this morning with Brinkley.   Even though I do love the full moon, it enlightens things that Brinkley would normally not see or lunge at ..... such as that newspaper on the side of the road.    Boy, he killed it!  Wink     Tone Zone was another killer and she had us do walking lunges ..... something she usually does on Thursday - never Tuesday!    Ugh!   I thought of Erika the whole time as my legs slowly turned to rubber.  The side leg lifts with a weight on the lifting leg about did my hips in.    Why do I love that class so?

SteveP - the show is up in Houghton Lake.    You should drive over and see me!  Smile

Happy Hump Day!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good morning Mary, and good dog, Brinkley for pouncing on that nasty newspaper before it got away! Tone Zone sounds like one heck of a workout - think of the wonderful things that class is doing for your legs. Now, get going on that art show coming soon.

Cross training day for me. 6 miles on the eliptical followed with some free weights and machines for upper body and stability ball. I think I'd like to invest in a personal trainer. I feel like I'm getting no where fast, and I'd really like to finish under 2:00 in my January half marathon. Any suggestions, people?

Cranium, I so admire your courage to share memories that are probably very painful and also very personal. This is one of the reasons I like this forum so much. Thank you everyone for the support and friendship you give to Cranium, and anyone who needs a shoulder to cry on every now and then.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning Mary,  Newspapers claim the internet is killing them but maybe it's really Brinkley

I think we runners subconsciencely love the "good pain" of a workout and that's OK as long as it is good.

5 laps around my local park for 5.3 miles easy miles. The acorns are disappearing. 

Have A Great Day!!!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Tramps

Mary—cute dog pics yesterday.

Ribs—a belated congrats on that race result.  Nice!

(((Erika)))

Cranieum—you’re a courageous guy.

Aamos—one word of advice: Netflix.

Tempo Tuesday Wednesday.  7.2 miles total; middle 5 @ 7:17.  Nice 39F temps and sunny day; IRC!

It was turkey day here, too.  Saw about five of them scurrying across the road up ahead.

ETA:  I just realized that I hit an annual mileage PR sometime last week.   Sort of snuck up on me.

Be safe. Be kind.

Renee the dog

Hey folks!

8 miles this morning (not a PBJ Special -- took 1:18 and change to complete, but I'm not complaining!).  Darn Renee stole my water!  I only had about 4 oz with me for both of us, and she LICKED THE BOTTLE right as I got the cap off.  Blech!  Then she didn't even drink the rest, just played with it.  dog.

Thanks for the kind remarks about my family's photo.  I chalk the good photo up to the fact that we travel well together.  But, we're nothing compared to Mary's dogs!  They are the most beautiful creatures ever posted on the internet! 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Morning, gang!

Mary - I'll sleep much better knowing that Brinkley has killed the newspaper ;-).

{{{{{{{{Craneium}}}}}}} - thank you for your story - you rock, my friend.  My friend did exactly as you say - covered up the abuse and hid from it for years.

Leslie - thanks -you are right as well.  Her first words to me were that I was a source of strength for her - only wish I could have been more.

Carolyn - I'm checking on the statute of limitations in Arkansas.  I suspect it is too late.   She did confront the abuser, and he just made excuses (alcohol, drugs, etc).

Thanks to everybody for the kind comments.  You folks are better than a therapist ;-).   I wrote a long letter to my friend last night, and I feel much better.

7 sproinky miles on the track this morning @ 9:23 and 158 AHR.  It was 39 degrees with a light breeze - delightful!

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

6 easy miles at 9:30 pace.

I guess it might be considered a good thing, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting down to the recovery paces I should be doing after Hard running days.  I know some of you are scratching your heads trying to figure out why anyone would be trying to go slower (hi Erika!).  But Tinman showed me it works.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

Cranium, I so admire your courage to share memories that are probably very painful and also very personal.

My sentiments exactly.

Mary – side leg lifts with weights – sounds painful.  I have to try that. 

5.1 easy-paced miles in 41° on tired legs, including 5 sets of 60 bounding, uphill leaps at the end of the run.  Probably looked pretty silly to the high schoolers heading to their bus stop.  Shoulder presses, dumbbell curls, butterflies after the run.

I feel tired today, not really sure why.  I know this tax class I'm taking Mon-Wed nights, and finding time to get the homework done (nearly 4 hours for each class) is wearing on me.  Just a couple more weeks and I'll be done, though. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Nono - you are so sweet - but family and especially children pictures trump dog pictures any day!   

Holly - the classes will be worth the time and effort.   Two more weeks .... it is like taper time!!  Big grin

I think writing that letter was good therapy Sue.  I am sure she will really appreciate it too.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika - just read the end of yesterday's daily.  So you've had a couple stress fractures and didn't even know it?  Yup, you are definitely tough.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

wtg Brinkley!    Mary, that picture is priceless.

hi!   again a quick post.      I'm leaving work early to go to the sports med doctor.  I'm hoping this time I can get some semi-solid information about my knee!     

Sue, I agree with all the comments yesterday.  I'm glad you're feeling better... and that you wrote a letter to your friend.  

Craneium... due to lack of time, I'll echo Jlynne's comment too.

((( erika's foot!!!  ))

Carolyn, how cool you ran into the RD wearing your shirt! 

Tim, I'm happy all things are pointing to a great marathon for you!

still doing my every other day run till for now.  hope for clearance today.      so today was a walk with a very happy Sadie (do you want to go for a walk = 4 high jumps) , with about .75 mile of running in the middle. she has a problem with her leg, i need to work her back to this gradually.      then a minicore workout, which i'll finish later.  really, I will.  ;-).

ok gotta go! 

Hi all,

I am about to go out for a run after a morning of work calls on the heels of the marathon and work travel---more work travel tomorrow. I am a rolling stone and all that. Gorgeous day here and my legs aren't sore. 

I did want to say how much I admire and respect Sue and Craneium. I admire and respect all of you and just wanted to add special emphasis to S and C based on yesterday's posts. 

Great photos in here as well--Nonoruns---that was a fabulous picture and I grin whenever I see you and the family. I bet you are the cool family everyone wants to know. Mary, your dogs are gorgeous and while Mr. CNYrunner is still lobbying for a Rhodesian Ridgeback, I am thinking otherwise.

(((((Erika's foot and all undiagnosed stress fractures))))))

King of PhotoShop

I hope Nono doesn't tell her family that they are not as attractive as Mary's dogs.

Same workout for me today as Breger in time and distance.

That side leg lift with the weights I call "fire hydrants" as that is what Egret calls them.  I haven't done them in a while, but when I did I had a 5 lb. weight velcro-strapped to my ankle.  This feels like an IT band exercise.

Nice tempo there Tramps.  Spareribs

TammyinGP

Good morning all. I think it's been awhile since I've contributed to the daily, even though I usually pop in periodically throughout the day and lurk.

Ran 7 miles at the track with Laura last night. Tuesday has sort of morphed into our track night and we aim for one hour of running, but then usually run a few minutes longer to get in a nice round number. So 7 miles, 1:05 something. I bit slower, by a minute or less, then previous track nights. I was glad that there was still youth football practice going on in the infield, so the lights were turned on as it started getting dark. Even without the field lights on though, I think there will be enough other light from the streets, etc. to run.

Erika, sorry to hear of this diagnosis, but some diagnosis is better than none. Glad you didn't do more damage then what's there by continuing to run long distances on those stress fx's.

sue and cranium - i'm saddened to hear each of your respective stories, but thank you for sharing. I would imagine that there are several here affected by such things in their past. It's a staggering, and sobering, number of children that have had to endure such things.

Tammy

Renee the dog

I hope Nono doesn't tell her family that they are not as attractive as Mary's dogs.

Hey, I was in that photo too! 

CNY, I'm afraid we're that weird family people are trying to figure out.  I recently quipped to a former neighbor,  "You know we really aren't in the witness protection program."  She got a funny look on her face and said she never believed that rumor.    It was hard not to laugh out loud.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!