Masters Running

Scans, treatments, etc. update (Read 200 times)

munchkn883

Went in to get my scan results a week ago this past Wednesday (don't remember the date). Dr. B was pleased as I had no new spots and the ones I have were only slightly larger! The next day I flew out to TX to spend a week with DD1 and family. While there MrMunch flew out to surprise me on our 15th wedding anniversary! It was wonderful! Thursday I spoke with the protocal nurse from the clinical trial and she told me as of now I'm scheduled to get four more treatments beginning May 6!! I'm so excited!! Unfortunately, I now have lymphedema in my right arm and my neck and face are swelling. I'll start PT this Tuesday to learn how to manage the swelling. Today I walked 8 wonderful miles into Umstead Park. Weather was fantastic! Life is good!!

#artbydmcbride

Smile Good luck with the treatments in May, Munchkn. Happy Anniversary to you and MrMunch! Smile

Runners run

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

If Dr. B is pleased, than I am, too! Good news and a happy note, Munch, thanks. Happy Anniversary to you and the mister! Buehrle (Burr-Lee) formerly RCG

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

nowor

Congratulations to the Munches! Four more treatments and the cancer spots can't believe how tough you are. Sorry about the lymphedema and swelling but you know the difference between (really) annoying and IMPORTANT stuff like getting 8 mi walk in. You remind us just how good life is. Thanks!
            munch, I am glad to read this post and hear some good news. Congratulations on your anniversary. It's neat you get to see your daughter and her family. Nice eight miles. Good luck with the swelling and final treatments. TomS
              Great to hear the good news about treatment and even better, the surprise visit for your anniversary. I am glad you were able to get out for what sounds like a great walk. Sorry about the lymphedema, but I am guessing you'll show it who is boss.
                Good luck with the new treatments, the PT and everything else going forward. You have been so strong it is and will continue to pay off.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

SteveP

I love 8 wonderful miles. Life is good

SteveP

Hooray for romantic husbands, children, grandchildren, and most of all, positive attitudes!Big grin
                    Tramps

Sounds like good news! Thanks for the update.

Be safe. Be kind.