Masters Running

Thursday 11/8 daily (Read 322 times)

Sorry to hear of your Dad passing Dive, but good that you managed to get there beforehand.  I regretfully did not see my Mum before she passed a month ago.  I hadn't seen her in over 2 years, and that just wasn't right.

Had my headlamp on this morning, so I thought I would brave a dark and shady trail.  Whoops, even the headlamp wasn't quite enough as I banked the wrong way at one point and almost ran into some trees.

Only had time for 3 miles, so I made them up-tempo.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

I just didn't really want to get up this morning, but managed to drag my butt out the door a little after 7 and ran the other way today. I ended up on sort of a seedy section of Union St, but then it got into a nicer area on 12th. I was looking for an art supply store we'd heard about, and the guy at the hotel thought it was on 12th. Nope... so I asked a cop who was sitting in his car by the intersection. I figured I could distract him from any possible speeders and have him actually help me. Sure enough, I was up too far. On my way to Broadway (where the store was), I found a nice little park (Carl or Cal Anderson Park) with a little cinder trail going around it. Did three laps of that (about .3 mile each), then headed down what looked like a quieter residential street. Glad I did! Nice streets with houses, a school (Lowell Elementary) and virtually no traffic! How nice! Ended up at a Conservancy (not sure what it was, but had signs commemorating the "Conservancy Centennial") with cinder type trails all around it. Ran around those a bit, then headed back. Ended up with 6.2 miles (a good 10k) in 52 minutes, with stops at intersections of course, and to peek in the windows of the art shop which we'll head back to here soon.

A beautiful day, clear and sunny this morning but chilly at 39° which made me wish I'd packed gloves. Still better than home though, where DH reports another day at -24° this morning, but it should warm up to the 20's (above) by this weekend.

Dave59

So sorry for your loss, Divechief. As everyone else has said, it was good that you were able to be there.

Me too Divechief.  Tough stuff to go through.

Rest day for me.  On Monday I was happy to have my first run in a month without the gastritis pain, but it only lasted half a day.  I went ahead and called the doctor today and set up an appointment for next week.  Just want to make sure it isn't something more than what they diagnosed the first time.  It's manageable but extremely irritating.  I seem to have fully adjusted to life without coffee or beer or chili, etc.  If I this ever gets fixed, I'm not sure if I'll go back to any of that stuff or not.

wildchild

Carolyn

Dave/Dive, I'll add my condolences on the loss of your dad.  Hugs to you and your mom.

Erika, glad to hear your dad is doing better, and you're getting out and exploring during your runs.

I ran 5.6 trail miles at lunchtime.  Cool and partly sunny here, with snow predicted by Saturday.  I saw 4 white pelicans at Cherry Creek Reservoir - I thought they'd all migrated south by now.  My bruises from the fall I took during the trail marathon last weekend are turning some interesting colors!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

C-R

I'm sorry for your loss Dive. You were there with family and that is a good thing. Hang on to all those good memories and it wil help.

Opie = boy scout. Well done sir! Hope those headaches abate.

Roch - we've had U verse for several years and I love it. Except every now and then you need to reboot the main box.

A qucik six tonight. I registered for a 5k XC masters only race this weekend. Should be fun.

Cheers all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Sorry for your loss Divechief...

5 miles today, still trying to get over this cold...

I'm sure glad I'm back running with my old training partner...otherwise I wouldn't want to get out of bed...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Bushrat Runner

Divechief, condolences. 

Swam an hour today, managed in that time to get in about what my kids get in their warmup for swim training, somewhere in the 1,000 to 1,200 yard range. Not anything very impressive. Feels good though.