Masters Running

Wednesday 4-24 Guess What Day It Is???? Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike (Read 41 times)

I'll get us started but no time for a real recap.   We are running, going to the gym and not sleeping!  We are healing, proud of kids, enjoying pets and enjoying spring emerging.

4.1 miles outside this morning.  This might be it for today.  I need a little more rest for my legs than I've been getting.   Have a greta day, y'all.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

Good morning KSA and those to follow.

I ran 4 at the park this morning. My last mile was the fastest again like on Monday. Takes me a while to warm-up these days. Also, as I was almost to the start of mile 4 I came across the same woman that I crossed paths with a dozen times last week. I did not want a replay of the awkward wave or don't wave scenario, so I took off and got as far in front of her as I could. Where I would have normally taken a walk break I just kept going.

Hockey was wild last night. Both teams I was pulling for won. I didn't stay up to watch the 2nd game but I watched the highlights this morning. I have a couple very good friends in Vegas who are going to be very depressed today. I got one of them interested in hockey many years ago by dragging him to see the Buffalo Sabres play in Pittsburgh a couple times. Nothing like seeing a game live to learn to like it. He now goes to many games in Las Vegas and his wife is as big a fan as he is.

Tramps

I'll get us started

Thank goodness. I think we can all agree I shouldn't be doing that again.

Great win for the B's last night. You need depth players to show up this time of year.

Didn't stay up for the late-late game but that was a crazy way to end a season. I've got no dog in this fight: (1) that Vegas cross-check was a 2-minute minor, not a 5-minute major, so their fans have a legitimate complaint but (2) that has got to be one of the worst penalty kill meltdowns of all time. Epic. Vegas has only itself to blame there.

Crazy, crazy year in the hockey playoffs....including three of the four division leaders eliminated in the first round and the fourth--my Caps--facing possible elimination tonight in Game 7.  Go Caps!

My bum knee's been achy the last couple of days for no reason, and I'm doing a house project that'll have me up and down on it all day, so I think I'm going to give it the day off. No run for me.

Be safe. Be kind.

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks for the start, KSA. I'm glad you got outside for a morning run, even though you'd rather have been sleeping. So leg rest if you are fatigued isn't a bad idea either.

Dave, maybe you need to arrange to see that woman near the end of all your workouts everyday so you can sprint away for a fast finish.

Sorry about the bum knee, Tramps. Giving it some rest is probably a great idea. Good luck with the house project.

I also had a poor night's sleep last night, and also got out for a workout this morning. I woke up early, and so was out the door by a couple 'a minutes before 4. I had left my Garmin at the office yesterday, so I went nekkid this morning, and followed the same route as yesterday for another 7.1 miles. My headlamp picked up the eyes of 4 deer crossing the road early on. They kept looking back at me so I kept my headlamp pointed in their direction and could see where they their eyes were until I was past them - mildly amusing. There was a steady mist the whole time this morning, and it evolved into more of a fog down by the coast - when I got back and was lying on the floor to do my stretching, the cat came over to lick the residual mist moisture from my beard. It's not often that I get personal grooming like that. I mixed in some EZ racewalking this morning for the first time in over a week, and my damstring held up pretty well. I'll add in a bit more tomorrow, and will see what happens then.

Have a greta - what day is it???

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks.

Super busy at work with end-of-month deadlines again.

42 degrees for my run this morning.  My foot still hurt, but now it is more on the top of the foot than the outside.  I think I will resume the PT exercises I was doing in the fall to see if that helps.  Prolly should have been doing them all along...but I have never had foot problems before, so was hoping the strain last fall was a fluke.

What did I do before I had Pandora all day at work?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

Quick post to say I’m going to be offline for awhile.  My brother died last night and we’re on the train to brooklyn

hug your families and run, walk, bike and swim for us

marj

TammyinGP

oh Marj, I'm so sorry to hear that.  My thoughts are with you and your family. 

Hoping to run this afternoon after work. Came in about 7:15 a.m. so will leave early and take advantage of a nice afternoon. 

David still sore but has a follow up this afternoon. Doc said it'd be sore for awhile, so I guess this is to be expected. too bad that now that it's warming up and perfect tennis weather, he's out for awhile.  Guess that means he has more time for studying 

Tammy

Marj- I'm so sorry for your family's loss.   Thinking of you.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marj so sorry for the loss of your brother -- lots of prayers and love your way!!

Spin class = 11.5 miles in 45 minutes, 10 min rower, upper body strength and core work

Need to get packing for Italy!! Starting to lay out my clothes - I always overpack and trying hard not to do that this time!!

Make it a great day!!

denise

Marj - I'm sorry about your brother's death. Losing a sibling is hard. Take care and safe travels.

Thanks for the start today KSA. Steve hasn't been posting - I hope things are ok with him and he's just super busy (she said, thinking about the ski mask post from a couple of weeks ago )

Take it easy on that knee today Tramps, in case you have to jump out of your chair tonight watching that hockey game!

I'm sorry David's tennis will have to wait for a while Tammy. Hopefully the doc will clear him soon. Those young bones heal a lot more quickly than our old ones.

45 minutes on the Matrix high stepper this morning, then a 4.5 mile run with the Y girls. An absolutely beautiful morning here - clear blue skies, no wind and great company. Since we live in a condo and don't have a "yard" per say any more, I've volunteered to go help a Y friend clean up his yard today.

Have a great hump day everyone!

dg.

Marj, I'm so, so sorry.     Thank you for letting us know.   Love & hugs to you & all of your family.

...Jeanne I've been wondering about Steve too.

Marj - I'm real sorry to hear about your brother.  You know your RA family is keeping you close in our thoughts and prayers.  {{{Hugs!!}}

Steve hasn't been posting - I hope things are ok with him and he's just super busy (she said, thinking about the ski mask post from a couple of weeks ago )

Holly - Sure which that foot of yours would decide what it wants to do.  You may have to bite the bullet and stay off it until you have at least 3-4 days without any pain.  Listen to your inner PT.

1 hr of core/ST/PT.  Trying to stay positive, but am failing a bit today.  Oh well.

My office looks like a bomb went off.  Gotta get some clean up done so I can figure out which file has been on the back burner the longest . . . even though it's all of them. *sigh*

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Marj}}}

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Marj--so sorry about your loss.

Take it easy on that knee today Tramps, in case you have to jump out of your chair tonight watching that hockey game!

I'm not a jumper. However, I have been known to share a considerable amount of unsolicited coaching advice.

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Very sorry to hear that Marj. Safe travels

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.