Masters Running

Saturday, 11.12.16 (Read 31 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I hope your 5K goes well today, Dave. Thanks for the Speedbump.

Good job on your 3.1, Stumpy. And congrats to your DW on being crutches-free.

Nice tri (swimming, TM, core/weights), Holly! If you are an old lady, then I think a lot of older women would aspire to be like you!

Good early workout, Leslie. I remember those 3 women - terrifying tale.

Starr, I don't know how much the final Seacoast Half entry was auctioned for - too many other details are swirling... Nice windy run for you. Have fun with the grand kids.

Nice 6-miler with some frost, Evanflein. Enjoy the 'day trip' to Seattle!

Nice nekkid 5-miler, Clark. Get in the pool - you won't sink.

Lookin' good in your Holly cape, Tet.

3.8 easy walking miles in 32F temps, under clear skies this morning. Still babying the hammy. Then I went solo to our favorite dive for breakfast, since DW is away at a trade show and for a few days of R&R with a sister. She left on Wednesday and returns Monday evening. I think we are in good shape for tomorrow's Seacoast Half, but I keep wondering what I've forgotten. I hate when I do that, but I can't not do that.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...mornin' jay..........

,,,,,,,,,yep,

getting into trunks and into the pool is a Humbling Experience at first

of course,

12-years later, ain't no biggie

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Hello Jay and Tom and the rest of you still to come....

It was 27 degrees when I woke up - the coldest morning so far.  However, as soon as the sun came up it warmed up quite a bit, and was somewhere in the upper 30's when I did my run.

6 miles total.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

Had a nice 5k today. Knocked a few minutes off my time from a few weeks ago so I guess I am getting my legs & lungs back a bit.

33°

29:05

9:22 pace

2 of 2 in 50-59

9 of 44 overall

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Nice work, Dave. I keep hoping to find a little race like that.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Nice job, Dave.

Jay - Good luck with the Half tomorrow!  Monday you'll remember what you forgot you were supposed to remember. 

I can't swim.  I can dog paddle, but that generally doesn't get you very far.

12 very slow miles at Headwaters.  Lots of climbing so LOTS of high HR alarm going off.  It's driving me crazy!!  I finally got so mad the last 2 miles, I turned it off.  I just couldn't take it anymore.  I know that's the wrong attitude, but it was better than throwing my Garmin on the ground and stomping all over it.  

It's been so long since we've done any significant climbing, it killed both of us.  We were supposed to do 14, but agreed on 12 and each finishing up our last 2 miles tomorrow.

I'm at work right now and feeling extremely burned out on this whole medical marijuana permitting thing.  I planned to work about 4 hours today, but I also have to go work with The Hub tomorrow, and right now the thought of doing either is pushing me to the edge.  But I guess I signed up for this mess, so I need to just do my best and get on with it.  *sigh* Thanks for letting me gripe.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Popping in for a quick "hello" and ma really looking forward to Jay's party, um I mean race, tomorrow.

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Head Procrastinator

Hi All, good luck on the race tomorrow, Jay and Kirsten!

Tom, swim on!

Leslie, anything over an hour kicks my ass so it's all a matter of persepctive.

I haven't posted much this week and am woefully behind on what else goes on so just gonna recap my week

Weights, run and vote, run and whine over election results, weights, run, burn hiit gym class.

Plan to MTB ttomorrow

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

Have a great race party tomorrow LaT and Jay!! Wish I was going to be with you but I'll be there in spirit as I run the Cambridge 1/2 tomorrow!

denise