Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 11.22.17 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Tuesday's workouts:

RunnerKSA (4.1 TM miles, including 2 pre-work and 2.1 post-work)

Quickadder (5@5 with DD, plus .13 of strides 9n 47° temps)

Dave59 (gym morning)

Jlynne (4.5 monring miles with the Y girls, + 20 min of weights + spin class)

Henrun (3.1 windy, warmer miles)

Fatozzig (1 AM hr of core/ST - day 5 with no butt pain)

Tomwhite (60 min in-house)

Twocat (1 hr on the elliptical watching The Orville)

Tramps (28 mile blustery lunchtime bike ride with Tribee)

Pfriese & Opie (5 morning miles)

Catwhoorg (11 miles)

Bioguy (9.5 bike miles with DW)

Wildchild (5 neighborhood miles in 2" of new snow)

Holly (8 morning TM miles watching Poldark)

Surly Bill (4 miles, with middle 3K in 12:00)

Tet (4 rain-free miles with puddle dodging)

I woke up this morning at 3:15 - a few minutes late 'cause my alarm (which I almost never use anyway) failed to sound. I got DN #1 to the airport in plenty of time for her 6:15 flight (which she said was almost full). Got home, made some coffee, woke up DW, had breakfast and got to the office on time at 7. Unfortunately, there was no time for a workout this morning, which is just as well - I was still a little achy from spending 5.5 hours up and down a ladder, staining a storage shed yesterday 'cause it had to be done, it was mild enough, and there won't be many more days like that before Spring.

Travel safely if that is what you're doing to get to your Thanksgiving dinner, race well lf you're Turkey Trotting, and be nice to the relatives around the table.

And have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Thanks, Jay.

Yep, have a great Thanksgiving all.

Exercises + 4-mile run for me today.

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Fortunately, we’re walking across the street tomorrow. Memories of three hours of traffic jams on the way to Rochester for many years are still fresh.

Hope the holiday is fun for all.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

mrrun

We're driving three miles and I'm quite happy.  Many memories of driving, bus, and train are not fond!

Happy Thanksgiving all!

marj

no run today - twocat's rule - it's bucketing kittens and poodles!

1:05:00 on my tri bike indoor trainor this morning.....dedicated my cool down song to David Cassidy as I rode to "I think I love you" by the Partridge Family.

Chiro appt done, now off to volunteer at the Feaster Five expo all afternoon again. I have to pick up the chocolates for the VIPs as well.

Tonight will have to make a sweet potato casserole for my hubby to take to the family dinner tomorrow and making a wild rice, quinoa, cranberry, almond salad for me to take to work.

Happy day before Thanksgiving friends!!

denise

...Claire's here for a Visit.....

she thinks

my walking around in circles is Hilarious

...also.....is there a word that rhymes with ''Circle'' ??..........we're trying to write another Country and Western Hit

==========

.........45-min indoor walking (so far)

...........pps........''Angela Merkle'' doesn't count as a Word........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, another fun group run this morning.  And guilt-free since DW and DS#2 are still asleep when I leave for the run.  This one was shorter...and faster.  One member of the group has several fast kids.  His youngest, 14 year old daughter, will be running the Footlocker South Regional this weekend.  So after a first mile above 8 minutes/mile, the rest (another 5+) were under 8 min/mile--including my last at 7:15.  Afterwards we had coffee at their house and wished her good luck.

We'll be making side dishes today (just finished cleaning/prepping the kitchen) so we only have to make the turkeys tomorrow.  Most of my fryer parts have been located but I'll have to clean those today as well.  We'll brine both birds tonight.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning folks. Glad to see so many posts already this morning. I'm sorry you missed your workout Jay, but good for you for grabbing a couple of extra zzz's.  And great news that your airport run was uneventful.

4 miles this morning Tramps. Your secret is safe with us! Doing a turkey trot tomorrow?  And how's that woodwork project coming along?

Yay that Kevin and Marj don't have to drive far for their Thanksgiving dinner!

Knowing you Deez, you volunteered to work tomorrow so someone else could have off. And that salad sounds much better than sweet potato casserole

4 miles this morning. It was cold! I can't figure out how to keep my hands warm. I had on a pair of gloves and mittens and my fingertips were white by the time I got in.  I'm doing a 5 mile turkey trot tomorrow. Think I'll have to search for some hand warmers.

Twocat - we don't turn our Christmas lights on until December. It can get pretty darn could around here, and it's always more enjoyable to put everything up without having to freeze during the process (see the paragraph above).  There are already houses with Christmas trees in front of windows all lit up. Much too early for that!

We watched "Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown" last night since it was filmed in Seattle. I'd be interested to get Tet's take on it. Most of the show was focused on tech geeks, legal marijuana and serial killers. Not so much on the great restaurants and food there. I liked his old shows better. Anyway, if you get a chance Tet, watch it and tell us what you think.

I signed up this afternoon to help hand out bib numbers for the race tomorrow. The forecast looks promising. We'll see...

Safe travels to all who are traveling today!

Thanks, Jay and have a good holiday weekend, everyone.

3.5 miles outside this morning.  Chilly but felt good to be out in the fresh air again.   2 miles on the treadmill during early evening news.

Playing with my new iPhone X and trying to master all the new features.  I think I like it a lot.

Driving 2 miles to a friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner.  Daughter is off in Colorado visiting friends and son is here with us.  He finally gets his MRI tonight.  ( Still dealing with insurance....)   I might run with the local running group in the morning, but I'll be way behind them.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Hi-Dee Ho, All ~~

It's another warm one here.  Yesterday we hit a record high of 72.  Craziness.

I threw caution to the wind and wore jeans to work today.  We'll see how sitting goes.  (If have a pair of sweats available, just in case . . .)

I used to dance a lot with our old guy, Fatso.  But since he's been gone, Goofy has had to carry the mantle of partner.  Sometimes he's not so sure about it, but too bad.  I'm currently trying to teach him the jitterbug.  . . . just kidding . . . about the jitterbug part.

Denise - That salad recipe sounds wonderful.  Care to share how it's done??

I like watching some of Anthony Bourdain's stuff, but he sort of irked me a few years ago when he was talking smack about other chefs who ended up with their own TV shows.  Said they had "sold out."  . . . . Isn't that kind of the pot calling the kettle black??

It's just The Hub and me for Thanksgiving, so there won't be anything fancy going on.  We'll make a turkey so we have leftovers in the freezer, the smell in the house, and the carcass for stock.  And I'm gonna look for a recipe that calls for Brussel sprouts and bacon.  He's not a sprout fan, so I got asparagus, as well.  That and salad and we'll call it good.

Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Leslie, that's the main reason I like having Thanksgiving at home: the turkey leftovers and carcass. We used to go to my in-laws and MIL would give us a little baggie with some leftover turkey in it, and then she'd throw out the carcass. I was horrified. So then she started letting me take it home. It's just us, DS1 and his DW and my parents for dinner tomorrow, so it'll be the 6 of us. DS1's only job yesterday was to take the turkey out of the freezer in the garage, and he forgot. So we're already behind. Yay, just the way I like it.

I have never traveled far for Thanksgiving and don't think I would. Other than going to Hawaii the last few years to spend it with DS2 when he was in the Marines, but that's different.

Deez's salad does sound good. Would love the recipe...

Ran 5.65 miles in a snowstorm yesterday. Well, not really a snow storm but it was coming down pretty good. Forecast was for later in the evening but I guess the skies didn't check with the weatherman. By the time I was coming back up the hill, my footprints from the trip down were already filled up quite a bit with snow! That was enough of that nonsense for me. It's still snowing. Tonight will be a treadmill run, probably after I get my still frozen turkey in the bucket of brine.

....just found out DD2 is fixing Oyster Casserole, one of our Family Dishes  (ohboyohboy)

http://www.southernliving.com/recipes/oyster-casserole-recipe

..as one

of my Uncles said

''It's Really Good if you like oysters,

if you don't it isn't worth a damn''

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy Thanksgiving eve, everybody!

I met a friend (who lives 1,000 ft higher than I do) down in town for a run, since we wanted to escape the snow at our houses. It's crazy warm in town - we ran in shorts and tee shirts!  7.8 trail miles on a gorgeous day - very steep and technical trails, so it took two hours.

I'm staying home for the holiday - my DD and DSIL are coming up this afternoon and staying through the weekend!  Yay!  They only live 40 minutes from here, but they're both busy with school and work, so it'll be nice to have some time to relax together.  We're not doing a turkey since my DD is currently trying a vegan diet, but I did get a chicken to roast, for me and DSIL.  My DH is still away on his solo van trip - he's in Joshua Tree National Park, doing some rock climbing, but we'll try to Skype with him at some point.

Tomwhite, enjoy your time with Claire!  Glad she finds your walking in circles so amusing.

Jeanne, glad you don't actually turn your holiday lights on now - it does make sense to install them before the weather gets too cold,  though!  I don't bother to put up outdoor lights since no one would see them but me.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

This is a public service announcement. DO NOT buy cranberry sauce in a can or jar!! It is awful! Nothing but colored sugar I tell you! Save yourself and your family. Buy a bag of cranberries. Follow the super simple recipe at http://allrecipes.com/personal-recipe/63303962/drunken-cranberry-sauce/. It is my recipe and I can tell you from years of experience it is easy to make and tastes way better than anything you will get at a supermarket or deli.

I now return you to running posts.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

bioguy

Hi all

6 windy miles at around a 10:30 average.

Spent a frustrating morning at the department of motor vehicles this morning. There's a man in New Jersey, smae first name, middle initial, and last name as me and the exact same birthdate. He's a convicted felon and had his license revoked. Every time I come up for renewal I get a huge hassle. 8 years ago I thought I had it resolved and had a letter in my file, but nope, teh specter came back again today. I was pleasant, polite, and persistent and asked to see the branch administrator. Took 2 hours in all, but left with my license. Really needed to run when i got home to release all that pent up frustration.

Need to cook a little tonight; traveling a couple hours tomorrow to large gathering at brother-in-laws house, but will meet running friends at 8am.

Tailwinds!