Masters Running

Friday 9-11, runs and rests (Read 419 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow - no one has started the thread yet?

Tone Zone last night.   I can feel the burn.  Smile

Rest day for me.  Thank goodness!!   I am SO tired today.   Now that my kids are grown and out of the house, I thought my waiting up nights were over.   But last night DD#1 came over and got Brinkley to take him for a walk with some friends and another dog.   So I had to wait up for Brinkley to come home.       Lucky for him, he made his 10:00 curfew ..... barely.      He had a fun night and slept good.

Cheers!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

wait up for the dog... funny!

A cool front moved in and it was IRC 56° (yipee)

1 mile warmup with Tory and Sadie in 10:25 then 7 miles MP'ish in 56:04 (8:00 pace, AHR 157)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mornin' Hopeful and Perch (and well behaved Brinkley!)

4.5 miles for me at 6:45 am---overcast and breezy, 50º

Feeling fine

Slo

Very nice run yesterday CNY

Last night I got out for an easy 5 miler. Followed that up this morning with 11.67 miles with an average overall pace of 7:38. I did 2 x 4mile tempo's   1st one at 7:29 and the 2nd at 7:21. Very satisfied with todays run.

Hopeful.....thanks for the laugh !  You wouldn't want to wait up for our cat would you ?

Nice runnin Perch......do you have a marathon on the horizon ?

Morning, gang!

Lucky Brinkley - out on a date but not too late ;-).

Perch - love those IRC runs - enjoy them while you can.  Won't be long before we'll be back in tights and long sleeves. 

Carolyn - thanks!  The Dr. prescribed Vicodan, so DH got his first good night of sleep this week.  At least until 3:00 AM when the drug wore off.  I think he's going to go home early today and take a nap.

Eliz - hope you enjoy the Philly half - it's a nice race. 

Leslie - what kind of neighborhood are you working in now?  Ladies of the Day - I thought that was strictly a night job. 

Tall - glad to hear the pain is better - wishing you a speedy recovery.   Check in more often. 

Rain and wind moved into southeast CT this morning, so I opted to run on the treadmill and stay dry.  6.75 easy miles @ 10:12 and 147 AHR. 

Today is Jesse's birthday.  She's celebrating with a nice big frozen marrow bone that will keep her busy until we get home from work. 

We just had a moment of silence at work to remember the losses on 9/11 - brings back some very sobering memories. 

Good runs and a good weekend to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Excellent Tempo run yesterday Holly!

7 GA-paced miles this morning. I felt a little tired from two nights in a row of insufficient sleep, but no big deal.  Tomorrow is probably a travel day and I won't run tomorrow if it is.  (I say "probably" because life cycles may force a change in our plans).

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Nice runnin Perch......do you have a marathon on the horizon ?

Thanks SLO... yes, yes  City of Oaks Marathon Nov 1st and Richmond Marathon Nov 14th

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Eliz – way to go on the HM!

Tallrunner – thanks for checking in and letting us know what’s happening with you.  I think you will be an awesome coach!  And, as you are a fabulous cook, I hope you will share with us the occasional healthy recipe favorite.

Today is x-training day for me.  I had intended to do my lower body stuff last night, so as to avoid DOMS on Sunday's 20-miler, but life got in the way.  1.5 mile recovery run on the TM, followed by my usual lower body workout:

1.Alternating side lunges (20L, 20R), bench step-ups (20L, 20R).
                  2. Weighted squats (30), weighted ballet squats (30), split squats (20L, 20R).
                  3. Single leg bridges (30L, 30R), forward lunges (20L, 20R)

Plus dumbbell curls, bench dips, push-ups, crunches, chin-ups, and 1 set each of dead lifts and glute raises.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Awesome run yesterday, Holly (and CNY too!)

Mary, beautiful photo.

Nice to see La T and Tall drop by.

Aamos, yup, corn’s been a staple for a couple of weeks now.

Leslie—“do the laundry”?  There’s a euphemism I hadn’t heard before.

SLO—you are smokin’ these days.  I look forward to your marathon performance.

14 miles in off and on light drizzle.  Like Perch, we had cooler 58F today with a stiff breeze, which was nice.

2 miles warm-up

10 miles @ MP (7:59) but with cheating--- two untimed walk/water breaks up hills

2 miles cool down

Lesson of the day: wearing a cheap mesh fluorescent vest without a shirt is a bad idea.  After 5 or 6 miles that mesh bears an uncanny resemblance to a cheese grater.  The guys will know what I mean.  Ouch.

Be safe. Be kind.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Lesson of the day: wearing a cheap mesh fluorescent vest without a shirt is a bad idea.  After 5 or 6 miles that mesh bears an uncanny resemblance to a cheese grater.  The guys will know what I mean.  Ouch.

Tramps.. I do alot my m-LR's that way. Sekret is CVS Clear Spots

For further enjoyable reading:

http://www.runworks.com/about235.html

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?filterBy=&skuId=190042&productId=190042&navAction=jump&navCount=3

Good morning, everyone!

Recovery run in a light rain, a bit windy, about 57° (just how I like it).  Actually when I was looking outside I debated whether to grab a long sleeve shirt, but of course didn't need it.

5.1 miles, 47:06, 9:10/mi, AHR 130 (67% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Slo

Thanks fro the props Tramps.

Question:

Why is it you see so many bloody shirts on the Marathon course. I know what shirts I can wear on a long run and which ones I can't. Are these people breaking the rule of "Nothing New" on race day ? Have they not run enough miles to know what can happen. If you sweated off your nip guard well ok then....you might have an excuse.

I feel your pain Tramps.

Tramps

Tramps.. I do alot my m-LR's that way. Sekret is CVS Clear Spots

Yeah, I know.  I use them on long runs.  Today was just a spontaneous experiment gone bad.  Since it fit so loose, I thought I would be okay.  Nope.

SLO--I don't get the marathon thing either.  You'd think people would learn on long runs.

Be safe. Be kind.

Tramps that sounds really awful!  Here is hoping for a speedy recovery and painless skin graphs! 

I am always glued to the 9/11 memorial coverage and have been most of this morning.  The day was particularly personal to me.  My DW worked at 7 WTC and was there the day the planes hit.  I guessed she was probably safe because she was "only" on the 40 something floor and word was the planes hit higher.  But, of course, I was not sure.  It took forever to hear from her, and that was only because she was able to call her friend in SF who called her parents on Long Island NY who called me.  Whatever you may think of Giuliani in general that day he was brilliant.  I will always owe him a debt of gratitude for how he handle the crises.  Every mode of public transportation was drafted into service to get people out of Manhattan.  My DW walked up to Grand Central Station where Metro North trains had been ordered to fill up, head out, do all stops and when they reached the end of the line head directly back (empty) and fill up for another trip out.  My DW was home early that evening.  That is our little story of that day.  May a day like that never happen here again.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Teresadfp

One day at a time

MTA:  Oh, my gosh, Twocat!  How scary.  Our good friends lost their nephew that day.  Most people I know up here have at least some vague connection to one of the victims.  I still remember trying to explain to my 3-year-old daughter what was going on.  I'm glad she doesn't remember much.

4.5 miles with my RP in her neck of the woods this morning.  Lots of hills!  I hate those things when I'm running up them, but I feel good afterwards!

My poor mom - she's the sweetest woman in the world and the weirdest stuff happens to her!  She took her 2006 Chrysler 300 (NICE car) into the dealership on Wednesday to be repaired.  As I always do, she left her key in the ignition and told the service guys where it was in the parking lot.  Someone called her later in the afternoon and said, "Uh, you didn't happen to come pick up your car, did you?"  They couldn't find her car!  It looks as if it has been stolen.  They did give her a rental car, but their insurance company is balking.  Mom doesn't really want another 2006 model, because she's taken really good care of her car and figures she wouldn't get a car in the same condition.  I told my dad they should at least talk to an attorney to see what their options are.

So I will never again leave my keys in the ignition at a dealership!  Yikes.