Masters Running

Fridaily, 4.13.18 (Read 40 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thursday’s workouts:
    RunnerKSA (3 outside morning miles)
    Pfriese (6 windy morning, town & back miles)
    Holly (5 morning TM miles)
    Tomwhite (40 bike minutes in 70’s temps)
    Deeze (7 morning miles with Thursday morning crew)
    Fatozzig (10 min. on stationary bike _ 45 min of core/ST)
    Bioguy (4 post-vet visit miles)
    Tramps (26 lunchtime bike miles)
    Spacityrunner (3 miles ‘round the hood in windy 80° with 4 deer & a rabbit)
    Mike (6.2 miles)
    Falconfixer (5+ post-work miles + 22.7 mi. windy bike ride with a group)
    Mariposai (3.5 EZ miles)

Deez, I’ll be working in the start corals again at Boston on Monday, so I’ll try to come up and say ‘hello’. Orange jackets this year?

Welcome back to the living, Fatozzig. Sorry about what you went through, but I’m glad it was relatively short-lived.

Sorry about the issues with your dog, Bioguy, but I’m glad you were able to move him far enough along that you can still go to the wedding.

I hope the cops on your block were able to catch whoever they were after, S. Bill.

I hope that cushion speeds your healing, Twocat.

Get some sleep, Mike!

Nice duo-workout, Falconfixer.

5.3 relatively EZ RW miles this morning in some intermittent ground fog and 43° temps. I entered a 5K tomorrow morning because they've added a competitive walking div. Should be interesting.

Good luck, big grins, and tailwinds to all who are racing this weekend.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good luck tomorrow, Jay.   My husband and I also have a 5K in the morning in our hometown (the bigger race is up in Nashville and I usually do that one, but didn't want to this year), but with my leg I might not do it- even easy.  Plus- it is supposed to rain....  We shall see.

Only had time for 1.6 miles this morning once I defeated the bed magnet.  Stayed inside to save time and to stay flat.

Our workplace looks like a hockey arena.  We are all allowed to wear jeans if we wear Preds colors, so everyone is in hockey jerseys and fan t-shirts.  Good win last night.  I was asleep way before the end.

Have a greta day, everyone.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Good win last night.

Saw that Forsberg goal highlight this morning. I wonder what idiot team would trade a prospect like that? 

5 miles on the warmest morning so far.  A touch of pollen in the air, too. A sign of things to come.

Good racing this weekend!

Be safe. Be kind.

C-R

Good luck on the race Jay and take it easy on that leg RKSA.

Last day in Boston so got a quick 3.5 on the Charles and Commons. This place is now in full buzz. With the Sox winning and Bruins huge game last night, Boston is in full sports mode. Sad to leave but happy to get back home. Have fun for all those participating on one way or another.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TammyinGP

I'm excited for the Boston buzz in the air!  

Steve - yes, that was a great vid of David. Pure joy, excitement and disbelief.  Tomorrow night he attends his Senior Prom. Maybe he'll let me snap a pic of him before he's off to pick up his date. 

Doc appt this morning and then the plan may be to try to some short TM running next week and see how things feel.

and today is the day, that in addition to doing my work, I need to get logged back into my turbo tax, finish the taxes and cut the checks. big checks too. 

Tammy

Dave59

Ran 8 this morning. Been feeling pretty good the last couple days.

I like my sushi battered and fried.

Thanks for stating us out Jay.  How many people enter the racewalking category?  Are there prizes?  I still am amazed at how many races you all have available to run all year round.  They have some winter ones in Sioux Falls, but that’s an hour away, making packet pickup difficult. I am soooooo glad that I didn’t enter the Chilly Cheeks 10 Mile race that I did last year!  We had 6 inches of snow last Saturday when it was held.

Leslie, I read about your ordeal and am glad that you are better and even got a workout that same day!  I may call you to chat tomorrow during our blizzard, OK?  We are having thunderstorms right now, then 10-12” of snow and 50mph winds on Saturday.  Uff-da!  Parts of SD have predictions off the chart at more than 16”.  This could be really bad for the cattle ranchers everywhere.  The farmers anxious to get into the fields as well.  I think the apple trees are OK here though.  My mantra is: It will melt, it will melt, it will melt…..

Well, the power outages have already started in SW MN. We have an emergency diesel generation plant if ours goes out.  That was a godsend during our epic ice storm 5 years ago.  If we lose power in the City (I work for the Utility Company), it is due to a transmission line going down.  I sure hope this doesn’t happen again. Here are some pictures from 2013

Rural power lines

Ice everywhere

Trees down everywhere. We received FEMA to help with cleanup

No radio for a while

In God we trust

I have been preoccupied with MrStarr and his drinking issues. DS called him on Sunday about it. He has been sober, attentive, kind and just a pleasant person to be around this week because of that conversation. It's nice, but won't solve the issues. Pastor and a deacon are going to come talk to him and want me there. I am anxious about that but I am praying that something good will come out it. Specifically that he will realize that it is a problem and he can't drink at all anymore. Today is his 65th birthday and I found the courage this morning to tell that that we will be meeting with the church leaders. Of course he doesn't want to, but won't have a choice. Those YouTube videos bioguy talked about could be helpful but only if he wants sobriety.

Good running and racing to all this weekend. Here's to tailwinds!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

TammyinGP

at first glance, Starr, I thought those pics were from NOW and couldn't believe MN got that hard hit and I hadn't heard about it yet!   went back and read the lead-in and saw that was from a few yrs back. whew! 
                  still - it's mid April though, I'm sure no amount of snow is welcome!  we had some slushy snow at our place yesterday, even though just on Monday is was mid 70's.  This is a crazy spring and I'm not happy that I haven't even gotten my garden tilled/turned and planted with spring things - like lettuce and peas.

Tammy

pfriese

5 more wind-training miles to the park & back. Boston here I come.

Paul

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good luck on the race Jay and take it easy on that leg RKSA.

Last day in Boston so got a quick 3.5 on the Charles and Commons. This place is now in full buzz. With the Sox winning and Bruins huge game last night, Boston is in full sports mode. Sad to leave but happy to get back home. Have fun for all those participating on one way or another.

Cheers.

You came to Boston and didn't plan on staying until Monday?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Starr - I sent you a message.

Jay - Competitive walking division?  Sweet!

SteveP - I was telling The Hub about that video of David the other night. 

Posie - It sounds like things are coming along for you.

2Kitty - Someone stole your idea:

Rest day for me, since I had to move my workouts around.

The dress code around the office here has been getting lax lately. Our office manager sent out a memo this morning stating that jeans - any color of jeans - are for Fridays only, and people need to start adhering to their 10 min breaks and stop walking around the office talking to everyone whenever they like.  It was put much nicer than that, but there have been a few folks taking advantage of both situations, and I was wondering when the "hammer" would come down.  This is a really great place to work and the partners give the employees a lot of leeway, but I guess they're at the point of enough is enough.

Okay  - I gotta get to it.  Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

[[[Hugs to starr}}

=============

mid-70s here and 30-mph gusts

Luckily

I wore my 30-mph Hat

.............50-min HH 3-4s at soccer fields

still

kinda Bummed Out about my leg hurting on concrete

..on the

Other Hand,

I was never a fan of concrete anyway

.............Good Running to Ya.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Starr - those are amazing pictures!  Hang in there on the DH front, and I am praying for a good outcome.

4.1 miles today.  This would have been a wonderful day to play hooky and do my LR, but early morning client appointments would not allow it.  Tomorrow and Sunday are supposed to be very rainy.  We shall see.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Starr- I'm glad those pictures aren't from now!  It's terrible.  Thinking of you and MrStarr.  It's up to him, but I know how painful it is for you and the rest of the family.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

bioguy

Fattozig- a few years ago lots of teachers wanted to wear jeans more often than Friday. I’m never casual at work; I wear a tie every day of the year and usually a sports coat as well. Many younger teachers like jeans and a polo.

we are in the shenendoah mountains at a resort cabin for my sons wedding. I ran 12 miles on skyline drive today, trying to hit my tempo pace which is to say, marathon race pace. I was a minute/mile slow but given that I live  and train in a pancake flat area, I was pleased. It was also the warmest day I’ve run in 2018 and I ran out of water at mile7. I’ll take it.

tailwinds