Masters Running

Monday's daily, 6.12.17 (Read 32 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Sunday’s workouts:
    Jlynne (4 run/walk miles, then 5 bike miles in warm/humid air)
    Marj (5.5 paperbag miles in HHH at 7am)
    RunnerKSA (1.2 sore recovery miles with hillage in Cumberland Gap Nat. Park)
    Henrun (4 run/walk mile in early AM heat)
    BerthaSlayer (5 better-than-yesterday miles)
    Catwhoorg (12.5 miles including 7 X 1200 VO2max intervals - didn’t suck)
    Holly (8.8 miles in 75-80° and bright sun)
    Stumpy (3.8 quick ‘plodding’ miles)
    Twocat (6 miles in beautiful sunny warm weather)
    Evanflein (4.3 progressive pace miles on the TM)
    Spacityrunner (3 trail miles in the heat)
    Mariposai (run up Kemel grade before 4 hours of morel hunting)

Looks like all but the northwest is ‘enjoying’ some mighty warm weather. At least here in New England, the tide should turn on Tuesday night, so we just have to hang in till then.

Congrats on a good Friday with the 3 GSs, Jlynne. Good, busy day all around.

RunnerKSA, you rocked that H&MC Marathon! Huge congrats on the AG and SGM awards!

Henrun, I’d love to see you back at the Market Square Day 10K some day! But maybe I’ll see you at the Great Island 5K in Oct. this year.

Gotta love those system upgrades, Fatozzig.  I’ll bet Dave has a thought or two about that…

Good speed work, Cat.

Agreed, Holly - weekends do fly by!

Yikes, Mike - could anything else happen to you yesterday? Maybe it’s a good thing you didn’t go for a run…

Stumpy, I’d much prefer to be Chicked than Mastered. I pity the sexist bozos who can’t deal with being passed by a woman. However, being passed by a race walker really sucks.

No, no sympathy, Twocat. (grins)

I’m glad the new drive belt on your TM is making such a good difference, Evanflein.

It’s a good thing there were rewards other than the number or morels you found on your mountain hike, Mariposai.

I did about 3.5 hrs of yard work early yesterday, and then, since we're looking into storage sheds, DW and I took a trip to see some of the most expensive ones around (Reeds Ferry, which is in Hudson, NH). They were impressive. Now we're looking at far less expensive options, but at least we know what components are important for us, and what to look for in the structure itself. SRD today, so I did some reading, and some rolling around on my lacrosse ball to work out some persistent knots.

Have a greta (not too hot) Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks, Jay.  I am SO glad it's over!

2.1 miles this morning that I can't believe I got through!  Slogging and very sore quads, but got a mile out there and decided I needed to get back home!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks.

No run for me today - about 50 minutes of weights and core instead.  I need to find a way to get back to doing this more often - I am turning to flab.

Mondays are better with chocolate.  I restocked my medicinal chocolate supply in my desk last week.  It helps.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

erika - we're used to it being 40-50o colder up there than everyone else but not so much that much warmer.  Do you pretty much get into the nineties every year?  Has anyone else gotten into the nineties yet this year too?  Where's amy?

MikeE - whew, I thought you'd retired or something with everyone all-of-a-sudden taking advantage of your new-found "spare" time but glad to know it was just a regular Sunday and you'll get a chance to rest up at work for the rest of the week.  Enjoy it while it lasts. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I am turning to flab.

Yeah, right   And I agree - chocolate in desk drawers (for medicinal purposes only) is always a good idea!

Jay - will you build the storage shed yourself after you find the design you like best?

Take good care of those sore quads RunnerKSA. They served you well last weekend!

Good morning Tet. No 90's here yet, though when it gets warm and humid like it's been here the last few days, us "northerners" forget about the cold, miserable winters we regularly complain about and start complaining about the hot, humid summers. Guess we're just never happy....

Speaking of warm, humid conditions - it was already 78° windy and humid at 5:30 this morning. I slogged out 5.1 miles of a run/walk. I can't complain about the weather, but it's a lot warmer than I like for running.

Great picture of Henry on FB yesterday, doing his best Truman Capote impression!

Yes, I miss Amy too and hope she's doing well.

mrrun

Congrats to Jay as he has been awarded Race Director of the Year by the New England 65+ Club.  He won't get the award until September, but I thought everyone should know!

we walked at j o'clock and I biked around 7, but no running in this HHH - yes, tet - we're on day 2 of the 90's

marj

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Excellent news about Jay!  Best RD evah.

So Friday I finally heard back on the CT scan that I had on Monday.  It's clean!  Nice.

So I ran 8 miles on Saturday, and 15 on Sunday, and the music that I listen to while I run has never sounded better.

Such a good feeling.

TammyinGP

Great news for Coastwalker/Jay! Thanks for sharing that with us Marj!

Excellent news PBJ!

I can't believe that So.Or, that is usually so warm/bordering on hot this time of the year, is one of the "cold" spots of the country right now. I'm not even sure we hit 60 on Saturday and it was rainy. I did go for a 6.7 mile run when I thought it looked like the rain had mostly stopped but by the time I was done running with Bella (I run about 3.5 miles with each dog), it was raining pretty steady, but then Bailey was so excited I was home that I couldn't tell her we weren't going running. She's a lab, she could care less about rain! So, out for another run with her and this time it started raining hard - well, hard for the PNW which is usually more like a drizzly rain. 
                  We went out for another run on Sunday, but just 3 miles on the hometrails, which they love because I don't have to leash them up and then can run up ahead and not slow down their pace to stay with their slow poke mom. 

no running today though. But will probably run a few miles tomorrow and wednesday and then it's relay weekend.

Tammy

Congratulations coastwalker! Well deserved!

PBJ great news on the scan.

spacityrunner I like hot. But I know most runners do not.

evanflein well you are way, way, way, way, way, way, up north! It had to get cold again.

I am getting back to my regular routine. Ran yesterday. So that means elliptical today. My other project was to kill off a wasp nest that its builders had attached under the eaves to my house. Human technology from a spray can 1, wasps 0. They are gone and well not buried. Just dead and laying on the ground. I fear that is as good of a funeral as they will get.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Yay Jay!  Great honor.

Good news for sure, PBJ.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

mrrun

Henrun, I’d love to see you back at the Market Square Day 10K some day! But maybe I’ll see you at the Great Island 5K in Oct. this year.

Jay - we'll be there if you promise better weather.  we registered last year, but it bucketed and the grandkids and we were DNS!

PBJ - great news!

PBJ - Great news!!

Jay - Congratulations!  Have fun deciding on a shed.

Medicinal chocolate is a must.

We have sun, but no humidity, thankfully.  Looks like good weather for us for the relay, Tammy.

The Hub was attacked for wasps a week go at a job. Got bit on the lip and next to his left.  Told the client they needed to take care of the situation before he would come.  Destruction of wasp nests is not in his job description.

Will do some core/ST stuff tonight.  I'm participating in the Wild Rogue Relay this weekend with Tammy.  Did it last year and had a ton of fun (will miss you, Liz!!).  Unfortunately, this year I will only be able to run one leg - slowly - but then I'll be the Chauffeur Extraordinaire (aka van driver) the rest of the time.

Drama, drama, drama at work between a couple of gals. 

For some reason I'm getting "Runner's" magazine at work.  Never subscribed to it.  What's up wit dat?

Have a great week ~~

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

It was tough, but I made it through the dance recital, yesterday.  We're all done with those, now, until next year.

Hey, Twocat--stick your fingers in your ears for a second.  I went 6 miles, today, in the rain...from start to finish...and it felt like GR-R-REAT!  Okay, Twocat, you can take your fingers out, now....Twocat...Twocat!  That's the problem when somebody sticks their fingers in their ears...

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Mike E.  if only I knew what you wrote . . .

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Excellent news about Jay!  Best RD evah.

So Friday I finally heard back on the CT scan that I had on Monday.  It's clean!  Nice.

So I ran 8 miles on Saturday, and 15 on Sunday, and the music that I listen to while I run has never sounded better.

Such a good feeling.

POTD!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."