Masters Running

Training week ending May 7-8, 2022 (Read 9 times)

Alexander R

Greetings, runners! Please tell us about your past training week and upcoming goals.

Alexander R

Mon 8mi (1:43)
      Tue 5mi (0:38) tm progression
      Wed 6mi (1:03)
      Thu 8mi (1:29)
      Fri 0
      Sat 18mi (2:31) tm steady
      Sun 15.2mi (2:22)

Total: 60.3 miles (+9mi on stationary bike)

a classic case of weekend warrior syndrome

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Mo - 4.5 easy

Tu - 5.1 easy

We - rest

Th - 6.1 easy

Fr - 4.9 easy

Sa - 3 easy

Su - 0.7 warmup

Su - 13.1 race

37.4 for the week, which, as you see, was tapering and then running a half.  I ran the Rubin Run in Tenafly, NJ, and my 1:57:20 earned 3rd place among males 50-59, which is the first time I've been "on the podium" in a half marathon.

I suspect my next few weeks will be in the mid-30's until I start my next training cycle in June.

Alexander - Yep, getting more than half your week's miles on the last two days is definitely weekend warrior behavior.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

TammyinGP

Helllo!

well, I didn't plan it but pretty much took the week off of running last week. One 6 mile run on Tuesday and that was it.

no injury or illness or anything like that. We just had really craptastic weather and I had zero gumption to run in it. My 30K race was cancelled (not weather related though) so that sort of took the wind out of my sails also.

So, back at it this week. Since I have today off work, I'll try and time a longish trail run in between rain showers and get some momentum back.

hoping for a 30 mile week.

Tammy

pfriese

Hey all.

Here's what I had for the week.

M -  8 miles (10:02/mile)

T - rest

W - 10.2 miles (10:02/mile)

Th - 6.1 miles (Mt Scott, 10:20/mile)

F - 8.3 miles (9:50/mile)

Sa - 12 miles (9:46/mile)

Su - 5.4 miles (10:34/mile)

Total - 50 miles

I really need to sign up for a race & start some sort of training plan now that my mileage base is good. Until then just more of the same.

Paul

Alexander R

Fred, very solid week, as always, and congratulations on the podium placement! I read your race report and it is a difficult course, which I am sure makes getting top 3 even sweeter

Hi Tammy, too bad the 30k was cancelled. Things like that can very easily kill motivation, esp when combined with bad weather. But I think you are probably still recovering from the 50k, so in the grand scheme of things taking a week off is probably a very good idea.

Hi Paul,  I agree! Your training looks super solid. And the way you ran that half, with every next mile faster than the previous one is a really good indicator.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Tammy - a week off now and then can be helpful.  Sorry about your race.

Paul - What kind of races do you like to run?  Road/trail?  Short/long?

Alexander - thank you.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

pfriese

Paul - What kind of races do you like to run?  Road/trail?  Short/long?

I dabble in all forms, road, trail, long, short, flat, hilly, & relays. A majority of my races are 5Ks, half marathon, & marathon distance on road. I have done Pikes Peak Ascent or Marathon the last 3 years and had a blast. I think my favorite distance is still the half marathon.

Paul