Masters Running

Jan. 22 Chilly Runs (Read 607 times)

A chilly morning in S. Florida at 40° with very little wind (unlike yesterday's gale). But it made for easy running as I tracked down all my chilly weather gear. 6.1 easy, solid miles at 8:31 pace. (I love that I can get the proper degree symbol on the temps. now. That always bothered me typing 40F instead of 40°!) Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good Morning Bill and everyone else. Sorry about your frigid temps Bill Roll eyes....heck, I would be running shirtless in those temps. One of my last runs before my fall Marathon, it was 39 degrees and sunny, and I was shirtless and it felt great Smile Nice run this morning Buddie. Hey, you have a 1/2M this weekend right?....I bet you do great, as I think you have yourself set up for a fast time Cool I'm on a every other day run / walk schedule right now. Yesterday was a off day, so off to the Y tonight to basically do what I posted the last time....1 mile brisk walk - 1 mile run - 1 mile brisk walk and weight and core work. Happy to say, my foot is feeling greta, and hope to up my runs up to 1.5 miles next week. Well, off to add another hint to my blunder thread...if no one has figured it out yet. Hope everyone has a great day, TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Four mile walk and then core work, yoga and stability work out. Back from the road for one day and then off again tomorrow---ever grateful for my job even if I'll be a constant road warrior for the next several months. I'll get to see Holly really soon and that's a bright spot. No more pain in IT band and the bursitis is subsiding in my hip. All good. Good day of running, healing and more to all. K
          Thumbing my fingers patiently waiting for CNYRunner to travel down south ... Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Great news about your foot Tim!!! Sounds like you have a good plan figured out. How'd you do that little degree thingy Bill? Nice to see you posting again Karin!! Last night I did 30 minutes of strength training, and 30 minutes of yoga. I was going to get on the Treadmill after that but started not feeling too good. This morning I tried to sleep in as I continue to fight off a headache. Finally got up (late), ran 2 miles on the treadmill and still made it to work on time! Tonight I plan on another 3. I'm feeling my abs and upper arms today - so i must have done something good last night.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

King of PhotoShop

Mary, don't get me started on the degree symbol. I have an IBM Thinkpad and I'm the only person in the world who can't figure out how to make that symbol. Bill stole it from Labduck on Kick. On "most" machines if you hold down the Alt key and type 0176, then release the Alt key, the degree symbol will appear. You guys try it. Headed out to the park soon. Spareribs
                Sorry about the achy head Mary. I get migraines and they are piling up again and it's the worst. Hang in there. As for travel to the South--- Blazin' (speed) Bill---- I am wishing for an assignment in your area as well! Any colleges or universities in your area that need fundraising counsel? Tell them to call. Right now the client travel doesn't seem to be near your area. Sad I will be doing some work in Spain and in Australia. Not close, but interesting! Okay.....speaking of work. Must do some!

#artbydmcbride

70° here. I ran an easy recovery run 6.5 miles last night. Chatting with a friends, going too fast and not realizing how tired my legs were...suddenly I'm sliding into first base...scraped palms and 2 skinned knees. Sad Oh well, tonight they are predicting rain, maybe I'll take a rest day. Smile

Runners run

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Test ..... it was 27° out this morning. Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

Good Morning All Thought for the day........Sporting a deep golden tan in the State of Iowa in the middle of January is not flattering. Last night......A nice easy 6.75 on mostly clear roads.....yeah ! This morning a decent core wrokout, upper body strength, and on the treadmill for a quick 3. I'll follow this up with another easy 6 tonight. The Deg sysmbol did not show up.
                        Alt 0157 I have to key the numbers on the numeric keypad. Bill PS: Tim, I said "chilly". You said "frigid".

For anyone who is interested this is a pretty good site for Windows Alt Key Codes: http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/accents/codealt.html One of the keys is that you have to use the key pad to the right with "Num Lock" on and not the numbers above the letters. Hope this helps.
                            Fascinating thread. Learn something new every day. Anyhoo, 6 miles at 8:45 pace today in lovely 18 DEGREE weather. Cool. Clear skies, no wind so very comfy compared to the single digits I've been running in. I've even had a couple 30° runs lately. Have a new YMCA membership so will lift weights tomorrow and maybe try some laps in the pool. I can then run an easy 5 at lunch. Tim, glad to hear foot is better. Ilene, nice wipeout. Glad only skinned knees and palms. Something like that can result in chiclets on the pavement or stitches somewhere. Years ago it happened to me and I didn't get my arms up in time. I think it was 9 stitches to close the second mouth I created just under my chin. MTA: ALT 0176 worked, 0157 did not on my work issued Dell laptop.

Ilene! You're not supposed to dive into first base! (any other base is ok) It was cold this morning here but not as cold as it has been; it was 15° when I ran (although PDR's weather bug said 20 for some reason). (I wish it were a "chilly" 40° Smile) 12.1 miles, 1:45:22, 8:43/mi, AHR 144, a bit of a progression run, starting at 9:20/mi for a few miles and finishing at I guess around 8:15/mi for a few miles. Good runs, all!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Good morning everyone. It was a balmy 22° here this morning. Hey - the temp symbol works! Thanks Spareribs. 5 miles this morning, 9:31 pace, then 5 minutes of jumping rope and some core work. Tim - great news on your foot progress! You'll be back up to 20 milers again in no time. No words of advice from me any more - it sounds like you've got things pretty well under control (um, except for that "issue on another thread).Wink Karin - nice to hear from you! Are you not able to run at all these days? How long have you been on the DL? Wow - Breger - 40° in Florida is pretty chilly. I have two sisters that live down there and they called me last night to complain about the "bone-chilling" cold weather ya'll are having. We're going down to visit in a couple of weeks, so I hope it warms up quickly. Have a great day, everyone.