Masters Running

Wet and Windy FRIDAY, October 30 Runs (Read 391 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Poor little Will.   It sounds like he is a little fighter though.   {{{Hugs to your family JLynne}}}.

That baby Nate is so stinkin' cute!!  Big grin

SteveP - I'll keep an eye open for you and Tag.   I have a feeling we'll be a little further North, but I really have NO idea. 

Well, I am going to save the 100 miles for November.   This morning is very windy and so far over 2" of rain has fallen since midnight.   I am happy with 97 miles this month.   Plus, I had to get my bags packed for our weekend getaway.  I'm looking forward to visiting some wineries and of course, tasting some wine too.  (and sleeping in, and taking a nap)

When I got home from TZ last night, my oldest DD was over pushing the lawn mower around sucking up leaves.   Then she got out the blower and working on the other areas.   I'm thinking the DH must have asked her to do this.   Later on she says, "aren't you going to thank me for working on the leaves?"      She had hear that yesterday was probably going to be the last day of good weather, so she did that all on her own.  What a kid!    This morning, however, you'd have never guessed she did all that.   The car was so full of oak leaves that I literally needed a broom to find the car.  

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Have a great weekend, Mary. Your plans sound wonderfully relaxing. Drink a glass of wine for me.

Like Mary, it was raining quite heavily here this morning so I went to the Y. REFUSE to run on a treadmill, so I did another 5 miles on the eliptical and 5 miles on the bike, then did some free weights and stability ball stuff. As I watched the national news, I saw all of the horrible weather in Colorado and Wyoming heading towards the midwest. Our daughters are trying to fly here from Denver for the Packer/Viking game this weekend. Their flight out last night was cancelled. What happened to global warming???

Off to see the baby. Have a great day, everyone.

3 miles...just a little wind...we are experiencing a Pineapple Express...55 degrees this morning,it'll get windier later on today
        Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Just sleep... and eat..

Forecast for Sunday's City of Oaks Marathon: low 60's 90% humidity, scattered rain...

Hope NYC is perfect.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Morning, gang!

Mary - wow - can I borrow your daughter??  She sounds like  a keeper.  Have a great getaway weekend!

{{{{{{Will, Jlynne and Family}}}}}}}

Amy - loved the piano video - I'm still smiling.

dg - thanks!  Are you all recovered from your marathon??

Carolyn - the MCM was a great race but a bit of a letdown.   It was warmer than I would have liked, and I never found my second gear.  Don't know exactly what happened - could have been the virus that tried to hijack me a couple days before the race.   Do you ever go skijoring (I'm sure I don't have that spelled correctly) with your dogs?? 

DH and I just couldn't stand another day of sleeping in (who would have figured??) today.   I think both of us benefited greatly from this training holiday, but enough is enough.  7 easy miles on the TM @ 10:11 and 152 AHR. 

Looking foward to the weekend trick or treaters (and the associated candy).  Good runs and a good weekend to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{little Will and family}}}

Mary – it’s only a number.  Have a great time on your getaway!

Friday is normally a non-running/x-training day, but when I woke up to unseasonably warm temps, I decided to move it to tomorrow, when rain is forecast anyway.  My legs were a little tired from yesterday’s effort, but that Oreo cookie bender I went on last night drove me to run a little further.

9.4 easy-paced miles in a breezy 63°.

The kids are off school, and DH and I are both taking off work at noon to take them to a bowling lunch (you buy lunch at the bowling alley and get a free game).  Later, we’ll be carving our pumpkins and tonight we’ll watch Poltergeist to get in the Halloween mood.

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mornin' Peeps -

I was incommunicado yesterday since my computer at work crapped out on me as soon as I turned it on.  Keeping fingers crossed I didn't lose anything since I had trouble backing it up before I left on vacation.

{{{Little Will and family!!}}}  Sounds like he's gonna be the type of kid to give his folks a run for their money.  Wait 'til he's mobile!

Overslept by an hour yesterday, so had to break the workout into core/strength in the a.m., and 30 min stationary bike in the p.m.  Every time I have to workout in the evening, I remind myself why I'd rather get up pre-crack of dawn.  After work workouts suck.  Blah.

Today's a rest day, but as I was getting out of bed, I was reminded of why it stinks to go longer than a week without strength training.  Sore!  I guess that's a good thing, but doggone it - my . . . butt . . . hurts.

There's an empty field across from my house that some folks spent tons of money over the past few years cleaning up.  They then fenced the whole thing this past year and put a horse and 5 goats out there and one ended up having a baby.  We've loved having the animals across the street.  Well, some stupid %$&*ing moron (insert appropriate 4-letter word) dumped their rhododendron clippings into the field either the night before last or early yesterday morning.  Rhoddies - and especially azaleas - are VERY toxic to goats, and to other animals in general.  The vet came out and did her best for them, but when I got home last night, it didn't look like Momma Goat was gonna make it, and two others were still iffy.  I saw 3 or 4 moving around this morning, but no Momma.   We have our suspicions about who did it, but like I told the owner, without proof, there's nothing that can be done.  The Hub drove around the neighborhood yesterday looking for a yard with rhoddies, but didn't find one.  My suspicion - our neighbor's SIL and her hub dumped them, since our neighbors have been the main culprits for dumping crap over there anyway, including yard clippings once the goats were put in there.  A number of us are so frigging mad (including the owners, of course), that if we do find out who did it, there's gonna be holy  he!! to pay.  The owner said the vet bill alone was over $300, and each goat is work about $100.  Money aside - it's the animals suffering that really kills me.

And on that note - Have a Great Friday!!

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Henrun

Today I became a graffiti artist! On a beautiful cool morning (not raining here until tomorrow night) I went out for a 5 miler and ran through the Boston College campus where they've placed a paper mache sculpture commemorating the 20th anniversary of the downfall of the Berlin Wall. The sculpture has much graffiti on it (duplicating what actually occurred on the western part of the wall). They also placed cans of spray paint by it and invited additions to the wall. I added mine and was on my way to complete my run. First time I've painted graffiti (and probably the last).

It is 34 here and calm, so I'm hoping it might inch up a few more degrees by the time I head out at noon.

Halloween is a bit of a chore for us--we live on a Boulevard that is a historic district and it is a favorite trick or treating route.  (It is well lit and the speed limit is 25 mph and there's the grassy isalnd all down the middle of the street, so I think people see it as a little safer.) 

Parents drive over and drop off their kids at one end of the street and meet them at the other end, about a mile or so down.  We have to invest in major amounts of candy, and we still run out every year.  A federal court judge lives kitty corner from us and she has her clerks come over for dinner so they can help with onslaught.

Last year, when I was at the NYC marathon, my car got egged, so you get punished if you just opt out of the festitivies. 

I like Halloween, but shouldn't there be time limits, like 5-7 or something reasonable?  I mean, there's a World Series going on and the game starts at 6 pm our time Saturday!

grins (really, I am not a curmuddgeon).

A

GOOD LUCK Perch, wish I could be your Running Buddy there.

Leslie, that's just awful.  I'm sorry.

henrun, sounds fun, but let's make that for sure that it's the last time.  Don't make me have to dust off my Mass. Bar Card in order to visit you in April.  (I do keep it active -- never know when THeo might need a sports lawyer!)

Masters 2000 miles
                    evanflein

That's ok, Amy, I got tired of it when we lived in a bigger subdivision... and I was in my 20's then! Just never got into the Halloween thing much. Egging your car is a bit much. We had someone smash our jack-o-lanterns one year when we were out.

Leslie, I was really sore the first time I did lunges in... oh, maybe 6 months. Just about scared me to do them again, but I might try some today. Will go to the gym and do some weights so I'll have two weight workouts this week. That's about right. That does suck about the goats. Why would anyone do that? Do you think they were being malicious? or just careless?

Hey Holly, when you went to that wine tasting, did you find anything you liked? Any good deals? We're going to one tonight that my friend and sometimes RP got us free tickets to (he works for a distributor, talk about a dream job!). Then we're spending the night at the hotel where it's being held, so no worries about driving home afterward. Nice of the hotel to offer a $55 special tonight. We'll be home Saturday in time to make pancakes for our sleepy boys (who will no doubt stay up way too late with mom and dad out of the house!).

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Leslie - that is so sad about those poor animals!   I hope they find the people that did it.   Intentional or not - they were still putting things on private property. 

Aamos - kids can only trick-or-treat from 6-8 p.m. where we live.   We get zero kids though unless I personally request a visit. 

Erika - My favorite wine is a Late Harvest Reisling.   A little on the sweet/fruity side.   You will have fun I am sure!

Sue - No you can't have her.  Smile   I told her that she should feel free to dust and vacuum while she stays with the dogs this weekend.

It is 65° outside, wind is blowing and I have never seen leaves fall like they are falling today.   It is a spooky day out there today.   

~Mary

~unknown

Tramps

Go Perch, CNY, Maine, Tet!

I'm going to try to watch the NYC race on NBC/Universal, so please wave as you go past the cameras so I'll see you, okay?

Aamos--I never pictured you as that grumpy lady yelling, "Get off my lawn you darn kids!"  (I'm KIDDING! )

No trick or treaters here.  We're a quarter mile down a driveway off of a side-road.  Heck, the FedEx guy can hardly find us. 

Henry--that sounds very cool.  I didn't know you ran at BC.  I lived on Chestnut Hill Ave while I was in school there and used to like "running"  around the reservoir.  Nice spot.

Leslie--that's horrible about the goats.  Makes you mad, doesn't it?

Holly--"Oreo cookie bender"?  Do you get a hangover from those?

Best wishes to (((Baby Will))).  I can relate to the "no-breathing-until-I-get-some-caffeine-in-me" thing; pretty much me every morning.

We're not getting any of this wind or rain here.  I did 8 miles with half at MP. 

Be safe. Be kind.

I like Halloween, but shouldn't there be time limits, like 5-7 or something reasonable?  I mean, there's a World Series going on and the game starts at 6 pm our time Saturday!

Amy, I'm so very glad that you have your priorities straight.  And I know you're rooting for Pede's new team, right?  He pitched so well last night, and my Fightin's just couldn't get him enough runs.  The intention that I'm trying to send our to the universe is  Phils in 5 - end this on Monday already, I need sleep and more time to run!!!!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

My co-worker started to make a magazine for my 50th birthday, but I guess the wheels fell off of her idea.   She just sent me the cover and it is TOO funny not to share with all of you:

~Mary

~unknown

evanflein

Mary, that's hilarious. So, when are you going to share your top ten tips for staying young??