Masters Running

Tuesday - 2/6/2018 (Read 38 times)

Dave59

Good morning.

4 miles in the park with some walking mixed in today. Sorry about the knee, shin, etc. issues some of you are having. I feel like I ought to be grateful that I'm currently ok and workout harder, but February is not the month to worry about that.

I ordered the Garmin 235. It should give me a 3 or 4 day spurt of longer runs to try it out.

So the new thing that I get countless emails on are for these new key organizers. They hold keys in a case like a pocket knife and you flip open the key that you need.  I'm just not sold that this kind of thing is really needed. And what about car keys that have such a fat end to them. They would never fit in the case. But if loose keys are a problem for you, then it is a product you should look into.

Tramps

A certain someone I live with who will not be named could use a key finder but a key organizer?  Nope.

5 miler.

Thousands of--I believe--starlings this morning doing this sort of thing (not my picture). Always makes me feel like I'm in Hitchcock's "Birds" when you hear the sound and see the swarm.

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

A certain someone I live with who will not be named could use a key finder but a key organizer?  Nope.

5 miler.

Thousands of--I believe--starlings this morning doing this sort of thing (not my picture). Always makes me feel like I'm in Hitchcock's "Birds" when you hear the sound and see the swarm.

Love the terms for this--either murmuration or susurration.  and impressive to see.

Finally made a 10 mile weekend (when I should be at 10 mile days) with 4 on Sat. and 6.2 on Sun.  Nothing today.  Can't remember who to credit, but the bed magnet was awful strong this morning.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

.....and I digress............

=================

...tramps//..........my hometown had SO many blackbirds

their droppings were literally eating the headstones off at our cemetery (founded in 1796)

since

we're next to Ft Campbell,

they talked the 101st Airborne Division into dropping Defoliant on their nesting sites to kill 'em off

next thing we knew,

a New York City Animal Rights Group had taken out an Injunction against Christian County Kentucky to stop killing it's Blackbirds

followed

by an Injunction from Christian County Kentucky against New York City to stop killing it's Rats

the judge that

issued it was named Grady Ruff

.............his campaign slogan was ''Where the County is Christian, and The Judge is Ruff''

http://www.kentuckynewera.com/article_9dce8a63-17a8-5c4b-81d6-ee0aaefab705.html

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

Love the terms for this--either murmuration or susurration.  and impressive to see.

I did not know that.

Tom--great slogan.

Be safe. Be kind.

3.5 outdoor miles.  Rushed off to vote on a local tax issue before an early meeting at work.  Good morning, y’all!

2 miles at work on the treadmill because I have a dinner to go to after work.

My morning run made it to Garmin Connect and RA, but not to Strava.  Any ideas?

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

TammyinGP

I'm in the market for a new GPS watch. A few yrs back I just wanted basic so I went with the FR 15. All I ever used my 320 (I think that is what model it was?) for was pace, distance and an occasional virtual pacer.  The FR 15 did all that. But over time the battery life when in GPS mode has really declined. I can't even do a 4 hr run now without the battery running dead or very low so having it last me throughout my 50K will never happen. Unsure what to get as there are just so many options now and I don't plan on spending more than $200 on a watch. It's just not my priority. So in between working on work deadlines, I'm reading reviews . . . 

Will run at lunch, since I didn't get out for a run yesterday at lunch.

Tammy

Henrun

Out for 4 miles on a chilly morning. Still trying new routes. We’re pretty well moved in except for hanging our pictures.

Marj has been practicing her piano and I tooted my sax during the day. We’ll see if any of our new neighbors complain.

Erika - Years ago when I injured my foot and the doc wanted to do an MRI, I told him I couldn't afford and would the treatment be any different if he knew for certain it was a SF or torn ligaments.  He said no.  Smart on your part.

Holly - I'll have to delve into the cost of an apnea test.  The Hub's insurance doesn't kick in until we've spent $7000, which is why he will put up a roadblock.  But I've long thought he was having breathing issues at night.

I slept like the dead last night.  I haven't slept that hard in a long time.  When my alarm went off at 5:00, I still felt very groggy and butt-tired, so I stayed in bed.  Don't know if I'll run after work or not.  We'll see where my energy levels are.

So it looks like some of us are going to try and pull off the 1st (maybe annual?) Humboldt County FatAss Ultra at Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park, one of my absolute favorite places to run.  There are at least 4 others who have indicated an interest, so we'll see what happens.  I hope this thing gets some legs under it and we're able to pull it off.  It'd be 0-40 +/- miles - four approximately 10-mile loops.  The trail is deceiving in that it's very runnable - which can be detrimental the longer you're out there - and one end of the James Irvine is very rooty from the redwood trees.  Even with fresh legs, I suck at running over the roots and usually walk them.  I'm really hoping this happens!

Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

C-R

Quick post today. Busy

2 miles only. Ick.

Nice picture Tramps.

Tammy - I love my TomTom Spark 3. Not very expensive but has all the features to help with running. Plus the app is pretty good.

Travel day. Off to Texas.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

spacityrunner

2.5 miles around the hood today.  Cold and windy.

Trails Rock!

Tammy - Since you seem to be coming over the Dark Side (), you might want to consider something that tracks effectively under cover of trees.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

...48-min PoolRun, nb, cf,ris, paw

================

....one of the swimmers asked me what I was doing

after

explaining,

turns out he played Football against us in HighSchool   (Longest UnBeaten Record in Ky History--at that time)

''You guys Hurt People'' he said.......I just smiled and said ''Yep, but we did it By The Rules''

assuming

he doesn't bring a CrowBar with him,

I might have a PoolRunning Partner................How Cool Is That??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TammyinGP

5 miles at lunch time. Even though the temps are only mid 40's, the sun is shining and I got warm quickly. Didn't need that long sleeve over my tshirt for more than a mile, so I committed the sin of tying it around my waist. 

I am checking out the suggestions given to me on watches . Thanks.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tramps - totally neat that you got to see the starling

murmurations on your own instead of just PBS.

Must have been hard to leave.

Tom - challenge him to who can do the most one-legged squats.

five miles under a hazy quarter moon through the clouds
                                before they got too thick for the sun to do the same.

Still celebrating five miles sine rain.

ps - what'd we do with jay?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)