Masters Running

June 2018 Masters' Miles (Read 22 times)

an amazing likeness

Welcome to July.  The longest days are behind us; the dog days ahead of us. Strawberries are ripe, and the corn is pushing to make it to 'knee high by 4th of July'.  Time to post those hard-earned, sweaty and muggy June miles, race results and running achievements.

I'll get to work on the May tally...

In June, 98-year-old George Etzweiler completed his 13th Race up Mount Washington...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

evanflein

Thanks for starting us off, milktruck! Mr. Etzweiler's trek up Mt. Washington was certainly impressive.

Continuing the slow increase in mileage, even though (or probably because of) my average pace slowing significantly. Learning to run slower (mostly due to no choice... I just have no speed these days) is really how I'm able to keep building the mileage.

June: 182.3

YTD: 546.3

miles behind the 1,300 pace bunny: -101.9

127.7 and no races.  A nice recovery month with our daughter getting married back in OKC!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

110.2 for June and 776.7 for the year.  I’m way behind my goal of 1700 (then 1600) miles due to this high hamstring injury.  Just trying to get better at this point, but I’m glad to be able to get out there to the extent that I can.  Trying to appreciate every step.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

coastwalker

Hi Milktruck and everyone.

I loved the story of George Etzwiler conquering Mt. Washington at age 98 - truly amazing and inspirational! He reminds me of Henrun - always looking forward.

I went 144 RW miles in June, with 1st place, RW division, in the Market Square Day 10K.

Thanks,

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

TammyinGP

pretty low month for me of only 70.3.

Tammy

Quickadder

Following from the opening post - thanks Milktruck - I had the pleasure of running about 20 miles with Ernest Andrus as he set the record of oldest runner to complete coast to coast, ending at the Atlantic on his 93rd birthday. This week he announced that he is planning to make the return journey, starting next year and hopefully getting back to the Pacific by his 100th.

My June had just one race - a short 5K on the 30th. 2AG in M55-64.

June 136.3

YTD 779.2

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

anneb

119 June miles, 634 on the year. I haven’t raced at all this year. I’m thinking about a fall half marathon, but not sure about committing. Anyways, if that’s going to happen I should think about running longer than 7-8 miles, sometime. 🤔

Anne

pfriese

I had a good month of running.

June - 261.1 miles

That beats my previous personal best mileage in a month by 10 miles. And I had a personal best weekly mileage this month of 92.8 miles.

Paul

wildchild

Carolyn

Impressive running, Paul!

I had 157 (prime!) miles for June.  846.7 for the year so far.

Two races:  a 5 mile race with the Colorado Masters Running Assn, where I won my AG out of 4, and the Bighorn 32 mile race in Wyoming, where I was 2nd of 12 in my AG, and had a great weekend with friends.

Onward to July!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

49.0 miles for me - making a slow return

denise

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

41 for june

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

SubDood

279.2 for June

1501.9 YTD

No races

an amazing likeness

June 2018 summary from all who reported in...

+ 2 Monthly Prime runners, wildchild & tom1961

+ special shout out to pfriese for one heck of a month (again)

+ monthly average and median of 140 & 136 mi respectively with quickaddr running the median

Runner June Prime! Notable Notes
                              SubDood 279 . .
                              pfriese 261 . Monster PB monthly miles / 92.8 mile week!!!
                              evanflein 182 . .
                              wildchild 157 ! 1AG 5 miler & 2AG in 32 miler & great weekend in WY
                              milktruck 145 . .
                              coastwalker 144 . 1st OA RW Market Square 10k
                              Quickadder 136 . 2AG 5K
                              Opie 128 . .
                              anneb 119 . .
                              RunnerKSA 110 . .
                              TammyinGP 70 . .
                              deez4boyz 49 . On the mend and logging miles
                              tom1961 41 ! .
                              average 172 . .
                              median 140 . .

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

rmcj001

Wow, not sure how I missed the master monthly miles.

Only 146 miles, 2 races Glacier Half Marathon - 4th in AG (got a medal) and Quarry Lakes 10K - 2 in AG (it was hot!).

Ray