Masters Running

36 year old "whipper snapper" needs 2 trail relay members for race in MI (Read 422 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Someone recommended I put a shout-out in here, since there are so many members and many who may not venture onto the main boards much, but who might be able to help.  There is a thread on the racing board detailing my predicament.

I am captain of a 6 person trail relay (North Country Trail Relay on June 13).  Yesterday 2 members bailed (husband and wife...wife is having back issues, so both are ditching us), so with less than 10 days 'til the race I am scrabbling to find runners to fill their spots.

Each runner is responsible for a minimum of 10 miles.  Most legs are in the range of 2.5-9 miles and of varying difficulty, so each team member is responsible for 2-3 legs.

If you (or someone you know) can help us out you will get free entry, free shirt (assuming we can get one in your size), free beer, and free food during the race.  If you are female you may even have free lodging, as my best friend has reserved a room in Cadillac the night before the race.

A HUGE thank you to anyone who might be able to give us a hand! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Get off my lawn!  Hippie kid!

Top 'O the World!

Cheeseball!!!

mta:  I meant that to Stevie Ray!

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Get off my lawn!  Hippie kid!

*runs off with SRL's cane and laughs at his misery*

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Cheeseball!!!

I'm not from Wisconsin.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm not from Wisconsin.

But I am.  Mmm...cheese.

~ Sarah Kay

dg.

zoom-zoom, I just read that thread.    it is tempting.  but  I'd have a mere 10 days to heal a chronic injury,  get younger, & much faster.

.... what kind of beer??   ;-)

evanflein

Hey, you throw in airfare from Alaska and you got yourself a deal! (I can say that knowing that's a purty big hurdle to toss out there...)
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

zoom-zoom, I just read that thread.    it is tempting.  but  I'd have a mere 10 days to heal a chronic injury,  get younger, & much faster.

.... what kind of beer??   ;-)

Who said anything about young and/or fast (I'm certainly not fast and the young thing is relative)? Wink  As for beer...what kind would you want?*

* I mean...like beer that mere mortals drink.  Not the $$ stuff my brother likes that is >$12/6.

~ Sarah Kay

dg.

Who said anything about young and/or fast (I'm certainly not fast and the young thing is relative)? Wink  As for beer...what kind would you want?*

* I mean...like beer that mere mortals drink.  Not the $$ stuff my brother likes that is >$12/6.

welllll nobody said anything... & they're both relative, I guess.    my DD turned 32 today.  the injury thing is real.       I don't feel like I'd be a real plus for you but it sounds like so much fun.    Bayshore, huh?  I could have met you.  I ran the 10K. 

I could happily drink beer with your brother, (not my brother.  he thinks Guinness is putrid) but that isn't the deciding factor! 

I'm a seriously interested longshot.  You could do much better.  And I suppose, possibly, worse!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, hey, next year if I decide to be on a team for NCTR (note I said not captain a team...I'm not sure I could be roped into this again) it would be fun to have you join us.

Bayshore was great...I had a pretty miserable race, itself (my 2nd marathon), but loved the venue and time with friends.  I'm definitely in for next year.  I will probably register the day registration opens.

I love the beers my brother drinks, just can't afford them (so I visit him so that I can mooch good beers off of him, heh).  I'm happy with a 6 pack that is under 10 bills. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

SteveP

Zoom Zoom, I really really want to go. DS has his graduation party that day. It's running distance from my house too. 8 miles.

SteveP

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awww...rats!  How simple would that be for you, too!

Have you run it in the past?  How are the mosquitos up there right now?  If they are anything like they are here, they are BAD!

~ Sarah Kay

SteveP

I haven't run it yet. It does sound like fun though. Like any where in MI, some places have more bugs than others. Go out early and post signs "Please Don't Feed the Mosquitos"

SteveP

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I haven't run it yet. It does sound like fun though. Like any where in MI, some places have more bugs than others. Go out early and post signs "Please Don't Feed the Mosquitos"

Ha, I love that!  Thank god for DEET! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay