Masters Running

Fabulous Friday, the Fourth Day of June - Daily runs (Read 532 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!!

In honor of the 4th day of June, I ran 4 miles this morning.   Big grin    DH offered to kick me out of bed last night, but I told him I was capable of getting up all on my own, thank you very much!    Brinkley was happy to hear the alarm go off too.   Almost negative splits, I just had the first two miles mixed up:  10:18 / 10:22 / 10:04 / 9:57    I still have a problem with my lower left back area, but it didn't seem to affect my run too much.

Happy FRIDAY!!!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Timbo – I was thinking about it – you run in the afternoon and evening all the time, so you should do fine in tomorrow’s temps.  While the race start is supposed to be in the low 70’s, the high is only supposed to be around 80, due to the thunderstorms….

2.6 easy-paced miles for me today with some striders in 65° and 99%. 

What the heck does it mean when it’s 99% humidity?  If you start a fire with a spark, does 99% humidity mean that if you spit you’ll start a rainstorm?

I was glad I made it to DD’s awards assembly yesterday (and remembered the camera), because as it turned out, she was one of seven 2nd graders who got a trophy for having straight A’s all year.  (…proud mom moment…) 

I’m bringing DD to work today, since she doesn’t start at the sitter’s until next week and the other attorney’s assistant is in the same boat, and bringing her 7yo DD with her.  We’ll see how it goes…..I told DD she’ll have to pack a bag and play quietly in the conference room with the other girl.  If my boss doesn’t see or hear them, she won’t mind.

Good luck Tammy and all the weekend racers!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

A little whine to go with breakfast...

I strained a calf muscle last Sunday when out on a tempo run. I haven't run since, but have been icing, using the foam roller trying to run in a 3.5 mile race last night. I went to the race, warmed up, calf was sore but figured I would still test it out. I told myself I would drop out if I ever felt a sharp pain. I never did, but by the time I got home I was extremely sore. More icing last night and it feels better today, but not running better. Then I decided to reward myself by falling down the last few steps in our house this morning. Appears to be just some bruising and scrapes, now I will just need to think up a better story to go with them.

For any who have been wondering, I will be teaching elementary PE in the fall. I won't be coaching volleyball. I have mixed emotions but know it was the right decision.

For the cyclists with roof racks I once read a great trip. When your bike is on the rack put one of your cycling gloves over your garage door opener. This will remind you that the bike is on top.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Picking up on Mary's 4 miles on the 4th theme....4 easy miles for me this morning at 6:00 am. Got back and drove the kiddo to school with a science project that wouldn't go on the bus so easily. Feels like it should be noon now or something. Just under three more weeks of school. Kiddo ran a 5k PR last night and was definitely not Mr. Cranky Pants this morning.

Way to go to your daughter Holly. Excellent! It's when the dew point and humidity are about equal that the rain appears, so yeah, maybe spitting into the wind while you are running will work. Good Luck, have fun and I know you'll conquer the miles.

Craneium---so sorry to hear about the calf and even more so about your fall. Yeesh! don't try and match bruises and scrapes with me now, mine are just getting nice and gnarly.  I know what you mean about a better story....falling while running or walking just doesn't cut it. Glad that you didn't break anything. Very Lucky kids to have you as a PE teacher.

Good morning everyone. Even with a short work week, Friday couldn't come soon enough this week.

Nice 4-miler this morning, with negative splits Mary! I didn't know you were having problems with your lower back - did I miss that somehow? Hope it's feeling okay now.

Holly - it's tough when the school year ends and your kids think they're old enough to not "need a babysitter."  Congratulations on the proud mom moment yesterday, and good luck this weekend. I sure hope the temps aren't as bad as they're predicting.

Ouch, Cranium. Sorry about the fall. And hopefully that sore calf gets better quickly. It sounds like you've made the right job decision, and I'll bet your kids are thrilled. Will you still be able to coach volleyball?

Congrats to your DS on his PR last night, Karin.  You have three more weeks of school? Wow - we've been done a week now, and the other public schools in the area are done today. When do you start the school year?

Tammy - go get 'em girl! You know you've put in the hard work and training, just run your own race. I'm anxious to hear how everything goes.

A much needed rest day for me, and - it's raining. After running yesterday, then cutting the grass and pushing Will in the stroller, my left foot was not happy. Glad I have an appointment scheduled for Monday. House selling not going well. DH doesn't want to come down on the price, and houses in our price range are not selling. Looks like we'll be staying here for a while....

Good luck to all of our weekend racers!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Guess I must have felt the psychic message going around--4 miles for me this morning, too.  i had planned (hoped) for 5, but bad time management cut me short.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Slo

Craneium.....Great tip.  I haul my bikes in a pick up so the roof top isn't a problem. But I did find out that my canoe rack won't fit under the garage door.

5.5 miles this morning......finished in a nice little sprinkle. Sounds like rain here all day.

Got the new house wired for Direct TV last night. I am now current in the TV world with HD......I didn't go crazy with the television set......bought a basic 31.5 inch screen. That's good enough for our TV watching. Deadliest Catch and American Pickers.

Another half day then pick away at this moving thing.

...in honor of hopeful's Fours Theme I did a 4/1.......

already bumping 80s on The Plateau.......

............20min 4/1

...............and an option to mow after work

versus an option of NOT raining this weekend.....

...after

standing on solid concrete for 8-hours,,,,,,hhhhmmmmm, that's a toughy.....

.....................good running guys.............hope all your decisions are simple ones.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Okay you "run 4 miles because it is the fourth of June" people    (Hopeful,  CNYrunner, Stumpy., Tomwhite)........I want to see how much you run on the 30th of the month.....lol.

By the way to run that pattern (1 mile on the 1st, 2 miles on the 2nd, 3 miles on the 3rd, etc) would mean that you would run 465 miles in the month of June.   Now THAT is mileage.

I spent a few days in Virginia Beach and ran along the boardwalk they have there.   I STILL am putting together the miles because I FORGOT my  Garmin......Grrrr.

Happy miles everyone.

Joey

Vista
                    lamerunner

Good morning. I missed the memo about the 4 miles. I ran 6.5, felt pretty good though it is very humid and was nearly 70 at 6:45 am.

I am glad it is Friday. ...

CNY, congrats to your DS on the PR. It must be fun having him so enthusiastic.

My DD had to hand in a large paper on Afghanistan so she is glad it is the end of the week too.  She has a big day tomorrow though, SAT II tests in the morning then prom with a date who is a senior and ski teammate but is not her boyfriend.   She is not that enthused about it but she did get herelf a new dress and will likely manage to have fun.

Morning, gang!

Mary - hope the back problem resolves - Happy June 4th!

Holly - you've already got me chuckling - do we get to see a photo of DD and the trophy??

{{{{{Craneium's calf}}}}}}} - careful!

jlynne - sorry about the house and the foot. Glad to hear you are getting someone to look at it.  Mowing bothers my foot too - good excuse to have DH push the mower ;-).

OK, I messed up and did 4.5 miles this morning - somebody should have told me it was just a 4 mile day.  It was so hot and sticky, I would have gladly quit at 4 miles.  I did another 20 minutes on the elliptical and have some core and upper body weights scheduled for lunch.

Everybody have a terrific weekend!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Mariposai

Slo_hand, any pictures of the new house. Enjoy the unpacking, which is not my favorite thing to do.

Craneium, be careful there buddie, take care of that calf. No more racing until it heals up nicely, right?

I can't wait to see how many miles Eliz runs today! You go girl.

Holly and Timbo, be careful with the heat tomorrow. Please hydrate well. Holly, I always thought ultras are for fun and not for time.

go tamster and laura!!!!! My mariposa wings will be with you.

Yesterday: 2 miles walk. Plus 3  hours of pampering in a spa. the ticket came with  manicure and pedicure services. I came back home walking in clouds and the terracotta color fingernail polish.looks very nice on my bruised toenails...watch out world...I am sassy today.

Today: no running yet. I shall RAW

Kimmie, how are you doing this week? I remember  you having a tough time with motivation for running last week.

I sure miss the Beers!!!

Mary, what is the problem with the lower left back area?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Feeling fairly old as (adopted) DD1 turns 42 today and (biological) DS turns 22 tomorrow.  Where does the time go?

Best of Luck to Holly and TimBo!

I missed the memo on the 4 mile day and only ran 3.  I am always amazed how much I can sweat on an easy, short run in the summer down here where the HR never got above 130.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Joey - for the 30th I plan on running 3.0 miles!!  Big grin 

JLynne - I sure hope the foot issue is nothing serious and the doc can help you Monday.   Sorry about the house situation. 

Holly - yes, pictures please!!   You can brag all you want.   Good luck tomorrow!

Those elementary kids are luck to have you Cranium!

Congrats to the kiddo Karin!

Good job Stumpy.

Slo - I love Deadliest Catch too.   Good to see you have your priorities straight.  Wink

Good luck to your DD lamerunner.   It is okay to run more than 4 today, but you have to at least run 4!    Same to you SueT.    Extra points for the elliptical after running.    Big grin

{{{TomWhite}}}

Mari - I tweaked it over the weekend.   I think it may have been the cooler full of beer.   It is all I can do to bend over and tie my shoes - so I've been wearing sandals and showing off my pretty toes too! 

Deb - you are too young to have a 33 year old daughter!   Happy belated birthday to her.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Cranium’s calf}}}  {{{Jlynne’s foot}}}

CNYRunner – excellent running for DS!

Lamerunner – good luck to DD on her SATs!

Breger – Happy Birthdays to DD and DS!

DH and I are going out to eat tonight, in light of the fact that I have a few extra calories to spend.  We’re trying a new place: PF Chang’s China Bistro.  I know it might not be a great idea to try new food the night before a race, but doesn’t their Dinner for Two look so good?  And Erika said a glass of wine is good for carbloading...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."