Masters Running

Thursday OMG it's Almost Swimsuit Season! Weightloss Thread Week 3 (Read 290 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Anyone still working on this? For what it's worth, I'm down a half lb. Not too dramatic, but still a step in the right direction. I've found that if I have beggies already cut up in the fridge, it's easier to munch on those when I'm cooking dinner, rather than going for the chips. How's everyone else?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

Yes, I am working seriously on this. The tomato juice with watercress, etc was step 1. Now I've introduced smoothies for breakfast with protein powder to get my carb/fat/protein intake in alignment. I was too low on protein consistently after tracking my food for 2 weeks. Fixin' that. I am becoming 1 with my blender. Wink Seriously, I'm targeting a lb a week through the end of the summer. Knocked my first one off this week. I want to be leaner to go faster. I remind myself of that when my husband and kids are eating ice cream.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Anyone still working on this?
        For the men's sake....I surely hope so Wink beggies Confused ...is that like the Beggin Strips for humans Clowning around (there is that scary clown Holly) I have lost my (not running) weight (7 pounds) and I am at my happy weight of 155 pounds....150 is actually my goal weight I may reach once or twice a year in the summer. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Renee the dog

C'mon Tim, get with the lingo... beggies = bags of veggies. Big grin

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #3309

C'mon Tim, get with the lingo... beggies = bags of veggies. Big grin
            She cuts up a bag of veggies Tongue Smile

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

#artbydmcbride

I'm down another pound. Smile Hopefully we'll all be swimsuit ready for the hot tub in Seattle. Big grin

Runners run

Marathon Maniac #957

We're supposed to bring a swim suit? Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

#artbydmcbride

Are you expecting me to get into a hot tub full of nekkid runners????? Shocked

Runners run

Marathon Maniac #3309

Are you expecting me to get into a hot tub full of nekkid runners????? Shocked
                    Well Duh...swimsuits are for sissies Surprised....just ask Tampster the hot tub Queen Smile

Beginner all over again

Anyone still working on this?
                      I am. Well, kinda sorta. I'm still getting used to walking and trying to insert some jog segments in there too. If that counts, I'm still working on it. I've been losing a pound a week for several weeks in a row , but took last week off running (shinsplints) and didn't lose any pounds but stayed the same weight. So I'm due for a plateau. I'm not really working on just Swimsuit Thread so much as I am making in general better dietary and exercise choices so any weight loss is just a natural consequence of that. If the scale stays the same a 2nd week in a row I think I will be apt to put more effort toward it ! Wink

SteveP

Thanks for getting us going Holly. Back up to 215 Roll eyes

SteveP

i'm up 1lb today but my fingers felt like sausagesAngry -- can't think of what i ate yesterday that may have caused the bloaat but i'm going to reweigh tomorrow......... my workouts have been decent but still having a hard time with the munchiesRoll eyes

denise

Okay, I didn't think my post posted this a.m., but I didn't have time to check it. I'm still here, as well, but I'm at conference in Long Beach, I didn't see a scale in the workout room, and I forgot to weigh in Wednesday morning before I felt . . . at 4:00 a.m.! Thankfully, I don't see myself getting into a swimsuit anytime soon since I don't have a pool and - and this is for you Timbo - I sun bathe in my birthday suit. Big grin I think I'm still around 140 as I don't feel like I've gained weight, however, by the end of this weekend, that could be a different story. I've already had French fries twice in two days. Roll eyes I'll try to be better the rest of the weekend. Later!

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Broken record here... 141.5 this morning. I guess it's better than gaining. My pants sure felt tight today though. Tongue
                                I did not even come close to winning the Biggest Loser at school, but I did manage to lose 4 lbs. Of course on the first weigh in day I wore extra heavy clothes Tongue Today I am 134, which is about the same as I've been every Friday. I am still aiming for 130, and I believe I said by Memorial Day. Hmmm. Better get going. Yesterday we had a guest speaker from the Dept. of Health and she was showing the kids the "correct size" for servings of meat, pasta, salad dressing, cheese, etc. It was a shocker for me. So it seems that portion control is in order. Cry Swam this morning, but the mirror at the gym only shows my top half fortunately. Barbados is 3 weeks away! Surprised