Masters Running

Sunday, 4/7 Another PNW start (Read 43 times)

mrrun

we ran a beautiful, but 10K race in cohasset along the water - both of us getting a 2nd in AG.  there were 2 other local 'big' races which is why we did well - cherry-picking is important!

opie - let us know when you hear from paul. i'm in awe of someone doing that tri distance.

twocat - thx, i'll try zest the next time

happy tapering everyone

marj

janie b good

holly and opie-- very nice long runs for both of you.  and thank you both for answering my health question!  I will be patient... and simply enjoy the fact that i'm running again.

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody.  I don't have a lot time but thought I'd check in.

I completed my last long run before the Kentucky Derby Marathon.  24.5 miles in 2:59:07.  I'm not quite sure what is going on but I have strung together some of the best long runs of my running career.  I'm sure not going to complain.

Okay--I gotta go--I'm helping with the confirmation class at church and there are some race reports I want to read before I go.  See ya.

Thanks, guys.  Holly, I temporarily caught up to you in the Swamp.

Paul is done with Ironman Texas 70.3!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Paul is done with Ironman Texas 70.3!

Paul did an Ironman??  Congratulations!

Some great racing this weekend, whether true races or support training runs.  Good going, folks.

Janie - Be patient.  Your body will recover and you'll get back to where you were.

Tet - AR50 was my first 50 miler, in 2010.  The first 24-25 miles is on a bike path that runs along the river and is basically flat.  The second half of the race is on trail and is a challenge.  I came in DFL that race, but doggone it, I finished!  And I got some sweet prizes for being last. Big grin

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Nice to see all those long runs.  Even if they didn't feel good, it is still impressive.

We had buckets of rain this weekend.  Went to the cabin anyway, since I hadn't been there in about 2 months.  Did my 5 mile hike/run.  2 miles is straight uphill, 1000ft.  2 miles all downhill, quads are sore now.  Did the whole loop much faster than I ever have, about 1 min/mile faster.  If I can believe my Garmin, most of the time saving was from the hiking portion, so I must have walked a lot faster.  HR was low again.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

pfriese

Quick RR in the daily. After last springs foot injury I did lots of bike riding and swimming since running was cut back so far. By the end of summer I had decided that I might as well put this training to use. So, a friend and I signed up for the Ironman Texas 70.3 in Galveston. I thought over the winter and maybe early this spring I would do a sprint tri before jumping straight into a half ironman. But nothing ever seem to work out on the calendar. Needless to say, I was very nervous going into this race having done all of my swims in a pool and most of my bike rides on a trainer.

The race went very well. I did question my sanity when I jumped into 65 degree water to start the swim. Actually, I questioned my sanity for the WHOLE swim. The bike portion went well, but it was very windy. I'm somewhat used to riding a bike in the wind though. The run was tough. I just don't run well in the heat and it was ~80 degrees on the run course with no shade. I still finished much faster than I thought I would though with 6 hours 49 minutes (I expected about 7 1/2 hours)

1.2 mile swim - ~49 minutes, 56 mile bike - ~3:15, & 13.1 mile run - 2:31, the rest was in transition.

But guess what......I had a blast. It was so much fun that I'm sure I'll do another one.

Paul

C-R

WTG Paul!

Lots of great reads today. I'm sitting here watching Vikings and figured I should post.

Ran late today with DS1 following on his bike. A great 7 miles in 70 degrees. Went to the horse show again and watched my ladies show their horses. Couldn't be prouder. Also found a new air of ropers. Seems I have a shoe issue. Heh.

Well done all and great kick into Monday.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow Paul - awesome!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."