Masters Running

Mon July 21st Runs (Read 480 times)

The Jogger

Bonjour Gang Guess what I had in my mp3 today.... Out on a hilly trail for a relaxed 5 miler, no HR monitor just a gentle jog at 11:12 pace and very nice too. Lots of meetings today both as a manager and one with my union hat on. Good Runs All Roy I think I will cycle the 7 to the station and back......

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

something french? 4 Magical Healing Miles with Tory with 6 x 20 sec strides sprinkled in. Another muggy 72F. The bunnies were out in force carboloading. Have great runs, rests and x-training! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Renee the dog

Good morning everybody! 7 mi this morning (5 alone + 2 with Renee) in 73 F and 90% H. Was supposed to run my 7 last night at 9 p.m. Only one little problem with that plan: I was crawling into bed at 8:45 p.m.! So I caught up this morning. Feeling good. Getting back on track. Good running or resting to all today.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! 1 hour riding my bike this morning, followed by 1 mile at a slow jog on the treadmill. Happy Monday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

good morning! I wanted to try to post early... need to catch up on saturday & sunday. so sneaking in before there are many posts today.... Great to have you starting us Roy. Solarmix4? hope your meetings go well. Yay Holly! congratulations on all the great runs yesterday. Kevin, I'm sorry you're having those atrial flutters again. playing basketball lately? what do you think's causing them? Sarge, oh no. {{{{{ }}}}} Is it muscle or tendon? How bad is it? Tall, how was your picnic? Aaaaaamos.. you are amazing. DickyG, thank you. You're so encouraging. Just a little in addition to Rib's comments on the Frees... I'm going to try them for short runs, the idea is to strenghthen my feet. You're supposed to get better feedback re your position, too. I do at least try to be a mid or forefoot striker. Here's one review I read: http://walking.about.com/od/prshoe/gr/nikefreerun.htm good luck this afternoon! Nono...
            Did find one "quicksand" hole that swallowed my left leg right up to my knee. Luckily for me, I went to Catholic school, so a quick genuflect and a tug at my left leg and I was free from the swallowing.
            . Big grin Ribs, great Riblet photos. No run this morning... assorted X-training. Yesterday I ran by the river again. Definitely steamy! It was nicer than I expected it to be. Birds playing in fields of flowers. Very peaceful, in a way. maybe i was comatose. Tselbs, I honestly thought my contacts were steaming up. Wink. A mile or so walk, and a 6.15 mile run. Was trying for a lower hr & a little more length. (for me... it's all relative) so I was happy with it. average pace was 10:40 ish, max was 8 something. ahr 173, max 186. I think. Saw a couple of people I know. Nancy. A swan in the pool??
              Today is a rest day, my first since July 10th. A nap sounds great but I don't think the boss would appreciate it. He can be so unreasonable at times. Wink I mentioned a few weeks ago that I bought a pair of the Asics Gel-Nimbus X running shoes. Several of you asked what I thought of them. Now that I have a couple of weeks in them ... I like them a lot. I've had no problems with any blisters or hot spots. I did have to loosen up the laces down by the toe end pretty good. They were feeling a bit snug across that area at first. They feel lighter than the Brooks Glycerins I alternate with them. My biggest problem with all my shoes - regardless the model and make - they're all slow as molasses. Why can't they make a faster shoe? Bill ETA: before you all go "yelling" at me (which I no doubt deserve), let me say that the last 7 days I only logged 35 miles. I used to do 35 miles in 3 or 4 days. I was experimenting with replacing rest days by 2 to 3 mile recovery runs. Experiment failed. Still got tired.

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Dave59

4 miles in the warm soupy fog this morning for me. Visibility was "reduced" (as they say on TV), but fortunately I am slow enough where that isn't an issue. Monday I try to do some harder running and today was 4x3 minutes at a hard pace with a minute and a half jog in-between.

Tramps

Like everywhere else, it's steamy here this morning. Easy 5.2 miles @ 9:15. I was okay with this but I may have to rethink the scheduled tempo run tomorrow. The weather's supposed to be the same and I can't imagine mustering up any speed in these conditions. Stay cool! P.S. Bill, I have the same problem with my shoes. Have you noticed women's shoes are much faster (e.g. the ones Aamos and CNYrunner and others wear). It's not fair, really.

Be safe. Be kind.

I did not get a chance to post yesterday and I fear today's has to be short too. Yesterday it was 7 miles with my DW. Today it is zero as I continue to work on recovering from the marathon and then getting my weekly miles back up. Hopefully, I will hit 30 miles this week and then get my membership back in the 40/40 thread next week. Tallrunner I saw your post wishing Spareribs well and all of those that seconded it. I just want to add my voice to the list. You put many of our thoughts down very well. Spareribs I thought about you during my run yesterday. If wishes can do any good you have mine. wildchild congratulations on joining the GPS watch addicts society. As a charter member I want to welcome you in! Now go download SportTracks. After you get it installed go to the forums then the one on plug ins, and get the one for elevation corrections. Believe me you are going to need it! LOL There are a few other plug ins which you may also want at some point after you get a chance to fool around with your new addiction toy. CNYrunner I wondered if you had noticed. He, he, he. It is not going to be easy I tell you! Big grin The Jogger I have kind of stopped wearing my HRM unless it is a speedwork run. Anybody know if there is any point to wearing one otherwise? perchcreek under 10 miles today! Slacker! Big grin nonoruns nice run and sounds like a good night's sleep too! Holly S. here is hoping the 1 mile TM jog is the start of many more. dg. I keep meaning to ask why is there a period after the g? breger1 your first rest day in 11 days! Wow! For somebody burned out on running you sure have been doing a LOT of it! Tongue Oh, yea get one of those shoes made by Rollerblade. I hear they are a lot faster than those sneakers you keep buying. Wink Dave59 nice intervals. Tramps I hear heat and humidity are good for speedwork, heart attacks and the like! Smile Actually, I wonder if it is the effort that matters more than the actual speed you produce? I have no reason to say that other than it "seems right." Anybody here know?

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

dg.

Twocat... first, loved your RR. WTG! And 30 miles this week? I want to be just like you & Perch when I grow up. thanks for the good sinus wishes the other day. I think they worked. there's a period after the g because they won't let you use 2 letters. i was dg9 on CR, that was taken here. (weird). Used a 3 but that rhymed too much. The period seemed almost invisible. btw. i don't know either, but i was thinking the same thing re effort & speed work. so... I've been buying men's shoes??? Shocked Erika, how was your race? Did you already post it? I'd better go look.
                        5 easy recovery miles this morning... Ribs-Isn't that the truth...Most of the gals on this board can kick my butt Looking forward to seeing some of my friends on the weekend... Enke-I'm on team # 111-All Over The Pace...meet you in the beer garden after the race
                        Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                        Mariposai

I wanna meet Lynden at the beer garden also Roll eyes Mahvalous Monday, 58 degress, 7 miles with 5 miles at MP.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

So much to catch up on. I feel lost in here at the moment having missed all of last week on vacation, although it was very nice being in a place with no internet or cell phone access. Sorry Tallrunner, not having internet I wasn't able to contact you, but I will be smarter next time I venture up north. 9 mile getting back into the swing of things run today. Here are some pictures from where I was on vacation, Crosby Lake between Westport and Perth, Ontario Canada. Sunset on Crosby Lake A loon swims by the dock View of the cottage from the lake Along the Rideau Canal in Perth Great runs and rest today all.
                            wildchild

Carolyn

I guess I have men's shoes too. Sad Glad you guys are embracing the mugginess! And glad I live in the semi-arid west! Craneium, nice photos! I love the fountain coming out of your head! Twocat, thanks for the info on SportTracks - I'll look into it! The new Garmin is fun to play with. Yesterday I did some faster intervals on my usual neighborhood loop - I did the downhill side of the loop fast, then the uphill side as a recovery. The downhill side (0.8 miles) has a couple of rolling hills in it but overall it's down, whereas the uphill side (0.5 miles) is entirely uphill. I'll try to do an elevation profile with SportTracks. My paces on the downhill parts were 9:21 and 9:38. Overall run was 4.5 miles, avg pace 11:55. Fastest recorded was a 7:04. Here's a picture of the dogs with their packs on. The packs were empty - we just wanted to get Ladybug used to the feel of it. Today we're taking them for a walk with a little weight in the packs. Tet, notice wilddaughter is barefoot!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Love that Sunset picture Cranium. Set as a wallpaper on my lappie. Glad to hear you had a fun week. We missed you here. Hurray for that one mile run, Holly

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard