Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily (Not dead yet), 6.20.17 (Read 35 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

If I had known I was missing, I would have been worried!

Monday’s workouts:
    Twocat (8 ho hum miles)
    RunnerKSA (3.2 humid morning miles)
    Henrun (2.4 humid morning miles)
    Catwhoorg (4 super slow bounce-back miles)
    StarrRuns (2.5 run/walk morning miles in sunny 55° temps)
    Dave (3 TM miles in the gym instead of outside in buckets)
    Marj (5-6 mile walk around Boston with DS & family)

Mariposai (4 hot humid miles)

Mike (8 pre-soccer game miles)

Holy carp, Twocat - Long Island's in trouble!

Your photo was gone by the time I got here, Cat.

Welcome back, Tomwhite!

And a huge 'welcome back' to Deeze too!

StarrRuns, my bike doesn't make funny noises when I pedal, but I do...

I like the concept of 'facetious metaphors'. Or maybe I just like the sound of it.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Holly! Nice surprise from DH!

Thanks for the heads-up on the reward, Mike.

Sounds like a great trip for the band concert, StarrRuns. Have fun with Ingrid and your DS/

Our trip to Long Island was good, except for nasty traffic on Long Island when when got there Saturday afternoon, and when we left Monday morning. So it took us an extra hour both ways. Also, the AC in our friend's house wasn't working in our room, so it was a bit toasty overnight both nights. So it was good to visit an old friend, and it was good to get back home.

7.6 RW miles this morning in 69° muggy air. I checked the weather before I left, and it didn't say anything about rain, but there was a light drizzle that felt great. There was a breeze coming up the coast, so when I got down near the ocean the temperature felt at least 10° cooler than at home, and I liked that a lot. Not so much when it warmed up again on the way home.

Call off the search, celebrate the last day of Spring, and have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

.....glad you're back jay.........

==============

...I call Dibbs on Bringing mikeE in for The Reward.......

currently

checking Prices for a horse to sling him over when I ride in to town

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Welcome back, Jay.  I'm glad you (and I guess, LI) didn't sink.

My run did n't technically start in the rain, but i had it for about 20 of my almost 30 minutes and it flet good at 70°.  So 3.1 damp miles.

Hope the horse rental is at least less than the reward money after taxes.  Depends on if a lot of other people feel the same way about this guy as Mike does, they may not pay alot to get someone who got him.

Nice decor, Holly.  DH is trying (and succeeding) to make all of us other guys look bad.  You appear to have been a child bride.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

4.1 miles this morning-  low humidity, 62 degrees to start.  This is what summer is supposed to be!  Hope it lasts another day or so.

2.2 more on the treadmill watching the uplifting (not) evening news.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mariposai

Happy to see Jay is back.

Happy anniversary Holly. Enjoy your fancy dinner tonight.

It was 75F at 6:30 this morning when I left for my run. The dewpoint is very high for around here. I enjoyed the run. My goal is to do this route once a week to check on my speed progress.

MikeE, I had no idea you used the Hanson method. Any tips on it?

Time to get out of the computer and do some comecaring. Then off to work which will end with a board meeting tonight. I have an excellent board of directors, but nonetheless, board meetings can be tough.

Cheers to all,

Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Tramps

Yo.

Back from a week at the beach.  Lots of sun and kayaking on the Chesapeake Bay. Lots of eating and more beer and drinks than usual, too, but no running at all per doc's orders.  Despite all that, I somehow didn't gain a single pound.  What?!  Usually I put on 5 or so if I just think about food.  Maybe not running is the key.

Anyhow, back and still doing my targeted exercises.  I think I'll go out for a very short trial run tomorrow to see how things feel.

Hope everyone's been doing well.  There's no way I'll catch up here so I think I'll just ease back in slowly.

Be safe. Be kind.

Whew! Jay is safe. Tom White is back!  And welcome back Tramps! Sounds like a very restful vacation. Good luck with your first day back. Just remember - TAKE IT EASY

That picture was so sweet Catwhoorg!

Happy Anniversary Holly. Your husband gets a +1 for all of the work he put into your surprise.

I've got a neighbor pretty much like that Mike. He's from Chicago and all he ever wants to talk about is the Cubs and da Bears. Cuts his grass on a riding lawn mower with a cigar in one hand and a cocktail in the other.

2+ miles this morning in IRC. Wished I had more time to put in a few more miles but my ladies' golf league starts at 8:00 on Tuesdays and it's a half hour drive to get there when the traffic is heavy. We got about 4 holes in and the skies opened up. I put on my rain jacket and finished out the 9 but it was still raining and I was freezing. The radar showed a big cell right over the golf course so I told the girls I was quitting. Wouldn't you know it, the minute I pulled in the garage the rain stopped and it's starting to clear up.

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 for me.

I brought my bike to ride later, which pretty much guarantees thunder boomers starting no later than 3:59pm

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

....yep, VERY Cool Anniversary Pics holly//.........that should get him some Points........

==========

bumping 90's here

30-min HH on Soccer Fields in Hokas..........ssssssssssweet,

wanted to break into a Jog, maybe next week

and

40-min PoolRun with belt.........just in case I screwed something up with the HeavyHands

.................good running guys.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Just got back from a funeral for a 22 YO who died in a speeding accident.  His dad works with me at the "water cooler factory".  His son was born exactly 2 weeks before PBJster #1.  The funeral lasted about 2.5 hours.  Lots of testimonials - he was a really respectful young man with a big heart.  Such a tragedy.

When his dad spoke, he said he tried to give his son three things.  1) the basics - food, clothing and shelter.  2) support for his education.  3) help with developing his spiritual and emotional well being.

When the Apostle Wilson (founder of the church) went to deliver the proper Eulogy, he noted that the dad had already done so.  Very true.

On to the small details of life - 7 miles planned, with a side order of spinnerooni.  Plus I will tell all the PBJsters how much I love them.

Did you hear Guam flipped over!  Did anyone survive? This is horrible! That plus Long Island and Manhattan sinking! What next Wyoming? Do the people there know to evacuate?

Ghosts are real! Look coastalker's ghost has posted a whole roundup. Very nice of you, it? Ghosts dislike muggy air? Never would have thought that. Being kind of see through and ephemeral and all that.

Mike E good luck in prison. That or somehow not killing your neighbor. Or killing him and getting away with it. You know, whatever the case may be.

StarrRuns have you checked one of those genealogy web pages? You never know where you may have relatives.

catwhoorg congratulations on the graduation. Does he get a mini cap and gown?

Ran 8 miles with my training partner. We are going on a 3 week hiatus due to travel plans. I have to miss next week and she the following two. Poor gal has to go to the doctor about her eye. She had an infection a few weeks ago. Got some prescription gel that cleared it up. But this morning it came back. To say she is not happy about it is an understatement. I also returned from the doctor this morning. Found out I am allergic to gardening. Who would of thought? 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Popping in quick to say Happy Anniversary to Holly.  Good job, Holly's Hub!

As Tammy probably already reported, we survived the Wild Rogue Relay.  Tons of of fun!  I managed to of my 3 legs.  Of course, I left the longest and toughest one to my van mates to complete.  That's just how I roll.   The butt was a bit peeved by all the sitting, but it'll get over it.  I took Monday off 'cause I felt like someone replaced my brain with quicksand.  Sleep Deprivation + Age = Slower Recovery Time . . . at least that's the excuse I'm going with at the moment.

Friday I travel to Sacto to pick up my buddy, Karen, then it's off to Auburn to volunteer again this year at the river crossing for Western States. It will be yet another weekend of sleep deprivation but fun, fun, fun!  Although it looks like temps will be in triple digits. Ugh!!  Sunscreen and water will be my best friends.

Okay - Gotta get back to work.  Take care, friends ~~~

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

...I call Dibbs on Bringing mikeE in for The Reward.......

currently

checking Prices for a horse to sling him over when I ride in to town

Twocat - LOL!

6.8 miles for me this morning in 60-ish degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E good luck in prison. That or somehow not killing your neighbor. Or killing him and getting away with it. You know, whatever the case may be.

StarrRuns have you checked one of those genealogy web pages? You never know where you may have relatives.

Ironically there is a men's correctional facility in Lino Lakes so Debbie won't have too far to go to visit MikeE. And nope, never checked on the web but pretty sure it would come up with a bunch in Norway and Sweden.

Holly, Jim sure did go over the top for this special day. Enjoy your evening and congrats to you both.

Yeah for tomwhite almost jogging!

75° at 6:30 is pretty steamy anywhere.

PBJ, how sad about the young man. I am sure the family appreciates all the support.

I slept in today and we are going to pick asparagus at BIL's farm after work, then I have a 7PM meeting about the Germany trip.  Hopefully I'll get out to run a few miles after that.  The sunsets have been gorgeous the last few days.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

pfriese

Just now catching up here in RA. I'm still up in the PNW visiting post relay. Went kayaking with the grandsons yesterday. This morning, 6 "slow & easy" Sammamish miles on a misty (they call it rain up here in the PNW) morning. I just read the WRR race report thread. Tammy & Leslie are doing a great job telling of the experience. I'll add some later if they left anything out.

Paul