Masters Running

aamos featured in dean karnazes' new booK! (Read 285 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

yay amy - a Marathon Maniacs board post about Dean Karnazes' new book "50/50" regales a chapter eight ("running wild") account of a lovely day running the 26.2 miles of the Deadwood Mickelson Trail Marathon course in September 2006 with our lovely amy. I can hardly wait to find get it, . . . and hope she'll sign it when she comes back to the PNW? <>Seattle RnR)>>> . . . although I'd rather read the book amy writes.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Cool! Is Amy writing a book, or are you just hoping she will?
      Mariposai

Count me in as one of those who will wait patiently until our beloved aamos writes her book, because when she does I will be there to ask for her signature.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

arf

MM #405

I can't wait 'til the book comes out too! I will be looking for a photo in it of the Deadwood Mickelson, showing Dean trying desperately to keep up with our amazing Amy! Big grin arf

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Is Amy writing a book, or are you just hoping she will?
            YES YES YES <>please/please/please)>>> Quote from aamos
            in case any of you have time on your hands, I thought I'd post one of my past running columns (I write for the local paper) that included Darcy's book.
            Quote from Spareribs
            Post some of your columns. We need more Amy here. Spareribs
            Quote from tetsujin.
            I hope your editor links up an aamos anthology someday ala Joe Henderson

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

If she writes a book, I insist on a free copy. What's the point of having a woman fall in love with you if not to give you free books? Spareribs

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

the film's out, the film's out and the maniacs are already reporting on seeing amy in it and others, including a prior 50/50/50 by MM#103i.

This is neat for our RA friend, Aamos. TomS
                  xor

It's very cool to see Amy make The Dean's List of cool cats. And she is a cool cat, so it just 'feels right' Smile I just wish Frank the Wonder Dog could have gotten a plug. This is ok. He got his picture in M&B!!

O Robert, it's your book in which I hope to merit a mention. .......if it isn't forthcoming soon, I'm going to have to go out there and help you write it! warning grins Big grin, yer chum A
                      Masters 2000 miles
                      TammyinGP

A friend of mine just finished this book a couple days ago and when she mentioned that to me, I almost was about to say "hey, this runner icon I know from my running board actually got to run with Dean in his SD marathon" but I didn't. Now, I'll have to tell her so she can go back and read that part again, And then I will ask to borrow her book so I can read it also! That is way cool!

Tammy