Masters Running

M O N D A Y !!!! 3/10/14 (Read 48 times)

Dave59

We survived the weekend and now back to the weekday routine. 

What's up?

I got up early to run 5 on the basement treadmill.  

50 and sunny this afternoon.

Snow on Wednesday

Tramps

Hey, who turned the lights out?  Back to being pitch black at 6 a.m.

Thanks for starting us off, Dave.

I copied you and ran 5...but outside.  The birds were chirping up a storm this morning.

Have a good week.

Be safe. Be kind.

Good Monday morning Dave, Tramps and all to follow. It was a downright balmy 29° here at 5:15 AM and no wind. No treadmills for me today! Out the door for 6 wonderful miles at a 9:43 pace. A little slow due to darkness and a lot of slippery spots on the road. But boy - does it feel awesome to be running outside again.

Great pictures of your DS yesterday, C-R. Sounds like you had a good weekend.

We have another grandson birthday this coming weekend, and my DH is turning 69.  I'm planning a BIG party for the two of them

I'll let Jay handle the rest of the recap - hope your week is off to a good start.

Just went back and ready yesterday's posts. I'm so sorry about your father's passing, Tom. Your family is in my prayers today.

mrrun

Hi early posters and all who follow,

Out for 3 in light flurries, hopefully to amount to nothing.  Count me in on those who loves DST - I enjoy the ability to be out in lightness after dinner.

((((condolences TW))))

marj

Slo

Hey All !

I really need to get back to posting and become a "regular" again.

Busy Busy Busy...and if I wasn't busy enough I took on a couple more projects. I will be taking over as RD for the local American Red Cross Run for the Red 5k and my latest project...The Human Powered League. http://www.hplg.net/  Looking to build some multi use trails in our local parks and surrounding area's...Check out the Solo Cup Series runs.

Looks like tonight I will be able to run in shorts...Yea!

Holly, Hope you had an awesome Birthday!

Sayhey! MM#130

Good morning!

I was awol over the weekend (hiya Slo, I was awol way longer but just came back, gladtaseeya!).

tomwhite, what Dave59 quoted Steve P saying.  Thinking of you.

And boy, have I missed Tag.  Could he get an extra treat from me today?

Jay, such a generous offer to DH with help on his speed/race walking.  I sent him a note and will let you know what he says.  Thanks so much for your interest.

OK, confession: so I'm scanning through the weekend posts and reading about Hudson, and I get to the wriggling butt part, and I'm scratching my head....anyone else notice Karin's dog has the same name as Ribs' riblet?

Hey, fat-be-gone Jlynne.  Totally impressive.

Love the snow card Carolyn

Happy for the birthday ladies and that they both got in runs (AND that's Holly's heel behaved.)

Agree on WWDTM and Paula Poundstone, Erika.  

Deez!  Hi there, wow, nice running; thought you were not feeling well not too long ago.

So I learned something about Ribs' prohibition against tying the garment around your waist.  It seems that it is JACKETS that cause the real outrage.  I posted a pic to him this weekend of me in my (color-coordinated) long sleeved grey shirt tied aound my waist over my grey shorts, asking if this wasn't a good compromise (I thought it looked rather like a running skirt as it all blended).  I thought it would provoke a spirited debate but that seems to pass muster.  Must have something to do with zippers

Karin and Mike, love your posts.  I dream of those kinds of training runs.    Wow.

I can post a little something in common....very leetle....recall Mike did 14 miles at 7:17.  I ran the Komen 5K Saturday and won the fastest survivor as well as grandmaster awards....of course, the surviving is the real reward.  Anyway, my miles were: 7;15; 7:17 and 6:46.  And there is no way I could maintain 7:17 for a 10K, let alone 14!   Did 20 yesterday and 5 very slow ones this morning, both with my new headlight, bought Saturday (procrastination, guilty!)

Running a marathon Sunday with friends, to be a fun run (it's a 1st marathon for one of them, not to mention has some trail in it, yikes ), so I'm on the fence as to how much to cut back this week vs. sticking with the Boston training plan.

Happy day, everyone,

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

TomWhite - you and your family are in my prayers.  Even when someone is ready it is not easy to say goodbye.

No run for me today, 30 minutes or so of weights and core.

It's supposed to hit 62 today (!), but then snow and ice Wednesday night getting down to 12 degrees.  Gotta love March!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

My sympathies to you and family TW.

Yes Aamos, Karin deliberately named her dog after my son. He is a very popular kid. Lots of people are doing this. And btw, that shirt actually looked pretty good in the pic. You had it rolled up and I could hardly see it.

Today I put up another quiz for socks, with a bottle of beer on top of a coaster from a local race. Since none of you are local you won't recognize the coaster, but who here knows his beer?

http://runningblog.dallasnews.com/2014/03/new-quiz-guess-this-picture-and-win-feetures-socks.html/

3.2 slow miles today with my RP. Back at it tomorrow!  Spareribs

Henrun

Hi early posters and all who follow,

Out for 3 in light flurries, hopefully to amount to nothing.  Count me in on those who loves DST - I enjoy the ability to be out in lightness after dinner.

((((condolences TW))))

marj

+1

Also did 3 a bit later than Marj. Flurries ended. Roads and sidewalks clear.

Yes Aamos, Karin deliberately named her dog after my son. He is a very popular kid. Lots of people are doing this. And btw, that shirt actually looked pretty good in the pic. You had it rolled up and I could hardly see it.

Um, Aamos, you are about two years behind on that news but I love ya anyway! Not only named after a celebrity here, but hails from Fruitport, MI and is the progeny of hopeful4ever's amazing dogs Hailey and the late Huntley. We may get a brother for our Hudson, but will likely choose a name like Hamp......a clue on the real naming convention history. And you are still blazing fast my friend!.

Ran 9 miles this morning at 8:25 pace----just getting light at 6:45 am when I went, but wore my reflective hat, gloves and vest anyway. Lots of sleepy and distracted drivers out and about.

Marathon Maniac #957

Ribs - Sierra Nevada Pale Ale?

Got my blood tests back.  Cholesterol: 118 HDL, 77 LDL, 206 total.  My HDL went up 8 points over last year, which might be because of my Nutribullet.  I don't know what the rest of my test results mean, but they seem to be in the normal range, so all is good.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

My dr. wants my LDL to go below 80.  It's 89 right now, down from 100 at beginning of the year.  My HDL, the good stuff, is very high at 92.  You are looking pretty good there Holly.  Spareribs

evanflein

Holly! You are one of the few people I know who has a HDL over 100 like that. It always skews the "tabletop" testers and I have to go to a lab for my screenings. Total cholesterol over 200 always triggers the "red flag" on the online health assessments, but the ratio is awesome. Last time I had mine done, my ANP said "your HDL is totally amazing! Whatever you're doing, keep it up!"  Good for you!

Sayhey! MM#130

Hey Karin, I think I knew about your dog coming from hopeful, but must have dropped off into the teaching ozone soon after that.

Thanks for the update; and it gave me a laugh this am when I realized what was going on!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

C-R

Hi All,

Good luck on the cholesterol Ribs. No clue on the race but it looks like a Sierra Nevada Torpedo unless your camera colors are off than it would be a Pale Ale. Love their beers.

Nice little 7 at lunch. Picking up paces. Only 6 weeks until race day.

Back to work.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/