Masters Running

The Daily Saturday Daily, 5.6.17 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Friday’s fenomenal workouts:

RunnerKSA (3.1 wet pavement miles)

Pfriese (5 morning park miles)

Fatozzig (30 min morning core/upper body strength training)

Tet (5 morning showered miles)

dg. (3 miles with intervals then weight machines at the gym)

Holly (4.5 TM miles)

Catwhoorg (7 after-work miles, in light rain)

Mike (6.5 miles, including block laps with a little buddy, and with Debbie’s day care kids)

Evanflein (2.8 EZ miles)

Is that TwoCat, or just OneCat, Tramps? Pretty wet, either way.

Thanks for the YouTube rabbit hole Winwood, Stumpy. You never know what you are going to find. Nice negative splits on Thursday.

Fatozzig, if you want to get those trails built, get the trail runners together and start the process to make it happen. You can do it! Regarding the wait at the doc’s office - If I have to wait more than 30 min without any explanation, I tell them I’m leaving, or I’m billing them for the wait time. Maybe we should all hire Tet to be our waiting proxy.

Tet, I’d also like to see May 6 remain as Roger Bannister Day, regardless of what else happens.

dg. - another great Ellington album!

Holly, I’m glad Rosie is still on the slipper attack (although you may not be).

Good running with the kids, Mike.

Here’s some more music to sample: Interesting/different stuff by Omar Sosa & Sekou Keita; John Mayall from almost 50 years ago; Kynga Glyck (who?) smooth on bass; and Morgan James doing Clapton.

I'm off to this morning's 5K (I have volunteer duty before the race) in light-moderate rain, with temps in the upper 40s-low 50s. This is a hilly course, and my damnstring doesn't like hills, so I'm going to dial back. I know I'll be tempted to compete with the other racewalkers, so it'll be interesting to see if I am capable of just letting them go.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Musical rabbit hole?  Nothing beats Spotify.  I like having a little background info on the bands and the "related artists" stuff can be really interesting.  The first time I used it a few years back it was one of those "OMG! The internet does change everything" moments. If I were only 14 again with access to all this music, I suspect my life would have gone differently. Not necessarily better, just differently.

You still have a chance to be the first sub-2 marathoner.

"It's just drizzling," I said.

"I'm only doing 6 miles," I said.

"I'll be back before it really starts raining," I said.

I got 4 miles in.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

The river is as high as I've seen it, and the running path flooded in both directions, but there was enough above ground to get in some miles

7 miles for me in 42 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

That is how the thunderstorm looked like here the other night.

Holly, the rivers are high around here too.

Nice music selection here lately. Heah, I remember the McSolar mix and the one that dAAve did for us. I miss listening to them. Any chance to re-post them?

I did fit in my 20 miler after work yesterday. It was very humid and hot. It took me for ever, but I got it done. Today is rest day because tomorrow the Easy Pacer, my two sons and I are running the Bloomsday race in Spokane. I am looking forward to our small family get together. Tetsujin, I wish you could be there too as in years past.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Reluctant longer run of 11.5 miles.  2 hours.  Nice morning (finally) and I thought I over-dressed but the sun went in and I was OK.  I hate to be chilly, so I tend to wear more than others would.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

I stayed up way too late, last night/this morning, watching history in the making.  It was kind of disappointing that the 2 hour mark was not broken but I'm kind of glad it wasn't done in that way.  I would rather see it done during a race.  But, still, to watch those guys run...man, I wish I could run like that.

pfriese

Beautiful morning for a 5K race. Finished with a 22:45, good for 1AG (only me in my AG) & 5th OA.

Paul

wildchild

Carolyn

Heah, I remember the McSolar mix and the one that dAAve did for us. I miss listening to them. Any chance to re-post them?

Hey, speaking of McSolar, he was on NPR's Science Friday yesterday!  Interviewed about the upcoming solar eclipse.

Paul, that's a pretty speedy 5k!

I did an 8 miler yesterday on a local trail - the first warm day of the season, maybe 70 degrees, but it felt hot!

Last night I was up too late - DH flew home from Spain (he stayed 2 weeks longer than I did, for a climbing trip) and his flight didn't get in till 10 pm.  Nice to have him home!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

spacityrunner

Welcome home DH

I did 3.3 slow and easy miles (13 m/m) around the neighborhood.  Jeeze louise it felt hot out there...it was only 77f but I would of sworn it was 95.  Sweat buckets out there.  Saw one snake.  Going across the road.  It did not care that I was there as it slithered along.  I gave it a wide berth and kept on going.  There were some hills.

Trails Rock!

catwhoorg

Labrat

Rest day, as we drove up to attend my nieces graduation.

Lovely little college in North Georgia called Young Harris. She certainly made the most of the easy access to the outdoors during her years there.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Watching caps-Pens.  Sorry, Tramps.

Today's run was supposed to be 3 at race pace and I managed to hit it.  Tomorrow's12 will give me a little more realistic view.  Not feeling it.  But we shall see

Third period changed a bit..............

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

Be safe. Be kind.

Mike E

MM #5615

Oh...are they still playing hockey?

TammyinGP

Ran a 5K this morning, that I put in the race report thread, but after that I went for a longer run with a friend who just joined my relay team and he's one of David's teachers as well.  I'm glad he agreed to go for a run with me even though he wasn't planning on running more than 5K today and wasn't feeling the best since he celebrated Cinco de Mayo last night  , but we ran 7 at a faster pace than I would have done on my own.

so got in a 10.1 mile run today with all miles below 10 m/m pace. even the 7 afterwards, started at 9.47 and ended with a 9.30, so I was happy with that.

Tammy

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Back from the rabbit hole yet again.  Listening to Jay's selections and was talking with DW about reunions.  That lead me to wonder if my old HS classmate showed up.  and he did, playing with Buddy Rich in 1977.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRwtM2OANiA  Unfortunately, he died of an overdose in the mid 80's.  Know and listen to very little jazz, but boy, the skill is amazing!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.